Aubrey Griffin, part trois | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin, part trois

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I love Aubrey’s upside but she is still a freshman, learning the game and how to play with her new teammates. She’ll have great games and bad games this year and she may hit the freshman wall in January but her potential is sky-high. Let Aubrey get a year or two under her belt before piling on the expectations

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I love Aubrey’s upside but she is still a freshman, learning the game and how to play with her new teammates. She’ll have great games and bad games this year and she may hit the freshman wall in January but her potential is sky-high. Let Aubrey get a year or two under her belt before piling on the expectations

I think that's the key. She has the physical capabilities to reach a very high level. Gotta give her time to get there.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
A double double including 6 offensive rebounds! The kid has earned a start in the next game.
What she has not earned is for people to get down on her when she does not play well. CD, Walker, and CW all had very good games as freshmen and some thought they would continue to play that way consistently. When they did not, the complaints started. As some has said she will be really good consistently in time.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
My favorite moment, among many, for Griffin was her taking, nd making, a third three pointer after missing her first two. She will be a beast, eventually... and I'm going to pat myself on the back for being the first to post about her interest in UConn way back before she committed. :)
I ,too, am proud of your prescience. but take care not to hurt yourself during your dorsal dabbing! ;)

Reaction Score
This kid is going to absolutely terrorize UConn opponents in a year or two. Her aggressiveness is innate and very Diana-like in intensity. Just wait until she gets up to speed on the offensive schemes and gets her considerable physical gifts under control. Holy cow.

Nan Tell you hubby ---he can pick em---Aubrey all the way!!!

Reaction Score
Since dinner is in the oven as I write this, I am having trouble digesting your image (as bolded above -- I prefer not to quote it more directly ...).
Unless you rode those high stools in elementary or high school you may not know what they are!!
High Schule as Ike told Monty when asked where he learned to pronounce skool. MONTY was just discussing Sched ule not sked=ule.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
LOL Watching the rest play tonight that's not a very high bar. :)

The rest of the perimeter defense outside of Griffin is terrible, and it's a big reason ONO has foul issues as she has to constantly come over to try and alter or block players' shots that get through. I don't know if there's an anecdote to that this season, but PB, Westbrook, and Mclean have to provide that next year. Griffin looks like a potential DPOY contender in the future though.

Reaction Score
Aubrey!!!!

Man, she is long - a lot of times I thought she was ONO out there. If she’s really starting to get it, look out!

I felt exactly the same way. I confused Aubrey for Ono several times. She plays crazy long.

The men have Bouknight. The women Griffith. Both give me chills with their athleticism. They are not merely really good. They are uniquely special athletes who could very well have their own banners at Gampel. Exciting times in Storrs...

Geno has been saying this about Aubrey all along. He was spot on.

Reaction Score
Okay, let’s give credit where credit is due. Jingo has been telling us all along that this kid Griffin from Ossining could really play and she certainly proved it tonight.
Yes .. Jingo here .. thanks .. well, she proved her mettle tonight .. I thought she would 'break out' sooner but I badly misjudged .. Anna has had a slow start too .. as such, i m looking forward to the continuing progress of this Husky squad ... verrry exxxciting! ... mebbe we'll have a contenduh by March?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The rest of the perimeter defense outside of Griffin is terrible, and it's a big reason ONO has foul issues as she has to constantly come over to try and alter or block players' shots that get through. I don't know if there's an anecdote antidote ?? to that this season, but PB, Westbrook, and Mclean have to provide that next year. Griffin looks like a potential DPOY contender in the future though.

Reaction Score
This kid is going to absolutely terrorize UConn opponents in a year or two. Her aggressiveness is innate and very Diana-like in intensity. Just wait until she gets up to speed on the offensive schemes and gets her considerable physical gifts under control. Holy cow.

Amazed at her quickness as a frosh. Due to complexity of UConn system, we normally don't see this until at least Soph or Junior year. Predict this is just a start. With more experience will be greater confidence and less thinking/even better control and reaction time.

Reaction Score
I spent the first minutes of the game watching the opponent blow by CW on defense, over and over. I pondered whether she was feeling ok.

Then game turned fun when Aubrey came in. Anna too. Both came to play... defense. It matters. ;)

Then came Aubrey's rebounds and her finishing, especially at the free throw line. Of course getting fouled has value on it's own, but it's much more rewarding for me as a fan when a player decides to take back those points from the bully. Kick 'em while they're down, perfectly within the rules.

Great game, and great player in the making. She cares about her whole game.

Reaction Score
So tell me why she isn't the fifth starter against Notre Dame and for the remainder of the season?

Hasn't she earned it now?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom