Attendance | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The next 3 year cycle re-up campaign is going to be very interesting I fear.

Is there any chance they drop ticket prices for the next 3 year cycle? Offer discounts for sets of 4? Bigger discounts for 6, 8? If they don't I think they can expect a drop in ticket sales. There's just no reason to buy season tickets when you don't sell out any games. You're actually better off not buying season tickets and waiting for the various promotions that come throughout the year.

Having said that I will still buy, diehard fan, support the program etc.

Reaction Score
Is there any chance they drop ticket prices for the next 3 year cycle? Offer discounts for sets of 4? Bigger discounts for 6, 8? If they don't I think they can expect a drop in ticket sales. There's just no reason to buy season tickets when you don't sell out any games. You're actually better off not buying season tickets and waiting for the various promotions that come throughout the year.

Having said that I will still buy, diehard fan, support the program etc.

I think they should drop the prices across the board for any number of season tickets purchased and build (rebuild) the base. What do I know though, I wouldn't even be surprised if they jacked the price another $5 per game.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I think they should drop the prices across the board for any number of season tickets purchased and build (rebuild) the base. What do I know though, I wouldn't even be surprised if they jacked the price another $5 per game.

Agree with this. Tickets should be like 25% off when bought as season tickets with that percentage growing a bit as you buy more. I can't honestly remember what I paid for my tickets this year (first year as a non student/young alum ticket holder) but I don't remember it being significantly cheaper than buying individually. Maybe they throw in parking passes for the pair but you have to donate so that cancels out.

Reaction Score
They really do need to throw some incentive in there for season ticket holders at this point. When they've essentially discounted every game besides Michigan for the past 2-3 years and even before that buying tickets in the lot below face value has never been an issue. I've been a season ticket holder since 2003 and will be keep doing so but man at least throw in some parking passes, have a season ticket holder event of some kind, give us the FCS game free etc. They have to start creating incentive now because as this season goes on and more and more promotions are offered it will continue to annoy the season ticket base. Of course, winning will shut us all up... that or a new conference.

Reaction Score
We moved over to the forty behind the home bench. Not like the blue seats were being used anyway. We stayed the entire game as usual.

Agree season ticket holders are getting ripped off. You are better off just not getting season tickets(and not donating for the seat). And just buying each game individually and basically sitting where you want.

Our crew of 8 have talked casually about not re upping but still attending every game on "our own". and we have all had tickets since Memorial Stadium. Think many more may consider doing the same in the near future.

As mentioned above there should be some type of incentive to getting season tickets. I like the idea of free parking passes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The attendance was abysmal and embarrassing. My family will be there next Saturday, myself included for a total of 6. So we know the place won't be empty at least. I am really looking forward to the game. Haven't been home in 11 months, and haven't been able to attend a game in about 3 years since I moved from CT. The team needs the support ya'll!

Reaction Score
We moved over to the forty behind the home bench. Not like the blue seats were being used anyway. We stayed the entire game as usual.

Agree season ticket holders are getting ripped off. You are better off just not getting season tickets(and not donating for the seat). And just buying each game individually and basically sitting where you want.

Our crew of 8 have talked casually about not re upping but still attending every game on "our own". and we have all had tickets since Memorial Stadium. Think many more may consider doing the same in the near future.

As mentioned above there should be some type of incentive to getting season tickets. I like the idea of free parking passes.

I like the free blue lot pass, no more dinging us for that. Maybe even reserve the creme de la creme of the blue lots only for season ticket holders too. They need to make the incentive very enticing and very real. No stupid coupons for a free burger or 10% off at the co-op before August 31.

Reaction Score
A lot of folks were in the runway shade but paying attention to the game, at least for the 1st half. Moved to press box side seats for the 2nd half and stayed to the end.

If you think we looked a little thin, did you see the USF game against Randy State? At the start of the 3rd quarter in a tight game, it was tumbleweeds. Yes, I know it's a big stadium and might be a little deceiving.

Reaction Score
I love people who criticize the attendance while sitting on their butts at home. It was brutal out there today. I wanted to leave several times. It hung in till the end.

I'd be there if I didn't live in Florida. I will be there next Saturday though!!

Reaction Score
I love when people ignorantly assume that everyone who posts on the boneyard lives in CT and has perfect logistics to get to every game.

I'm not knocking the fact that they are not at the game, I'm knocking the criticism of those sitting home about the size of the crowd, big difference. A large c rowd were under the in the shade on the concourse.

Reaction Score
I love when people ignorantly assume that everyone who posts on the boneyard lives in CT and has perfect logistics to get to every game.

You are missing the point. Of course people understand that not everyone who posts here can go to every game. Their point is that it takes a special type of self-centeredness -- the kind that most people grow out of in adolesence -- to bitch about other people not being there when you are not there yourself. Two totally different points.

So to summarize for you, don't come if you can't come. It's your life. But that doesn't make you free to criticize others for not coming. And if you do that from your living room, be smart enough not to be shocked that those of us who uncomfortably sat through that crap yesterday have no patience for you.

Reaction Score
I'm not knocking the fact that they are not at the game, I'm knocking the criticism of those sitting home about the size of the crowd, big difference. A large c rowd were under the in the shade on the concourse.
Well when you follow that up with "oh look at me, I stayed till the end!" You kinda shift the tone towards what has been a common response "derp the people complaining about attendance from home are the problem"

Reaction Score
You are missing the point. Of course people understand that not everyone who posts here can go to every game. Their point is that it takes a special type of self-centeredness -- the kind that most people grow out of in adolesence -- to bitch about other people not being there when you are not there yourself. Two totally different points.

So to summarize for you, don't come if you can't come. It's your life. But that doesn't make you free to criticize others for not coming. And if you do that from your living room, be smart enough not to be shocked that those of us who uncomfortably sat through that crap yesterday have no patience for you.
It actually started as a simple subjective observation that the place looked empty, which was met with a response that had a fair tone of high-and-mighty, lookit-me-I'm-a-great-fan lash back, which I thought was inappropriate.

Reaction Score
Well when you follow that up with "oh look at me, I stayed till the end!" You kinda shift the tone towards what has been a common response "derp the people complaining about attendance from home are the problem"

Excuse me, I am elderly and have health problems and your tone is quite uncalled for. Guilty conscience?

Reaction Score
Excuse me, I am elderly and have health problems and your tone is quite uncalled for. Guilty conscience?
I know nothing about you, and please don't try "I know you are but what am I". I'm just telling you how you came across with the words you chose to use in what I saw as a rash, uncalibrated response to a simple observation. Your little self bump there was pretty unnecessary and irrelevant if you really initially meant to say what you backpedaled to.

Reaction Score
People use the excuse that it takes bigger/better opponents to sell tickets get butts in seats. This tells me people are their to see another program play, rather than show up and support their own team no matter who their playing.

Reaction Score
I love people who criticize the attendance while sitting on their butts at home. It was brutal out there today. I wanted to leave several times. It hung in till the end.

I live like 2000 miles away, feel free to judge me though.

You people are funny, commenting on attendance isn't bitching it's really discussion of an indicator of fan base interest.

Reaction Score
I know nothing about you, and please don't try "I know you are but what am I". I'm just telling you how you came across with the words you chose to use in what I saw as a rash, uncalibrated response to a simple observation. Your little self bump there was pretty unnecessary and irrelevant if you really initially meant to say what you backpedaled to.

I love how you come across. Rash? LOL Nothing simple about your observation. I'm done, nothing more boring on a thread than two people arguing .

Reaction Score
I crack up when I get home from games and see threads about our attendance. The irony is rich.

23k sounds about right. 7k at the end of the game. Brutally hot and humid sitting on the Uconn side

I crack up when you guys assume that the people posting in the thread live two blocks from the rent.

Reaction Score
I love how you come across. Rash? LOL Nothing simple about your observation. I'm done, nothing more boring on a thread than two people arguing .
Yes. I think it's fair to say your jumping at this guy who made what was a simple observation, "It looks empty" at the beginning of the game, was rash. Unless that statement was somehow perceived as complex and nuanced by you, or that everyone was already approaching heat exhaustion and taking cover 5 minutes into the game.

Reaction Score
I live like 2000 miles away, feel free to judge me though.

You people are funny, commenting on attendance isn't bitching it's really discussion of an indicator of fan base interest.
I guess reading comprehension isn't some people's strong point. please read Biz laws response to Rockthe world, my feelings expressed much better than I could.

Reaction Score
I guess reading comprehension isn't some people's strong point. please read Biz laws response to Rockthe world, my feelings expressed much better than I could.

How can I comprehend what I didn't even read, you guys are great.

Yesterday was emptiest I have ever seen the Rent, in person or on TV.

I guess that's not relevant since I wasn't there. You guys are too funny.

Reaction Score
How can I comprehend what I didn't even read, you guys are great.

Yesterday was emptiest I have ever seen the Rent, in person or on TV.

I guess that's not relevant since I wasn't there. You guys are too funny.
Hey man, you can't say Jessica Simpson is looking skinny again. You haven't seen her in person.

Reaction Score

No. You are missing the point. It's not bitching, it's commenting on a disturbing trend in the fan base. I think everyone posting in the thread would prefer to be at the game. But nobody is bitching about people who decided to do something else with their afternoons. They are commenting and poking fun at the growing level of apathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom