August Transfer Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

August Transfer Thread

Reaction Score
Being able to take 4 pro's and qualify for the Olympics, then turn around and have to replace a player, and go win the Olympic Gold is pretty good coaching.

True but a lot different from a college team

Reaction Score
Funny that folks took my comment in a completely different way than intended.

There are lots of reasons to not pick Duke, but to be offered by Miss St and Duke and actually still consider MSS??

Miss St compared to Duke
Better coach? Debateable.
Better opportunity to win? Debateable.
Better campus & location? Definitely No.
Better education & non-sports future? HELL NO.

Reaction Score

There are lots of reasons to not pick Duke, but to be offered by Miss St and Duke and actually still consider MSS??

Miss St compared to Duke
Depends on what they want in a degree. MSU has better degrees in some disciplines.
Location- some kids like a more rural setting.

After living in rural and major metro, It would take 4x the money to get me back in a city.

Reaction Score
Depends on what they want in a degree. MSU has better degrees in some disciplines.
Location- some kids like a more rural setting.

After living in rural and major metro, It would take 4x the money to get me back in a city.
1) Lol
2) While in a small city, it's a pretty self contained campus.

Reaction Score
1) Lol
2) While in a small city, it's a pretty self contained campus.
Does Duke offer anything In agriculture, horticulture, forestry, turf? Nope. There are degrees you can't get at Duke.

Duke only offers 5 engineering degrees, MSU 16.

So laugh all you want, Duke isn't always better.

Reaction Score
Duke has taken in like 7 transfers, I guess half of them will be okay with being bench warmers.

I feel like worrying about the playing time of players on good teams happens more on the wbb forums than other sports.

I'm not sure I understand it.

I do not think most players are horribly miserable if they do not get 35 minutes a night.

Reaction Score
Does Duke offer anything In agriculture, horticulture, forestry, turf? Nope. There are degrees you can't get at Duke.

If she wanted a degree in manure studies or whatever then she wouldn’t have Duke in her final 4.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am pretty sure Lattimore isnt looking at us, feels like she is either Texas or Baylor bound. No clue about Shayeann Wilson but we would love to have her. We should be good this year at guard having Pointer and Moon but we need guards badly moving forward though. I heard she is in talks with Duke.

Interesting. She's just spent the last month with Emma Koabel, a Canadian 2022 who's committed to Duke. A convenient way to get insight while out of the country.

Reaction Score

I feel my EE degree from MSST allowed me to accomplish all I ever dreamed. I traveled all over the world and worked on some of the real challenging technology that contributed to society. I started my own technology business and hired engineers for many different universities, so if you evaluate a university by your own experience then I feel MSST Engineering program is first class and I am proud to be an alum!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Miss St compared to Duke

Better school colors: Undoubtedly Duke
Better mascot: I'll go with the furry bulldog
Better food in the city: Durham
Better fanbase: Debatable... the Land Granters are a loyal and passionate bunch... but Duke has @CamrnCrz1974 and myself :p

Reaction Score
If given the choice between going to Duke or MSU......its Duke under all conditions. Doesnt matter where I was raised....Im simply not stupid.
My BFF is a North Carolina State grad. He has told me many times the only school worse than Duke is North Carolina. I believe you get out of education what you are willing to put in, the best engineer I ever met was from University of West Florida, hardly an engineering icon but he was outstanding!

Reaction Score
I went to grad school just outside of Boston, and several of our professors also taught at Harvard. We were a small private school, so we weren't competing against each or anything. They would talk so much crap about Harvard. Basically saying how it teaches competition rather than collaboration (amongst many other things) and that the MBA at our school was probably better because of it. Although I think it is probably true for the sciences, when you think about all the other programs - being "Ivy League" does NOT necessarily mean you're getting a better education. Make whatever decisions you would for yourself, but I don't think a blanket statement is fair at all.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I went to grad school just outside of Boston, and several of our professors also taught at Harvard. We were a small private school, so we weren't competing against each or anything. They would talk so much about Harvard. Basically saying how it teaches competition rather than collaboration (amongst many other things) and that the MBA at our school was probably better because of it. Although I think it is probably true for the sciences, when you think about all the other programs - being "Ivy League" does NOT necessarily mean you're getting a better education. Make whatever decisions you would for yourself, but I don't think a blanket statement is fair at all.
I was just thinking “hmm. This sounds just like Babson College” ….. then I saw your username ‍♀️‍♀️

Reaction Score

Interesting. Thought Day-Wilson and Lattimore would try to stay together, but logistically it wasn't likely.

This will make it 2 Canadians on this squad with 2022 commit Emma Koabel. They've had time to get to know each other in preparation for the U19 tournament. That will help for sure.

Reaction Score
Who is she? Any good?
Not sure if this is a tongue-in-cheek comment, but here's some insight.

Day-Wilson is a guard who comes from Toronto Canada. Gained a lot of social media attention for her play, along with Latasha Lattimore when they played for a prep school called Crestwood. She was also a team mate of Aaliyah Edwards for a couple seasons.

She's considered to be the best guard from the 2021 class coming out of Canada. Decommitted from Syracuse when Hillsman resigned.

She is a talented player. If Coach Lawson can reign her in, she'll be a great asset to the team. I'd suggest looking up the Canadian U19 game footage from the recent tournament in Hungary on YouTube.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Based on her Instagram, it appears as if Latasha Lattimore will announce her commitment decision tonight. She definitely made official visits to Texas and Baylor last week; doesn't appear as if she visited any other schools, but perhaps she did.

Reaction Score
Who is she? Any good?

Guard from Canada and yes she’s very good! If you have a chance go back and watch the U19 women’s tournament. She scored 30 twice and had another twenty point game as well. I can see her splitting time with DeJesus at the 1.

Reaction Score
Based on her Instagram, it appears as if Latasha Lattimore will announce her commitment decision tonight. She definitely made official visits to Texas and Baylor last week; doesn't appear as if she visited any other schools, but perhaps she did.
Is Lattimore more of a back to the basketball post or more of a forward?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom