Aubrey, part deux | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aubrey, part deux

Reaction Score
We lucked out with both Aubrey and Anna. Anna dishes like a point guard, Aubrey comes in like a Tasmanian devil when team seems to be stalling. Because of her European experience, Anna knows how to play with older, more experienced teammates. Aubrey is a burst of pure energy. That is exactly how Geno is using them. 35 years and 11 NCs tells us Geno knows what he’s doing. That’s not to say he won’t want Anna to start scoring but let’s not forget those team leading assists two games in a row directly translate to around 27-30 points (some led to three pointers) I especially liked her charging to the basket, drawing defenders, then firing as a result to a wide open teammate for a three. That first quarter with Anna on the floor was a beautiful offensive show even though Anna didn’t personally score. Aubrey doesn’t dish much but she never gives up on a play, as witnessed by her offensive rebounding. We’re blessed. As an aside, Kyla’s three point shooting is blooming. She needs more strategically placed minutes.

Reaction Score
slashing to the basket, jumping thru the ceiling, keeps going back up for the rebound until she scores,always around the ball; is it Kalana Greene? no, it's Aubrey Griffin!

Reaction Score
Six sense or sixth sense? I still don't think she starts though.
I don't dare disagree with someone who knows more, is more intelligent, than I. You are more than likely right. However, based on her performance against Temple, late in the game, I think she has a good shot of replacing Ania at leas until Ania's shot returns. That's a "Possibility", not guaranteed.
Ania, she is moving all the the time, possible too much, but moving she is. She is great at assists.
Both will come along. However, I'd like your assessment of those 2. (no negatives here).
FYI: It truly is SICK sense.

Reaction Score
And that unique ability might keep her from starting.
You are sooo right. A 6th player who gives the team a shot in the arm at the right time is more desirable than a STARTER. Thanks, I didn't think of that. GREAT.

Reaction Score
AG is an almost perfect 6th person. She makes animpact and the pace changes. Anna is a very good piece in creating the offensive rhythm GA likes.
If her shot starts to fall the O will flow even better. I’d be surprised but not shocked to see him change their roles. They’ve won three straight and he really is known for riding a hot horse.

The question I have is aside from trying to build her confidence, why not rest ONO a little bit and play Evelyn? I know it was late in a blow out, but her one move and basket was pretty smooth. She knew what she was doing.
I was with you all the way until Evelyn. One basket does not a player make. I hope, hope you are correct and she is capable of replacing ONO even late in games that would be a perk for the team.

Reaction Score
John Havilcek was the best 6th man in the history of basketball ended up in the Hall of Fame.
Which Women's team did he play for??? (kidding) On TV I rarely missed any of that team. I'm not normally a Pro BB fan but they played BASKETBALL WITH A CAPITAL B. Uconn Men then while not Pro was as much fun as a fan could ask for. Dee Rowe and the guys before him, not Geno, but Great Coaches.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I was with you all the way until Evelyn. One basket does not a player make. I hope, hope you are correct and she is capable of replacing ONO even late in games that would be a perk for the team.
I did say rest her a little bit. A few minutes here or there, especially when the game is pretty well in hand. Im not saying play Evelyn even 25% but a few minutes here or there. GA has his ways, so its hard to argue. He hardly played Paige Sauer her last year even though she had played plenty of minutes in her career. Ditto Hansmeyer who had shown some scoring ability as a Jr. If Evelyn transferred to be a practice player I'd be surprised or if GA took her with only that in mind. It might be as simple as Evelyn not being able to play full court or DA wanting ONO to build stamina and confidence, or both.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I predict that after a game in the not too far future; I will use the 'gabulous' adjective to describe her play.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The question I have is aside from trying to build her confidence, why not rest ONO a little bit and play Evelyn? I know it was late in a blow out, but her one move and basket was pretty smooth. She knew what she was doing.
My sense is that Geno is trying to build the starters’ chemistry and get them clicking. I think he’ll substitute more freely as time goes on

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
My sense is that Geno is trying to build the starters’ chemistry and get them clicking. I think he’ll substitute more freely as time goes on
Maybe. But it’s not his history. Yesterday’s game was a bit unusual, so it’s hard to say. They really didn’t break it open until mid 4th period.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom