August recruiting thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

August recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Feels a lot more glowing than anything I have heard, but it is worth noting that she was clearly better later in the season than she was in the fall and winter. If that national team form transfers to club play, it would be quite notable. I know one school on their list that I hope not to see as her final destination.
Thanks, this would confirm my initial impressions from the very little video I saw. Some skills improvement is usually possible but a certain level of athleticism and lateral quickness has to be there to be an impact big at UConn and I'd need to see a lot more of her in action to see if she has it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Not sure if Geno would say it but for me she's the most talented basketball prodigy I've seen since Paige Bueckers.......

Offer her NOW!!! She can do it all. :D

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Offer her NOW!!! She can do it all. :D
75B312D5-9C8C-4BBF-836A-E6162DD747A0.jpeg

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Not sure if Geno would say it but for me she's the most talented basketball prodigy I've seen since Paige Bueckers.......

Wow....just wow! Charlie....who is she? What class? I want to follow her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow....just wow! Charlie....who is she? What class? I want to follow her.
Smith is class of 2027. She's 13, lives in the LA area and plays spring and summer ball for Team Taurasi, the elite 17U team of the California Storm program based in Malibu. Most top college programs have known about her for at least 5 years and she already has dozens of offers from D1 schools including UConn, SC, UCLA, Arizona, etc. This clip is her in 4th grade.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Smith is class of 2027. She's 13, lives in the LA area and plays spring and summer ball for Team Taurasi, the elite 17U team of the California Storm program based in Malibu. Most top college programs have known about her for at least 5 years and she already has dozens of offers from D1 schools including UConn, SC, UCLA, Arizona, etc. This clip is her in 4th grade.

Thanks. For those of us that don’t follow the recruits on the come as much as others, I’m respectfully requesting that whenever you (anyone) post a video, also include the name and class of the player that is being featured.

Don’t assume that we all know who she is. I was very impressed with this player, but as I was watching her, I had no idea who she was. Thank you in advance. Keep these videos coming. It’s the only way some of us will know who is in the talent pipeline.

Since my initial query, I’ve been informed of who she is, and where she goes to school. I will attend one or more of her high school games. It’s in a nearby suburb to me. She’s very much worth the price of admission. I’m looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She’s 6-6. I wonder if there was a write in campaign from some Boneyarders to add UConn to her list of interests
I provide one vote for Clara Silva! Zarathustra

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So, I started this spreadsheet tonight. It’s incomplete but I wanted to get input before spending a ton of time on this. I know there are names missing - help me out.

• I do see the typo on Gandy’s last name. I will fix with the next update.
  • Also, I didn’t realize Morgan Cheli and McKenna Woliczko are high school teammates
  • Need to add Justice Carlton. UConn is in her top 5

2F60DBA9-3651-4367-A177-37738E09C631.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So, I started this spreadsheet tonight. It’s incomplete but I wanted to get input before spending a ton of time on this. I know there are names missing - help me out.

I do see the typo on Gandy’s last name. I will fix with the next update. Also, I didn’t realize Morgan Cheli and McKenna Woliczko are high school teammates

View attachment 90439
Great job!!

Reaction Score
Looking at the listed posted above, I wonder how many offers does usually Uconn or a top program make each year? Did Uconn really only makes 4 offers for 2024?

Reaction Score

• Also, I didn’t realize Morgan Cheli and McKenna Woliczko are high school teammates

View attachment 90439
Strong does have a UConn offer.

Reaction Score

View attachment 90439
Thanks! This is great!

Reaction Score
Thanks. For those of us that don’t follow the recruits on the come as much as others, I’m respectfully requesting that whenever you (anyone) post a video, also include the name and class of the player that is being featured.

Don’t assume that we all know who she is. I was very impressed with this player, but as I was watching her, I had no idea who she was. Thank you in advance. Keep these videos coming. It’s the only way some of us will know who is in the talent pipeline.

Since my initial query, I’ve been informed of who she is, and where she goes to school. I will attend one or more of her high school games. It’s in a nearby suburb to me. She’s very much worth the price of admission. I’m looking forward to it.
And when you do, please report back here.

Reaction Score

View attachment 90439
This is a tremendous effort that many will greatly appreciate. You will need and probably get constant feedback from the Boneyard about players they think are on the radar, or whose status has changed, and much of that may be somewhat subjective or more reading between the lines, but it still has considerable value IMO for most of the people on this site.

Reaction Score
Sienna Betts 2025 UCONN in her top 11
Jazzy Davidson 2025 not sure if there is an offer just something but I have heard there is.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Fantastic info...thank you!

Maybe add Jenica Lewis...Iowa...high school class of 2026
Reportedly UConn is her dream school...have we offered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom