Attendance | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While seated next to two 5 year old girls? Classy.
When that happens call stadium security and complain 860-610-4884
Game day security text 860-861-8100
You can call them right now and complain and they'll be on the lookout for you next week: 860-281-5162. You shouldn't have to put up with that crap.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It was brutal conditions out there.

Reaction Score
There has to be at least a few thousand standing in the shade. That's where I was for a good portion of the game. I definitely prefer weather around 40 degrees compared to 90 and humid like it was today.

APA

Reaction Score
Tell that to the SEC. Or the ACC. Or the Big 12. Or the Big 12. Or the PAC 12.

Reaction Score
I think that's the general trend
Definite trend. Colin Cowherd talks about it in the pros. Too easy just to watch on 55 inch wide screen TV in home comfort. Also, today was brutal. Steamy hot, tropic sun, seats burning. TV money requires too many commercials, fans sit and wait, trend is down except for top P5 programs.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Colorado @ UMass ANNOUNCED attendance was just over 10,000

Reaction Score
Looked about half full, so 23K5 sounds right.

It was really hot out there. I was on the shady side & still got sunburned.
Kudos to anyone who sat the whole way through that game.

Good news is they got the W, and that's about it. I know this team is trying to climb from the PP/GDL abyss, but they obviously have a long way to go, and in the meantime are very tough to watch for both the casual fan & the diehard, so attendance will struggle. Just the way it is.

Last edited:

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
If you were sitting on the press box side I can see why you would think attendance was so low but when I got some food and looked at the stands from the other side it was about 3/4 full not to mention the 2-4 thousand people seeking the shade on the concourse. I was thinking it was gonna be about half full, maybe a little less but 23,000 sounds about right. Considering the opponent and oppressive weather I'm not shocked by the turnout. One thing I will say is I was happy to see the student section was almost full at kickoff which is a nice change and they stayed for most of the game so kudos to you guys.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I crack up when I get home from games and see threads about our attendance. The irony is rich.

23k sounds about right. 7k at the end of the game. Brutally hot and humid sitting on the Uconn side

Exactly why I love being a Rent Rat. The press box shade came a little after halftime and it felt like Christmas.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think today was the most uncomfortable I've ever been at a game at the Rent. I would take a rainstorm or blizzard game 100 times out of a 100 over what we got today.

I was critical of the student sections last week so I have to give them credit when it's due. They were well represented for this game, even when the rest of the stadium was half empty. They also made a good deal of noise when SB was in their end of the stadium.

I am incredibly thankful that I don't live in Gainesville and have season tickets to Florida. Some of those early Sept games must be obnoxious heat.

Reaction Score
I think today was the most uncomfortable I've ever been at a game at the Rent. I would take a rainstorm or blizzard game 100 times out of a 100 over what we got today.

I was critical of the student sections last week so I have to give them credit when it's due. They were well represented for this game, even when the rest of the stadium was half empty. They also made a good deal of noise when SB was in their end of the stadium.

I am incredibly thankful that I don't live in Gainesville and have season tickets to Florida. Some of those early Sept games must be obnoxious heat.
I think NC State a few years ago was more humid. I remember being absolutely miserable that game as well as today.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Exactly why I love being a Rent Rat. The press box shade came a little after halftime and it felt like Christmas.
It was glorious

Reaction Score
First home game I've missed since DJ threw threw the TD/coversion against Pitt in double OT. Made a promise to myself to never bitch out again after that. Mi had a good reason today though...
Not a good enough reason for me

Reaction Score
The weather was hot, sunny and humid--the the warmest gameday that I can remember since the Rent opened. A lot of people took refuge from the sun on the concourse--there was a strong breeze in some areas, a real saving grace today. From our seats in 223, I saw lots of people crammed into the concourse on the Stony Brook side watching the game. The student section should get white UCONN tee shirts, too--wearing blue was not good today. And the band should have gotten a pass on wearing gloves today. Gloves?

Reaction Score
The weather was hot, sunny and humid--the the warmest gameday that I can remember since the Rent opened. A lot of people took refuge from the sun on the concourse--there was a strong breeze in some areas, a real saving grace today. From our seats in 223, I saw lots of people crammed into the concourse on the Stony Brook side watching the game. The student section should get white UCONN tee shirts, too--wearing blue was not good today. And the band should have gotten a pass on wearing gloves today. Gloves?
Moved from the Young Alumni to the pressbox/Stony Brook side after the first quarter and it was alot better. Still brutal...but better. I think it's funny that Weist's big thing was wearing the polo regardless of how cold it was. Is Diaco's going to be wearing the buttondown regardless of how hot it is??

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Now sitting at home in my easy chair, watching Boise State with my first sunburn of the summer from sitting in Sec. 218 all day- it was nasty out today.

We'll have better (fall-ish) weather and a much better crowd next weekend folks.

Reaction Score
Beer was warm as p i ss after about 2 min. Still, knew you needed fluids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom