Auburn at Tennessee | The Boneyard

Auburn at Tennessee

Reaction Score
Game is tied with 3:33 to go.
Tennessee with 27 turnivers so far. Westbrook closing in on a double-double.

Reaction Score
Looks like Tennessee is going to pull the game out despite taking about 30 less field goal attempts !!!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The most important goal against Auburn is not to turn the ball over as the Tigers are one of the worst shooting teams around. Tennessee turned the ball over 28 times which is the only reason the game was as close as it was. Tennessee made some big shots down the stretch but man they are loose with the ball.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Auburn shot 31% and yet had the game tied with 2 minutes to play.

Auburn was +10 in turnovers and +9 in offensive rebounds.
Unbelievable.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Auburn is a team that uses a lot of press and traps. That's how they get most of their points.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I will get a better feel for Tennessee when I see them play South Carolina and Mississippi State. If they can get by them with a strong showing I may become a believer.

Reaction Score
I like Westbrook, but if she’s going to turn the ball over at such a high rate, Tennessee will have a hard time making the final four this year.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Auburn is a team that uses a lot of press and traps. That's how they get most of their points.

Auburn is an unranked team that Tennessee should have beat easily, but like last year, couldn't handle the press. Tennessee is a team with NO discipline whatsoever and that is an issue holly has failed to address time and time again.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Hayes came though in crunch time.

I like your positivity, but she needs to develop an outside shot or else teams will back off and dare her to drive into a double or triple team..its not high school anymore

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I like Westbrook, but if she’s going to turn the ball over at such a high rate, Tennessee will have a hard time making the final four this year.

It's one bad game...I think she'll improve in that area as the season goes on. That said, even if she does improve, it's still going to be a hard road to the Final Four for Tennessee. Lots of good teams this year and Tennessee is about to face a brutal stretch that will tell us more about the team. The players and coaching staff should be very proud that they're off to their best start since 2005-06 at 14-0. Much better results than a lot of us UT fans expected entering the season.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's one bad game...I think she'll improve in that area as the season goes on. That said, even if she does improve, it's still going to be a hard road to the Final Four for Tennessee. Lots of good teams this year and Tennessee is about to face a brutal stretch that will tell us more about the team. The players and coaching staff should be very proud that they're off to their best start since 2005-06 at 14-0. Much better results than a lot of us UT fans expected entering the season.
It's amazing what drastically lowered expectations can do for fan morale ;)

I must admit I admire the thick skin of our Tennessee guests on this board, who must constantly put up with our less than charitable takes.

Reaction Score

I must admit I admire the thick skin of our Tennessee guests on this board, who must constantly put up with our less than charitable takes.
It's their choice to be here. Sort of like "walking on hot coals" therapy?

bballnut90

Reaction Score

Haha quite used to it by now. Expectations definitely are lowered from what they were--it's a different program now. 9 years without a Final Four and back to back double digit loss seasons will do that to you.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Both Westbrook and Hayes have 56 turnovers but Hayes has played 52 fewer minutes so Hayes actually turns over the ball at a higher rate.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
how far do you think they'll go in the Tourney?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
A post game quote from Auburn coach.
On the competitiveness in the SEC:
"We have a stretch right now where we play Texas A&M and South Carolina. For anyone who doubts that this is the best conference in the country, I want to tell them to come join us and play in it and tell me what they think about it."

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Auburn is an unranked team that Tennessee should have beat easily, but like last year, couldn't handle the press. Tennessee is a team with NO discipline whatsoever and that is an issue holly has failed to address time and time again.
Auburn had only been given up 51 points.Tennessee put up 70 on them.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Both Westbrook and Hayes have 56 turnovers but Hayes has played 52 fewer minutes so Hayes actually turns over the ball at a higher rate.

She does. What scares me with Hayes is she has that wild side in her play like Meighan Simmons did. Simmons had moments of playing incredible basketball, but she was turnover prone and never learned the difference between a good shot and a bad one. She could lose games all by herself and did on several occasions. I'm optimistic with Hayes because she doesn't take a lot of bad shots like Simmons did, but she she is prone to making bad passes and turning the ball over.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
A post game quote from Auburn coach.
On the competitiveness in the SEC:
"We have a stretch right now where we play Texas A&M and South Carolina. For anyone who doubts that this is the best conference in the country, I want to tell them to come join us and play in it and tell me what they think about it."

This comment by Auburn's coach makes zero sense. Auburn also lost to Virginia Tech, Chattanooga and Northwestern. It's not like it takes teams from the best conference in the country to beat Auburn. I sure hope she's not saying Auburn plays any role in making the SEC the best conference in the country.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom