Auburn at Tennessee | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Auburn at Tennessee

Reaction Score
A post game quote from Auburn coach.
On the competitiveness in the SEC:
"We have a stretch right now where we play Texas A&M and South Carolina. For anyone who doubts that this is the best conference in the country, I want to tell them to come join us and play in it and tell me what they think about it."
That's because y'all have that esssss eeeeeee seeeee speed.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
This comment by Auburn's coach makes zero sense. Auburn also lost to Virginia Tech, Chattanooga and Northwestern. It's not like it takes teams from the best conference in the country to beat Auburn. I sure hope she's not saying Auburn plays any role in making the SEC the best conference in the country.
I think her comment was how tough it is to go though a SEC schedule.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
This comment by Auburn's coach makes zero sense. Auburn also lost to Virginia Tech, Chattanooga and Northwestern. It's not like it takes teams from the best conference in the country to beat Auburn. I sure hope she's not saying Auburn plays any role in making the SEC the best conference in the country.
I like Flo and I almost commented on this but I decided to write it off as usual coach speak.

Usually they say things that aren't quite as specific, such as "I love our conference, our conference is as competitive as any in the country blah blah blah." This was obviously over-the-top.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I like Flo and I almost commented on this but I decided to write it off as usual coach speak.

Usually they say things that aren't quite as specific, such as "I love our conference, our conference is as competitive as any in the country blah blah blah." This was obviously over-the-top.

Flo's team has defeated exactly one team with a Massey rating lower than 100. Flo's team scored 41 points in a loss to Chattanooga and 48 points in a loss to Northwestern. I suspect Flo's team would find a few conferences rather challenging.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
How would you like to switch schedules withUconn?
Tennessee does play a few of the same teams. Of course the conference schedule no doubt SEC is tougher.

Reaction Score
If UConn played in the SEC we would definitely have to lower our expectations. Winning every game by only 30 points would send many of the posters here over the edge. As it is when the Huskies beat a top 10 team by less than 25 we're left wondering what's wrong with the team.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If UConn played in the SEC we would definitely have to lower our expectations. Winning every game by only 30 points would send many of the posters here over the edge. As it is when the Huskies beat a top 10 team by less than 25 we're left wondering what's wrong with the team.
Also as we know familiarity breeds contempt. Many of us here are big fans of Vic and Dawn, Blair and Stephanie. How many believe that love would continue if we played them twice a year while competing for NCAA spots?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom