Attendance | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Attendance

Reaction Score
Tickets have been WAY cheaper recently with the invention of smartphones and I guess Stubhub. I got my cincy tickets for 6 each on hub. Remember my Dad paying a lot of money for tickets in the early 2000's. They were also wayy harder to get.
Season tickets aren't cheaper - other ways are cause demand is down. People are now picking and choosing which games to attend. I remember how expensive it was to buy extra tickets for family visiting from New York who wanted to go to the game.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I just turned on the Creighton game, was impressed by the crowd, and ended up in a wikipedia rabbit hole on Nebraska attendance for college sporting events. Long story short, they turn out for everything (17,000 for women's volleyball).

Reaction Score
We better have a sellout. Students pack the place to the rafters. Drown out everything Cincy.like we used to do to G TOWN in the Thompson, Ewing days. Let's show people in this country what real basketball fans act like.
We gotta have a winner and it starts now.

Reaction Score
We better have a sellout. Students pack the place to the rafters. Drown out everything Cincy.like we used to do to G TOWN in the Thompson, Ewing days. Let's show people in this country what real basketball fans act like.
We gotta have a winner and it starts now.
My son is a student at UConn now and he told me a bunch of them are planning on lining up to get in hours before the game. Also, the school made them get tickets for this one beforehand rather than just swiping to get in. Expect a good student representation tomorrow. Should be fun to be at Gampel. Looking forward to seeing the 1989-90 team and JC the GOAT

Reaction Score
Fair weather fans, what can you do?
"That sir which serves and seeks for gain,
And follows but for form,
Will pack when it begins to rain
And leave thee in the storm."

Reaction Score
Season tickets aren't cheaper - other ways are cause demand is down. People are now picking and choosing which games to attend. I remember how expensive it was to buy extra tickets for family visiting from New York who wanted to go to the game.
People are picking and choosing because we were awful for several years in a row and there's only like 2 or 3 matchups which are attractive to non diehards.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was a season ticket holder from 1978 - 2013 and while there may have been some sellouts during Perno's years I would not say it was all the time
Several sell-outs a season counts as all the time to me.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I remember going with my father to Fairfield or CCSU games vs. UCONN at the Civic Center and there wasn't a seat open. This was early '90's. Can you imagine that today?

Reaction Score
Cost could be a big part of that.
That’s one. Also 50 inch TVs. Every game on tv. Just a different society. And the fact that generally speaking the in game experience is not as good as the at home one largely to accomodate tv. If you go back and look sellouts were pretty rare across sports until the mid to late 80s. In some ways we are returning to the norm.

Reaction Score
Being there is always better. People get old and lazy too soon these days.

Especially for basketball. Football, I understand staying home is a better experience.

Reaction Score
This is a non-issue that gets brought up around here, things will be different next season.
Maybe next year but long term not so much. We were not selling out in 2011-2015. In fact attendance fell every year from 2008 I believe. I suspect it might bump up next year but UNH, NJIT type games that sold out in 2004 won’t sell out in the future. Big East games against the bad teams won’t sell out after next year. Heck UNC, Duke, programs that would sell out for practice if they wanted don’t sell out except for big games now. I guarentee everyone will be patting themselves on the back when attendance bumps up next year. But in 5 years they’ll be trying to explain the fall off. 3 if we don’t make the Tounament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom