August 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures | Page 2 | The Boneyard

August 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Plum at off guard just isnt a good option for them this year though, another poor performance by her. I'd like to see Young off the ball like she was at ND and put Colson in the PG role. Colson is electric out there and Young is a great option to have alongside her.

Sigh. I'll always be a big fan of Plum because of her career at UW. Like I said somewhere else, this just isn't her year. Been in a shooting slump for seemingly forever. She's a PG who isn't playing PG most of the time. They don't really run any plays for her, but of course she hasn't been knocking down shots on kick outs or when she tries to make something happen on her own. She's gone from being the 3rd option last year (and fulfilled that role really well) to 4th or 5th option this season. There was an article in the local paper here when she had a homecoming game against the Storm saying she's lost some of her joy for playing basketball. I hope she gets it back, and I hope she goes on to at least a moderately successful career.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Sigh. I'll always be a big fan of Plum because of her career at UW. Like I said somewhere else, this just isn't her year. Been in a shooting slump for seemingly forever. She's a PG who isn't playing PG most of the time. They don't really run any plays for her, but of course she hasn't been knocking down shots on kick outs or when she tries to make something happen on her own. She's gone from being the 3rd option last year (and fulfilled that role really well) to 4th or 5th option this season. There was an article in the local paper here when she had a homecoming game against the Storm saying she's lost some of her joy for playing basketball. I hope she gets it back, and I hope she goes on to at least a moderately successful career.

That's too bad to hear about Plum. I hope she finds her spot and does well too. Not sure Vegas is the best fit. Change of scenery could do wonders for her like it has for Sims and Lexie Brown. I think she's in an awkward role since Young/Colson have been better at PG and McBride is a better wing than her so theyll sets for her over Plum. In the games I've seen shes just kind of there offensively and misses most of her looks (which to her credit, arent forced). If she finds a system that utilizes her as the team's sniper, or one where she is more of a point guard I think she could do very well.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It's only been a couple games since the All Star break, but Seattle is slumping a bit and LA seems to be finding their groove. Connecticut keeps winning. It's only halftime but Phoenix is putting a whuppin' on Washington. Griner's injury last game must not have been serious. She's playing and has put up 23 points already (on 10-12 shooting).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Washington and Las Vegas completed their game that was suspended at halftime due to an earthquake several weeks ago. Mystics were up 15 previously, stretched it out in Q4 for an easy win. The box score is confusing since the stats at halftime from the previous game count. Sounds like neither Cambage or Wilson played today, though they are in the box score. I can't find a play by play to see what transpired in the 2nd half, but it looks like Plum actually hit some shots. 6-13 from the floor 3-5 behind the arc for 17 points, her best game in forever. I doubt she'd done most of that in the first half. Cambage/Wilson had 21 of their 36 points in the first half. I can only hope this signals an end to her unbelievably long shooting slump.

Reaction Score
Washington and Las Vegas completed their game that was suspended at halftime due to an earthquake several weeks ago....
I can't find a play by play to see what transpired in the 2nd half, but it looks like Plum actually hit some shots. 6-13 from the floor 3-5 behind the arc for 17 points, her best game in forever. I doubt she'd done most of that in the first half. Cambage/Wilson had 21 of their 36 points in the first half. I can only hope this signals an end to her unbelievably long shooting slump.
I watched it. Plum's numbers were indeed from the 2nd half - had a really good shooting night. Cambage "resting" again for 2nd straight game - did not appear to be in attendance.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Interesting trade. It sure I understand it though

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Interesting trade. It sure I understand it though

Makes sense I think. Plaisance is the better player. Anigwe may have more potential.

Sun are title contenders and would rather have an immediate contributor. Dallas is rebuilding and can afford to give Anigwe plenty of minutes since they will be losing anyway. Dallas also gets cap space since Plaisance was on a near-max deal.

I'm sure Arike is thrilled about this. She and Anigwe are longtime friends.

Last edited:

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Kristine's gonna be a really good one and I hate to see her go. The reality for the Sun, however, is that they will have 7 players going into free agency next year. Everyone deserves to get paid but the salary cap makes that impossible. The roster will have to turnover to some degree. This is the reality of the W and of pro sports in general... it can be a cold business.

The Sun appears to be in their best position to contend for a championship in the last 7 years. This is an "All-in" move to try to get over the top with the core group that has been together for several years now before things change. For her part, Theresa is now in the best position SHE has every been in to win a championship. No matter what she thinks about summering in Uncasville, that should stoke her considerable competitive fire.

Fingers crossed and... GO SUN!!

Reaction Score
If Anigwe gets plenty of minutes it will be interesting. This should prove illustrative of the connection between Arike and Kristine. Brown and McCowen have demonstrated potential in their rookie seasons....now Anigwe may have the same chance. As others have commented on Plum's struggles as a pro, I've wondered if this might be true for Anigwe.

I wonder how this impacts Gustafson.

The Wings next game against the Storm may allow us to see Anigwe v Russell.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I wonder what Plaisance's contract status is -- when does she become a free agent?

I agree that this is a short-term move. Plaisance may be better right now, but pretty clearly Anigwe is more athletic and has more potential.

Plaisance appears to me to have a game similar to Stef Dolson's: somewhat slow and lumbering, but a capable jump shooter, an intelligent player, and a big presence in the lane and on the boards. I wonder if the Sun could have gotten Stef from the Sky for Anigwe, and if they tried.

Does anyone have Plaisance's 2019 stats? Those would be of interest.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Plaisance appears to me to have a game similar to Stef Dolson's: somewhat slow and lumbering, but a capable jump shooter, an intelligent player, and a big presence in the lane and on the boards. I wonder if the Sun could have gotten Stef from the Sky for Anigwe, and if they tried.

Dolson is significantly better than Plaisance. Dolson is shooting 54.7% on the year and and 50.9% for her career. Plaisance shoots 37.4% and 36.6% for her career. Even when you factor in that a greater proportion of Plaisance's field goal attempts are 3s, Dolson still has a healthy lead in both eFG% and TS%.

There is no way the Sky would even entertain Anigwe for Dolson. They are trying to make the playoffs and trading their starting center is not to going to help them do that.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
No surprise, but this pretty much confirms that MoJeff is not playing this year. No reason given, though.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
No surprise, but this pretty much confirms that MoJeff is not playing this year. No reason given, though.

View attachment 45392
I can't imagine that seeing the Wings' style of play devolve into the Arike Chuck-a-Luck Show has done much to motivate Moriah to join her new team anytime soon.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So what happens when Diggins comes back? She's not shy about taking shots either. Will Arike and Skylar be able to share the rock?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My Liberty are swirling the drain. Put up a fight against the Sky in Chicago for 3 Q with some players having strong games (Charles, Allen, Johannes) but Quiqley in particular killed us in Q4.I was planning to go to the Storm game at Barclays (only venue I can go) but I have lost my motivation so am not sure I will go. :(:(:(

And Nurse had a really poor game. She just could not get any good spacing and was forcing shots inside unlike any game I had seen this year.

Reaction Score
I just got told I am a Katie Lou "stan" on twitter.

I think that means I have officially crossed over and am now One Of You.
Welcome to the bright side

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
anything to Keep Katie Lou's name out there. Just being buried on the Sky bench. :mad:

Reaction Score
I just got told I am a Katie Lou "stan" on twitter.

I think that means I have officially crossed over and am now One Of You.
Congratulations! You began that journey a long time ago and, although it is not yet complete, the final result is inevitable.

I had a friend at work (in Phoenix). He had a Yankee cap on one day so I asked him if he was a Yankee fan (I am). He said no, he was a loyal Diamondbacks fan - he just liked the Yankees' logo. Right... Sometimes you're the last to know, I guess.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
anything to Keep Katie Lou's name out there. Just being buried on the Sky bench. :mad:

My point with this guy was that if the Sky bench is going to stink like they did last night, they might as well play Lou because she can't be much worse.

I don't know how Astou Ndour was the MVP of Eurobasket. She looks useless out there. I'd rather see the rookie look useless than a journeyman vet.

I've defended Wade on this and it would be one thing if he was playing a tight 8-player rotation. But if he's going to go ten-deep, I'd like to see Lou be one of those ten and get 5 minutes a game or so.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
My point with this guy was that if the Sky bench is going to stink like they did last night, they might as well play Lou because she can't be much worse.

I don't know how Astou Ndour was the MVP of Eurobasket. She looks useless out there. I'd rather see the rookie look useless than a journeyman vet.

I've defended Wade on this and it would be one thing if he was playing a tight 8-player rotation. But if he's going to go ten-deep, I'd like to see Lou be one of those ten and get 5 minutes a game or so.
There is a person going on a twitter storM against the Sky's coach. No OTHER person was involved but now a club coach has also Jumped in. It has been going ON for at lEaSt 2-3 weeks but not 38 weeks It is a Bold move, IMO.:eek:.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom