Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
We all have different Avatars associated with our user name. Some seem pretty interesting, and some are funny. How many of you want to explain what your Avatar symbolizes, or why did you pick the one you did? Mine, the two boys are my two grandsons in their little league and T-Ball league uniforms. I like to keep them close.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
From 1935 until the last rebranding effort UConn has always had a white husky as a mascot. The most recent change abandoned that tradition. At the time Susan Herbst said the decision was made because there is no such thing as a white husky (a belief oddly clung to by one men's board poster). My avatar is a reminder of that abandoned tradition and the hope that we will get back to that tradition on the next rebranding.

1624542961137.png

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I was given my avatar by the mods when I joined the BY. The "roll Tide roll" fits with my state of residence, Alabama. I chose the Bama fan moniker because I was a UConn fan who lived in Alabama. Some might construe it as a fan of the University of Alabama, but that was not my original intent . However, my youngest daughter did graduate from UA with an electrical engineering degree, so I naturally became a fan of the sports teams there.

Reaction Score
this incredible nature photo is the work of renowned Brazilian photographer Sebastião Salgado. Selgado is famous for nature and social documentary photography. I came across this pic a decade ago and it is a favorite of mine. Salgado has published numerous books and has exhibited all over the world. Take a few minutes to Google him and view his works. You will not be disappointed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was given my avatar by the mods when I joined the BY. The "roll Tide roll" fits with my state of residence, Alabama. I chose the Bama fan moniker because I was a UConn fan who lived in Alabama. Some might construe it as a fan of the University of Alabama, but that was not my original intent . However, my youngest daughter did graduate from UA with an electrical engineering degree, so I naturally became a fan of the sports teams there.
Huh, who knew?

Reaction Score
If a mod is feeling puckish, we might add an occasional avatar. PM me if you want it changed
I m fine with the picture even though the only sailing I have done is on a sunfish in Lake George during the 70's

Reaction Score
From 1935 until the last rebranding effort UConn has always had a white husky as a mascot. The most recent change abandoned that tradition. At the time Susan Herbst said the decision was made because there is no such thing as a white husky (a belief oddly clung to by one men's board poster). My avatar is a reminder of that abandoned tradition and the hope that we will get back to that tradition on the next rebranding.

View attachment 68167
Zero chance that'll happen in our lifetimes. You just don't get it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom