Aubrey, part deux | The Boneyard

Aubrey, part deux

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The kid brought a shot of energy off the bench that was huge today. Yes, there are some raw parts to her game but she energized the team in the second half. She has tremendous upside - I like Aubrey more every time I see her.

Reaction Score
The kid brought a shot of energy off the bench that was huge today. Yes, there are some raw parts to her game but she energized the team in the second half. She has tremendous upside - I like Aubrey more every time I see her.
Six cents says---Aubrey starts the Virginia game. Evelyn and Kyla took advantage of the minutes given.
Aubrey did exactly what Geno want from a SUB--make a difference when you get in. SHE DID.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Love Aubrey but she will not start. Geno continues to want to get Anna's offense going, and in game flow, she knows the offense and spreads the floor better than Aubrey. Love seeing her come off the bench with the uber energy she brings. Keep it going Aubrey!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Of all the players, he gushed most about Aubrey. 'She brings something to this team that no one else does' . Mainly instinct, she will get so much better. Such tenacity. Maybe I am silly but she reminds me of Diamond Deshields in how she moves (without the offensive moves of course)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Of all the players, he gushed most about Aubrey. 'She brings something to this team that no one else does' . Mainly instinct, she will get so much better. Such tenacity. Maybe I am silly but she reminds me of Diamond Deshields in how she moves (without the offensive moves of course)
Yeah, some of us have seen some of Diamond's athleticism in Aubrey. They also have similar builds.

Reaction Score
I remember when Aubrey was signed and there were a lot of moans....particularly when she was the only signee for quite a while. She was pretty much ignored during the summer doldrum discussions of who was likely to contribute this Fall. Seems to be somewhat of a tendency to dismiss anyone who doesn't fall in a "top ten list" somewhere (or is less than 7' tall :)) , or in this case to also saddle them with baggage from predecessors from the same program. Glad to see folks appreciating her potential and performance so far.

Reaction Score
Those are my two favorites today (copy from Yahoo Sport).

1574039264324.png

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I remember when Aubrey was signed and there were a lot of moans....particularly when she was the only signee for quite a while. She was pretty much ignored during the summer doldrum discussions of who was likely to contribute this Fall. Seems to be somewhat of a tendency to dismiss anyone who doesn't fall in a "top ten list" somewhere (or is less than 7' tall :)) , or in this case to also saddle them with baggage from predecessors from the same program. Glad to see folks appreciating her potential and performance so far.
That is not at all what I recall. Almost all the board posts talked about how the services under rated her. We also talked about how she made the initial USA cuts over more “acclaimed” names. Most always talked about how unbelievably athletic she was. The good news is you can type Audrey’s name in the search bar on the upper right and see all the comments. :)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
That is not at all what I recall. Almost all the board posts talked about how the services under rated her. We also talked about how she made the initial USA cuts over more “acclaimed” names. Most always talked about how unbelievably athletic she was. The good news is you can type Audrey’s name in the search bar on the upper right and see all the comments. :)
There was a little of all that but it was definitely drowned out initially by all the panic attacks over not getting Boston or Jones. Once some people took their Xanax they realized that Geno got a pretty darn good player in Aubrey.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Six cents says---Aubrey starts the Virginia game. Evelyn and Kyla took advantage of the minutes given.
Aubrey did exactly what Geno want from a SUB--make a difference when you get in. SHE DID.
Six sense or sixth sense? I still don't think she starts though.

Reaction Score
Love Aubrey but she will not start. Geno continues to want to get Anna's offense going, and in game flow, she knows the offense and spreads the floor better than Aubrey. Love seeing her come off the bench with the uber energy she brings. Keep it going Aubrey!!
I agree Eric with AG coming off the bench. She is perfect in the role of 6th man. Anna is more polished and her offense will come together. Playing in the pro league has giving her the confidence to play here and if she was shooting better it wouldn't be an issue about her starting.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
AG is an almost perfect 6th person. She makes animpact and the pace changes. Anna is a very good piece in creating the offensive rhythm GA likes.
If her shot starts to fall the O will flow even better. I’d be surprised but not shocked to see him change their roles. They’ve won three straight and he really is known for riding a hot horse.

The question I have is aside from trying to build her confidence, why not rest ONO a little bit and play Evelyn? I know it was late in a blow out, but her one move and basket was pretty smooth. She knew what she was doing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom