August 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures | Page 13 | The Boneyard

August 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Phoenix about to beat NY with basically 2 players--Griner and Mitchell. Combined 54 points on 23-33 shooting.

edit--D has racked up 9 assists but 0 FGs

Owner Tsai in the building. Not the best showing in second half.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Phoenix 95-82 final. Griner and Mitchell both finished w/ 29.

Wow, where did Leilani Mitchell come from? Previous season high average was 9.3 ppg, way back in 2010. Averaging 13.2 ppg this year, assuming that will go up a bit after today.

edit--Phoenix would've clenched a playoff berth w/ a win and an Indiana loss. Will have to way at least 1 more game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sky lead 70-568 :oops: after 3. DD very tough. Gabby and Lou with several positive plays. Pheesa seems less active defensively and on the boards than usual. :confused:

Fun watching Lou and Pheesa bludgeon each other, ;)

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What a contrast. Minnesota has 0 points off the bench but really good balanced scoring from the starters. Chicago has 29 bench points (mostly Parker w/ 22) but looks like they're going to come up short. Down 7 w/ less than 2 minutes to play.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
93-85 Minnesota final. Outscored Chicago 25-15 in Q4.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Seattle and Connecticut in the nightcap underway. Storm shooting well to start after their horrid showing against Indiana last game. Loyd is feeling it, 7 points on 3-3 shooting. 12-6 Storm lead at first media timeout.

edit--oops, I've seen this story before. Seattle suddenly cold, 8-0 run by Connecticut.

Last edited:

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I thought LA played decent in the first half, they just ran into a buzzsaw. Not so much 2nd half, they're stinking up the floor. Absolute laugher, 83-47 in Q4.

Washington is clearly the best team in the league right now but let's recognize that 3 time zone travel makes a HUGE difference. LA is better than this.

The Sun will experience this coming back east for the Liberty. 3 games in 6 days with 6 time zone crossings and a three hour commercial flight from LA to Seattle in the middle. Forget records, it's going to take a huge effort to beat the Liberty. Trap game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought home court advantage was nice but the WNBA has taken it to extremes this season. Every single team has a losing road record except the Mystics.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
That coach in Minnesota seems to know what she's doing.
Curt Miller in Connecticut has the Sun playing very well with a "no-name" roster, basically. Under most other coaches that roster would be a .500 team.

Having said that, I don't agree with many of his draft choices, e.g., Rachel Banham, Brionna Jones. Not taking Kia Nurse last year has turned out to be a big mistake, although at the time I thought he made the right decision.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Might be a good addition for the playoffs... definitely gives them a guard that can can create her own shot something that Vegas has definitely LACKED this season.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
All ten of Taurasi's assists yesterday vs. New York.

I counted 5 to Griner, 4 to L. Mitchell, and 1 to Turner. The no-look to Griner and the fast-break TD pass to Turner were the highlights IMO.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Might be a good addition for the playoffs... definitely gives them a guard that can can create her own shot something that Vegas has definitely LACKED this season.

Did they cut anybody? Seems to add to an already crowded backcourt where the minutes can be hard to come by and the rotation has never really gotten consistent all season.

Anyway I think McBride can create her own shot, but she hasn't been quite the same player this year as last.

edit--not to mention they've been struggling since Wilson returned from injury, adding another new element to the team with only a few regular season games left might be counterproductive; I'm not real impressed with Laimbeer's handling of the team this year.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Did they cut anybody? Seems to add to an already crowded backcourt where the minutes can be hard to come by and the rotation has never really gotten consistent all season.

Anyway I think McBride can create her own shot, but she hasn't been quite the same player this year as last.

edit--not to mention they've been struggling since Wilson returned from injury, adding another new element to the team with only a few regular season games left might be counterproductive; I'm not real impressed with Laimbeer's handling of the team this year.

No!! "The Las Vegas Aces have signed former All-Star guard Epiphanny Prince for the remainder of the season. The nine-year WNBA veteran last played for New York in 2018, averaging 8.4 points and 1.7 assists. For her career, she has averaged 13.3 points and 2.9 assists.

The Aces had a spot open on their roster and were looking for a veteran guard with postseason experience. Prince has played in 19 playoff games over five seasons and averaged 11.3 points and 2.3 assists in them. Prince, the former Rutgers standout who was originally drafted No. 4 in 2010 by the Chicago Sky, also has played previously for Aces coach Bill Laimbeer when they were both in New York with the Liberty.

"Piph was by far the best available player out there," Aces general manager Dan Padover said. "She can spread the floor, she takes care of the basketball and is an active defender who will hopefully bolster our depth out on the perimeter."

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Prince hasn't played all season. She's gonna be rusty. The Aces have 3 regular season games left over a period of just over a week, how are they going to get her up to speed and work her into the rotation? And no other team in the league at any point decided Prince was the missing piece that would put them over the top, she's been available. This moves smells of desperation to me.

Reaction Score
Prince hasn't played all season. She's gonna be rusty. The Aces have 3 regular season games left over a period of just over a week, how are they going to get her up to speed and work her into the rotation? And no other team in the league at any point decided Prince was the missing piece that would put them over the top, she's been available. This moves smells of desperation to me.

She’s a solid addition regardless and she can creat her own shot much better than plum could. I definitely don’t see her starting but I see her as a spark off the bench. You could also make the argument of DT not playing the whole year and now coming back to a team that has chemistry without her. It may be desperate but I don’t think it’s wrong. If you’ve watched the Aces this year their guards play has been SUPER inconsistent... they needed all the help they could get.l especially from a veteran presence like Prince.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom