Autumn destination | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Autumn destination

Reaction Score
I agree 100%, but let's expand it to current players and everyone else. These kids read this stuff, their friends read this stuff, their families read this stuff. We should keep that in mind before hitting the "post reply" button.
Perhaps this does not need saying, but I'll say it anyway:
What we say about a particular player is one thing, how we feel about them is another. It should be obvious ( I guess) that we spend time, thought and effort following all things Husky and commenting because we think they are a special and often extraordinary group of athletes, and worthy of our notice.
If we dissect a season, particular game or portion of a game, and indicate that someone could have performed better, it's precisely BECAUSE we believe they COULD do better.
A sportswriter once criticized a baseball player (a catcher) in his column after the player had struck out 3 times against a very good pitcher.
The next time they met, the player reminded the sports writer that he had broken a finger on a foul tip the day before and was playing with his hand taped up.
He said "I'd like to see YOU hit Robin Roberts with bad hands!!"
The sportswriter, in a rare moment of empathy and humility said "I couldn't do it with GOOD hands"
So, CW, Liv, Nika, Aubrey, Evina, Ayleah, Mir, Piath, Saylor, Paige, the next time we point out that you could have shot or scored more, outfought someone for a rebound, kept an excellent guard from getting behind you in the lane, not committed a questionable foul or.....
G-D forbid, made a critical free throw or two. please keep in mind that if we did not have such high expectations, we wouldn't bother...or be watching for that matter.
P.S. I couldn't guard Ari McDonald or Chelsea Dungee on my BEST day.

Reaction Score
#1. I am happy for Autumn if she’s happy
#2. I really wish her the best and hope what she learned at UConn allows her to play meaningful minutes and contribute at LSU Eunice.
#3. My logical observation of this, is she does want to play basketball at some level and having tangible statistics with playing at LSU Eunice may garner her some offers from lower D1, any D2 or D3 school.
#4. Based on this choice and my watching her in the very limited time she received last year is she is not a top 175 D1 school player. Could she get offers for schools 176-351, maybe/probably if she plays well this year.
#5. This announcement will still not quell the bizarre posts by our brethren that she is bound for LSU or Vandy or other P5 schools. Heck, I honestly think she would be lucky to get an offer from any mid-major and am rooting she does.
#6. My very cursory search for any players going from LSU Eunice to any D1 school has not found any results. So, let’s all wish her the best and be fairer on the assessment of her skills. She was a good to great UConn teammate and a definite fan favorite but D1 player is probably a long shot.
All respect intended. DefenseBB

I had hoped that the above post would be the final word in this thread.

While there are several things keeping it going, one set of them is continued over-the-top statements about Autumns BB potential.

She has not received (or there’s no evidence of) any D1 scholarship offers. And that’s fine.

But it is incredibly unlikely that anyone would get a D1 offer after 2 years, so someone trying to argue that she will does not have history on their side.

I hope she has a nice D2/D3 career.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Maybe she wanted to be close to home and play basketball?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Slow down there Bart! So Geno, allowed a young women with no skill, strength or knowledge to play at UConn?
You can’t be serious. There is no way he would have kept her even as a walk-on, if she didn’t show some basketball acumen and skill.
Given there are 351 schools in D1, yes I do think she could make a roster. How much playing time is certainly a fair question but she did show some skills in the junk minutes we saw and Geno constantly supported her so I think I will defer to his view vs. yours.
Great post! Well, other than the fact that he never said the point that you so skillfully refuted… But other than that, really well done!

Reaction Score
For those who are interested, here is how Autumn is doing so far against juco competition:

Points per game: 6.3 ppg
Rebounds per game: 2.6 rpg
Assists per game: 2.75 apg
Turnovers per game: 4.1 tpg
FG pct = 28.1% (18-64)
3-pt pct = 14.3% (3-21)

Includes stats from eight games. She has generally started and played 18-24 mpg.

Very doubtful she will be getting scholarship offers from any D1 schools. I know the Patriot League very well, and she is not good enough to play in that league for sure.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For those who are interested, here is how Autumn is doing so far against juco competition:

Points per game: 6.3 ppg
Rebounds per game: 2.6 rpg
Assists per game: 2.75 apg
Turnovers per game: 4.1 tpg
FG pct = 28.1% (18-64)
3-pt pct = 14.3% (3-21)

Includes stats from eight games. She has generally started and played 18-24 mpg.

Very doubtful she will be getting scholarship offers from any D1 schools. I know the Patriot League very well, and she is not good enough to play in that league for sure.
Thanks for the update. Hopefully, Autumn finds the right place to play and enjoy basketball, wherever that might be.

Reaction Score
Stop with the full scholarship talk. She is not a D1 player. If she was she’d have a scholarship already. Go to a good DIII academic institution, play ball, have fun, graduate, get a good job or go on to grad school.
I thought she wanted to get into coaching. :)

Reaction Score
When I heard Ms Chassion wound up in Eunice the first thing I thought was she'd grown tired of that bland, soulless food they serve in the northeast and decided to go back for the best home cooking in the world. You can't swing a possum and not hit a good cajun joint where she's at. There's gas stations that serve food better than a lot of restaurants in most states. Good for her.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
When I heard Ms Chassion wound up in Eunice the first thing I thought was she'd grown tired of that bland, soulless food they serve in the northeast and decided to go back for the best home cooking in the world. You can't swing a possum and not hit a good cajun joint where she's at. There's gas stations that serve food better than a lot of restaurants in most states. Good for her.
Didn't someone also explain that the BBQ you can find at Texas gas stations is better than BBQ you find in the North, North East, and West? I'm not surprised about that. I was in New Orleans about 20 years ago and one of my fondest memories was eating some great food.

As for Amber, I wish her nothing but the best. I have no opinion on whether she could actually play at "a" division 1 school. Maybe she could, maybe she couldn't. Could she play for some of the lower teams in not good conferences? I have no idea. Maybe she'd never be a starter even for them. I have no idea.

I just hope she's happy. I'm saddened that this thread about wishing her well about where she was/is headed turned into a "she's not good enough to _________" fill in the blank. I get that she was not good enough to be any kind of rotation at UCONN. She's not alone. Players like Engeln, Banks, Ekmark, Boykin, Coombs, and probably Gordon were unlikely to ever get serious minutes off the bench either. Maybe a few of them could have (I'm not trying to argue about how much PT others who left would have gotten had they stayed).

Walk ons over the years like Kraus, Healy, Gelfenbien, Czel, Marron, Fernandez, Pulido, and Lawler all had varying degrees of skill and some played more than others, Most lasted all 4 years ad the ones who were only here for 1 or 2 for the most part were because they came from other sports or needed a player for just 1 year. Some ended up being offered a scholarship before their 4 years were done.

Bottom line, the walk ons were always among the most popular with the fans, and any time one scored at the end of a game, not only the fans, but the bench as well, erupted in the loudest cheers of the night. I hope Amber finds what she is looking for and is happy no matter where she ends up.

Reaction Score
Didn't someone also explain that the BBQ you can find at Texas gas stations is better than BBQ you find in the North, North East, and West? I'm not surprised about that. I was in New Orleans about 20 years ago and one of my fondest memories was eating some great food.
Best BBQ I've ever had was at a truck stop in Texas. Heading east out of Dallas it was about halfway to Vicksburg, MS

Reaction Score
Eunice is <1 hr from her hometown of Lafayette
Eunice has some high crime numbers, a 1-16 chance of being victimized by a criminal or by property loss. Getting a jump-start to LSU is a great incentive, and Autumn could get the chance to walk on for Kim Mulkey Beyond that Chasson would do well in a number of undergraduate and graduate programs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom