Aubrey Griffin to UCONN!!!!! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin to UCONN!!!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Is there any expectation--I'll settle for a good guess--as to when Jones, Boston and Horston are apt to make their college choices known and, given their high rankings, are those announcements likely to feature more drama and fanfare than Griffin's austere tweet?
Griffin almost pulled a "Stewie" by being so low-key in her announcement, although Stewie was #1 in her class. I suspect that the top 3 players in Hoopgurlz class of 2019 may all hold some type of signing ceremony at their HS gyms after Nov 14, with the cameras rolling. Hopefully, they will all require a Husky dog for the ceremonies.

One additional thought, hopefully Griffin and Horston bonded when they both visited UConn this past weekend. Perhaps they'd like to play together.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Is there any expectation--I'll settle for a good guess--as to when Jones, Boston and Horston are apt to make their college choices known and, given their high rankings, are those announcements likely to feature more drama and fanfare than Griffin's austere tweet?

Hey there Golden:
I'm cut and pasting Aliyah Boston's OV schedule from an ESPNw article:
"She (Boston) has already visited Notre Dame and Ohio State and will tour South Carolina's campus Oct. 25-28. Connecticut will get the last word and will try to close the deal Nov. 1-4."

and on Haley Jones, from the Santa Cruz Sentinel:
"Jones hasn’t yet committed to a four-year school, though she announced on Twitter that she has narrowed her list of college choices to five universities: Notre Dame, UConn, South Carolina, Stanford, and Oregon. She’ll take her first visit to Notre Dame this weekend* and will make her final visit in the second week of November."

So, both Boston and Jones, if they go through with these plans, won't be making announcements until November. Stay tuned.

* as in Sept. 28-30 (Dillon)

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, it is my understanding that in Allegeny County yinz, y'uns, y'ins, yunz, yuns, yenz, yins, ynz and the more formal you'ins are all acceptable forms of of the particular pronoun in question...:cool:
The variations were dependent largely upon which part of the Pittsburgh area you were from. Neighborhoods were quite unique years ago when I was learning to differentiate my y'uns from their yinz, but we all ate chipped ham and were told to redd up our rooms regularly. Certain vowel sounds can give away your upbringing too. Downtown is not so much down like a duck ,but rather dahntown; Iron City beer, of which I drank too much ,is more like arn city. The pool where we went swimming was really the pull. My best friend Don was really dawn. And my mother, and all my friend's mothers, did the "worsh" on Mondays. And the ethnic food was marvelous! They still chuckle at me here in central Alabama! :D

Reaction Score
For those who don't venture into the large 19-20 recruiting thread, here is a long video package from Ossining's win in the sectional title game. Griffin is #44 in White.

44 in white looks good to me...but I also like 20 and 21 in blue. Are they twins? Have they made commitments yet? :D :rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Actually Aubrey being one the final cuts on the U17 team says far more than a #33 ranking of a young lady coming off an ACL injury. I'd take a healthy Griffin over Bell or Jackson any day.
She made the final 16 of a group that included multiple star underclassmen (Bueckers, Fudd, Van Lith, Brink, maybe more). That suggests that Aubrey could be about #10-15.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Hey there Golden:
I'm cut and pasting Aliyah Boston's OV schedule from an ESPNw article:
"She (Boston) has already visited Notre Dame and Ohio State and will tour South Carolina's campus Oct. 25-28. Connecticut will get the last word and will try to close the deal Nov. 1-4."

and on Haley Jones, from the Santa Cruz Sentinel:
"Jones hasn’t yet committed to a four-year school, though she announced on Twitter that she has narrowed her list of college choices to five universities: Notre Dame, UConn, South Carolina, Stanford, and Oregon. She’ll take her first visit to Notre Dame this weekend* and will make her final visit in the second week of November."

So, both Boston and Jones, if they go through with these plans, won't be making announcements until November. Stay tuned.

* as in Sept. 28-30 (Dillon)
Thanks to Titletown, Oldude and you, Dillon, for your responses.

I recall watching a video of a UConn recruit (CW or Ono) bringing a Husky to her signing ceremony last year but do any of you three--or anyone else--have a nomination for the most innovative way a college choice has been announced? I think skydiving, with the school choice revealed when the emblazoned parachute opened, would be difficult to top. :cool:

Reaction Score
44 in white looks good to me...but I also like 20 and 21 in blue. Are they twins? Have they made commitments yet? :D:rolleyes:

No, they are not twins. #20 Madison Siegrist received a scholarship to Villanova and #21 Dani Valdez is playing her college ball at Amherst, I believe.

Reaction Score
Many people are worried that if we take talented players now they won't come later. ND has like 8 or 9 high school all Americans on it's roster and have 2 top commits for next year. Be a great team, get all the talent you can and worry about the future later. Remember, players who want to play for Geno because they want to be coached by them will come here almost no matter the numbers.

Reaction Score
Many people are worried that if we take talented players now they won't come later. ND has like 8 or 9 high school all Americans on it's roster and have 2 top commits for next year. Be a great team, get all the talent you can and worry about the future later. Remember, players who want to play for Geno because they want to be coached by them will come here almost no matter the numbers.
Amen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom