August recruiting thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

August recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure why anyone would want to give Cori another #1 recruiting class to drive to mediocrity-as in never won a conference tournament or regular season championship.
I have been critical of Cori in the past for not recruiting well over the last 3-4 years, but she has demonstrated an ability to get the most out of her players with mediocre talent. I also look at that one class and do not see a superstar. Most of the players from that class in WNBA are supporting players who are not all-stars. Connecticut and Stanford always out recruit Cori in California and except for last year I have to credit Cori for doing more more with less talent than both those coaches. She relates well to her players and gets them to play with maximum effort. Not sure how well she would do with bigs, she is always missing out on bigs every year.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There is no Bourbon produced in Tenn. Although it is made the same it's called sour mash (look at a Jack Daniels bottle). Kentucky is the only state that can produce whiskey called Bourbon.
I respectfully disagree. It is a common misconception that bourbon can only be made in KY, and certainly KY produces more bourbon than any place in the country. There are several rules related to the production of bourbon as follows:

• it must be made from at least 51% corn
  • it must be aged in new, charred oak barrels
  • it must be between 40% -80% ABV

Most importantly, bourbon must be made in the US, anywhere in the US, just like Scotch must be made in Scotland.

Finally, if you would like to taste a really great bourbon made in TN, I strongly recommend “13 yr old Bottled in Bond George Dickel Tennessee Whiskey.” And yes, Tennessee Whiskey is bourbon.

Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree. It is a common misconception that bourbon can only be made in KY, and certainly KY produces more bourbon than any place in the country. There are several rules related to the production of bourbon as follows:

Most importantly, bourbon must be made in the US, anywhere in the US, just like Scotch must be made in Scotland.

Finally, if you would like to taste a really great bourbon made in TN, I strongly recommend “13 yr old Bottled in Bond George Dickel Tennessee Whiskey.” And yes, Tennessee Whiskey is bourbon.
Dickel used to be a go-to about 50 years ago. Smooth stuff at 86… a little fire at 90.

Reaction Score

You are correct if you compare the products but you won't find the word "Bourbon" on the Tenn whiskey bottles. Everyone I know would call JD bourbon but it says Sour Mash on the label.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
KK Bransford confirms no UConn for her.

Rice or bust for '22 it would appear.

Yes I'm not surprised. I've been checking her profile intermittently and figured huskies weren't in the mix. Williams I think is into husky nation (85%) Kiki is 50-50 - family and tradition weighs heavily in her case.
I think Toomey is a high possible, Shade - doubtful. Booker iffy due to small southern town roots may want to stay close to home unless she feels adventurous. It's getting interesting.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You are correct if you compare the products but you won't find the word "Bourbon" on the Tenn whiskey bottles. Everyone I know would call JD bourbon but it says Sour Mash on the label.
I suspect that “Tennessee Whiskey” is more about marketing than any prohibition on the use of the name bourbon. The history of bourbon goes back to France. The term was widely used for various corn alcohol blends throughout the country up until prohibition when bourbon production all but stopped in America.

After prohibition, bourbon production resumed in the US, but was highly concentrated in KY, where 85-95% of the world’s production is located. In 1964, Comgress passed a resolution declaring that bourbon whiskey is a distinctive product of the United States.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I still Rice going the academic route which could be Stanford or Duke. She could also go Ivy as well. Her brother is at Yale.
The folks at Stanford believe that Rice is no longer interested. I don’t believe she’ll go to Yale, but if she did, her parents would have to foot the bill at $55,000 per year. I don’t know about Duke.

Reaction Score
Here was her top 8

Ok what if she and kiki can both go to Yale. I think one other top player has Yale on their list. No disrespect but how does WV make a list of a girl smart enough to have Yale and Northwestern on it?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I suspect that “Tennessee Whiskey” is more about marketing than any prohibition on the use of the name bourbon. The history of bourbon goes back to France. The term was widely used for various corn alcohol blends throughout the country up until prohibition when bourbon production all but stopped in America.

After prohibition, bourbon production resumed in the US, but was highly concentrated in KY, where 85-95% of the world’s production is located. In 1964, Comgress passed a resolution declaring that bourbon whiskey is a distinctive product of the United States.

Find me one Tennessee whiskey labeled as Bourbon and I'll concede. (Or any state other than Kentucky).

Reaction Score
Yes I'm not surprised. I've been checking her profile intermittently and figured huskies weren't in the mix. Williams I think is into husky nation (85%) Kiki is 50-50 - family and tradition weighs heavily in her case.
I think Toomey is a high possible, Shade - doubtful. Booker iffy due to small southern town roots may want to stay close to home unless she feels adventurous. It's getting interesting.
All very close to what I’m thinking, however, since I don’t have any info or feel for Williams, I’d be pleasantly surprised if she’s that interested in UConn.

Reaction Score
Why doubtful on Shade?

Reaction Score
KK Bransford confirms no UConn for her.

Rice or bust for '22 it would appear.

I don't recall hearing that this information actually came from KK. I remember someone posting about how a friend chimed in on Instagram live saying no to uconn so who knows if that was actually serious. I know shes doing her rounds of official visits now, so I guess until we actually hear it from KK then we may still be in the running.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think players get 5 official visits, right? Does Bransford still have 8 schools on her list, including N.D. and UConn? If she doesn't want to pay out of her own pocket, she may cut her list to 5-6 based on visits.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I don't recall hearing that this information actually came from KK. I remember someone posting about how a friend chimed in on Instagram live saying no to uconn so who knows if that was actually serious. I know shes doing her rounds of official visits now, so I guess until we actually hear it from KK then we may still be in the running.

The article indicates it came from her:

Bransford, the No. 14 prospect recently said on Instagram live that she wouldn’t be going to Connecticut or Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22