August Transfer Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

August Transfer Thread

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Can either of these programs accommodate two players, if this is the case?

I know that I've said this in previous posts, but I wouldn't discount her still wanting to play with Day-Wilson. They've talked about playing collegiately as a duo for as long as I've known them.

It may not end up happening, but I'll be surprised if they don't try as hard as they can to stay together.
Texas currently has 13 players on scholarship; so, 2 remaining for the upcoming season.

Day-Wilson is playing with team Canada in Turkey, I believe. So, not sure when she'll return and then have time to make official visits before the start of school.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I thought there was a deadline on transferring ?
The July 1 deadline to enter the transfer portal was to ensure immediate eligibility for the upcoming season via the new one-time-transfer rule. Anyone can still enter the transfer portal after that date, but will have to submit a waiver request for immediate eligibility. Grad-transfers have in the past been provided immediate eligibility; might now have to submit a waiver request.

Reaction Score
Amani Bartlett is committing tomorrow at 2. Asked for release after the coaching change at Syracuse.

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 12.41.54 PM.png

Reaction Score
The way Baylor needs post players I’m surprised they didn’t end up on her list as she is a native Texan.
She removed her top 5 list off her social media so I wonder if someone else came into the picture that reached out late that she is interested in

Reaction Score
Didnt' LSU already have 34 players on roster for next year? I assume some have transferred out in recent weeks?

Ok I see it's now 16, with 2 scholarships still available.

Reaction Score
Didnt' LSU already have 34 players on roster for next year? I assume some have transferred out in recent weeks?

Ok I see it's now 16, with 2 scholarships still available.
LSU's 6 freshmen that Nikki signed has been trimmed to 3 supposedly. Lombard and Davis transferred after Kim was hired.

Super Seniors: Newby, Pointer, Ursin, Aifuwa, Cherry
Seniors: Payne and Shematsi
Juniors: None (except for a walk on Emily Ward)
Sophomores: Gusters and Petty
Freshmen: Ware, McNeil, Hall, and now Bartlett.

We should be at 14ish players (13 scholarship) for this coming year unless Graves ends up coming back.

Reaction Score
LSU's 6 freshmen that Nikki signed has been trimmed to 3 supposedly. Lombard and Davis transferred after Kim was hired.

We should be at 14ish players (13 scholarship) for this coming year unless Graves ends up coming back.
what about J Thomas, Dews, and Trasi (who hasnt announced a destination yet)?

Reaction Score
what about J Thomas, Dews, and Trasi (who hasnt announced a destination yet)?
Dews is suppose to be going elsewhere. Thomas was rumored to be medically retiring, she wasn't practicing at all this spring. Neither have been part of any of the team meetings or the team bonding events going on. Not sure what Trasi is doing. Kim legit trimmed down that roster down 5/6 kids since coming on. That was even before the exodus of kids in April with Nikki.

ebab1c35-d044-4205-9d6a-5993b3828a99-jpeg.69171

Reaction Score

It is amazing how fast she is transforming the roster. I wouldn’t be shocked if she didn’t end up with at least one other Texas transfer.

Reaction Score
It is amazing how fast she is transforming the roster. I wouldn’t be shocked if she didn’t end up with at least one other Texas transfer.
We are probably done for this year, not sure the other SYR commits from Canada are looking at us but she did as much as she could in a short amount of time with the players available. She got hired after a good chunk of the portal had already transferred (the quality recruits). They will probably try to sign a few recruits this fall and use the portal pretty hard next spring.

I feel Lattimore is Texas bound, or that is the vibe I get at least.

Reaction Score
I am not sure where the Syracuse decommits will end up. Not a lot of time before semesters start. Hopefully they find a great fit.

Reaction Score
We are probably done for this year, not sure the other SYR commits from Canada are looking at us but she did as much as she could in a short amount of time with the players available. She got hired after a good chunk of the portal had already transferred (the quality recruits). They will probably try to sign a few recruits this fall and use the portal pretty hard next spring.

I feel Lattimore is Texas bound, or that is the vibe I get at least.
I agree regarding the portal. Otherwise she is going to have difficulty balancing out the classes.

Reaction Score
So I guess that means L Lattimore is going to LSU huh.
I am pretty sure Lattimore isnt looking at us, feels like she is either Texas or Baylor bound. No clue about Shayeann Wilson but we would love to have her. We should be good this year at guard having Pointer and Moon but we need guards badly moving forward though. I heard she is in talks with Duke.

Reaction Score
I honestly cannot believe someone has Miss St AND Duke in their final 4.
Duke has taken in like 7 transfers, I guess half of them will be okay with being bench warmers.

Reaction Score
Lawson must be selling the farm… she’s such an unproven coach
Being able to take 4 pro's and qualify for the Olympics, then turn around and have to replace a player, and go win the Olympic Gold is pretty good coaching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom