Aubrey Griffin, part trois | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin, part trois

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This kid is going to absolutely terrorize UConn opponents in a year or two. Her aggressiveness is innate and very Diana-like in intensity. Just wait until she gets up to speed on the offensive schemes and gets her considerable physical gifts under control. Holy cow.

049E328A-8F11-4B16-96A0-A734FA2FC405.png

Reaction Score
That would be me! haha .. she has so-ooo many ways to put up points .. the ultimate 'garbage man' .. eh? .. a scoring machine... AND she plays DEFENSE!
Okay, let’s give credit where credit is due. Jingo has been telling us all along that this kid Griffin from Ossining could really play and she certainly proved it tonight.

Reaction Score
This kid is going to absolutely terrorize UConn opponents in a year or two. Her aggressiveness is innate and very Diana-like in intensity. Just wait until she gets up to speed on the offensive schemes and gets her considerable physical gifts under control. Holy cow.

A double double including 6 offensive rebounds! The kid has earned a start in the next game.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Visually, when I was watching the rebounding, I honestly had to wait to check the number to determine whether it was 44 or 20 who was skying for the rebound. In this game, because of ONO's foul trouble, it was usually 44.

I agree with the Gabby Williams comparison -- it is becoming closer each game. She can rebound sucessfully against players who are 4 or 5 inches taller than she is, just as Gabby could. I think that from now on, it will be she rather than Kyla (or Evelyn) who gets the call when Olivia gets in foul trouble.

I think she will still be coming off the bench for a while, since both Kyla and Anna know the offense better than she does. (Remember that Gabby was 7th or 8th, behind Kiah Stokes and usually Saniya Chong, when she was a freshman, despite the fact that her athletic gifts were apparent.) However, I would expect that Aubrey will now play 20-25 minutes per game, and should probably average about 10 points and 6 or 7 rebounds in that time, plus a few blocks.

Reaction Score

A year or two? 25 points and 12 rebounds tonight may be the start of her reign of terror.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Aubrey elevates very well. She was picking rebounds off the rim.

I saw her take over a high school game last year. This game didn't include as many jumpers, but the steal, block, offensive rebounds, layups, and free throws were the same.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My favorite moment, among many, for Griffin was her taking, nd making, a third three pointer after missing her first two. She will be a beast, eventually... and I'm going to pat myself on the back for being the first to post about her interest in UConn way back before she committed. :)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Aubrey elevates very well. She was picking rebounds off the rim.

I saw her take over a high stool game last year. This game didn't include as many jumpers, but the steal, block, offensive rebounds, layups, and free throws were the same.
Since dinner is in the oven as I write this, I am having trouble digesting your image (as bolded above -- I prefer not to quote it more directly ...).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom