Availability of Players for Friday. | The Boneyard

Availability of Players for Friday.

Reaction Score
The silence is deafening. Any info? Don’t rush anyone. Still a ways to go.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
Yes, definitely a loooooong way to go, but I feel your desperation.... ;)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
FWIW: a couple of days ago Geno said that Caroline had passed 99% of the tests given to her...was improving every day...and he did seem hopeful [at least] that she would get some minutes on Friday.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
They had Monday and Tuesday off, so I hope you haven’t been expecting anything up until now.

You probably won’t hear anything until Alexa or one of the other reporters sees the pregame warmups on Friday and tweets out. That is how we have found out up until now.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They had Monday and Tuesday off, so I hope you haven’t been expecting anything up until now.

You probably won’t hear anything until Alexa or one of the other reporters sees the pregame warmups on Friday and tweets out. That is how we have found out up until now.

Alexa, who's available Friday night?

4328.jpg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don’t believe Caroline’s or Liv’s availability will officially be decided until Thursday, and maybe not until Friday. I’m expecting Caroline to play. As for Liv, I would not be surprised if she sits out another game.

Reaction Score
Good chance to get Piath and Amari some quality playing time.
They must not be doing something Gino wants them to in practice. This seasons playing time is pretty much a wash for both of them. I know it’s a learning curve and sometimes more difficult for the Bigs but they hardly ever see any game time. With so little game time comes so little game time experience I just hope it doesn’t come back to bite us tournament time. A couple minutes rest here and there could be very beneficial for our Bigs in a heated game

Reaction Score
They must not be doing something Gino wants them to in practice. This seasons playing time is pretty much a wash for both of them. I know it’s a learning curve and sometimes more difficult for the Bigs but they hardly ever see any game time. With so little game time comes so little game time experience I just hope it doesn’t come back to bite us tournament time. A couple minutes rest here and there could be very beneficial for our Bigs in a heated game
Will likely be a bigger factor next year. ONO is leaving, and there's the possibility Dorka will too. We'll be screwed unless Amari and Piath have some miraculous levels of development this summer or Geno lands a skilled big from the portal and it's not like those grow on trees.

Reaction Score
My simple guess is that both Piath and Amari are huge defensive liabilites. I saw them constantly out of postion the few minutes they were on court. Geno can't afford to have to come from behind with a shorthanded team. Once they can defend at D1 level, you will see them at lot. Hopefully next year.

sun

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
if Ducharme is symptom free I assume she plays some limited minutes but I wouldn't allow ONO to step on the court.............this is the perfect game to get the two bigs off of the bench and involved once the lead is secured.....

Reaction Score

GENO

Reaction Score
I'd like to see Amari and Piath get some time but find it so hard for people to understand that the problem is that UConn can't get the same starting lineup together to play in every game so they can get their chemistry in shape either. It is far more important to get your main lineup ready to play than getting time for the bench. The bench is also important but secondary. This years illness and injuries have cost the bench minutes in games but I would be willing to bet it got them far more quality time working into the system in practice.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I miss watching Grasshopper. It was always relaxing...until the antagonist pushed just a little to much. Then at the end it was KARMA personified. :D
If you have Hulu, YouTube TV, of fubo you can stream Kung

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Amari and Piath get some time but find it so hard for people to understand that the problem is that UConn can't get the same starting lineup together to play in every game so they can get their chemistry in shape either. It is far more important to get your main lineup ready to play than getting time for the bench. The bench is also important but secondary. This years illness and injuries have cost the bench minutes in games but I would be willing to bet it got them far more quality time working into the system in practice.
It was not just the injuries and illness that cost the bench minutes. It was also because the starters could not build a lead big enough to allow the coaches to take a chance on playing them although there were a couple of games in which the lead was big enough to play them the last two minutes. Yes, I know the injuries contributed to the starters not building a comfortable lead but, there was enough talent on the floor to do so, as in the Villanova game, imo.

Reaction Score
It is not critical to have Liv or Caroline against Xavier...
I look at this totally differently than you. While It not critical for a win, it certainly is for team chemistry and lineup success, especially with all the injuries and not being able to fully prepare the team in practice. Like, when Geno said that Dorka doesn't practice a lot, it's important for as many players as possible to play in as many games as possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom