Attendance for UCF? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Attendance for UCF?

C

Chief00

Let me clear up one wrong assumption in this thread. The students will be back for the game. Classes start on 8/27. Game is on 8/30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
This is actually one game students actually do tend to show up for. A lot easier for most kids to get their on their own with their own cars than the bus fiasco.

Are you confusing common sense with history? Your point makes common sense, but the history of the Rent is that students do not show up when school is not in session.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Are you confusing common sense with history? Your point makes common sense, but the history of the Rent is that students do not show up when school is not in session.
Regardless of school being in or not the first game has a full student section all wearing whatever T-shirt they got that year with their tickets and then they’re gone

Reaction Score
Regardless of school being in or not the first game has a full student section all wearing whatever T-shirt they got that year with their tickets and then they’re gone

Nah, usually the first few games the student attendance is pretty good. When it gets cold and the team sucks is when it falls apart

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Last year the student section was filled to the brim against Holy Cross.

Reaction Score
What are your guesses for attendance for the UCF game? A good team is coming in for a Thursday night game just before Labor Day. How does it play out and why? I’m guessing 24,500 but fear worse. I’d love to see more but there’s just very little chance of that with kids not back at school yet and the holiday weekend distractions taking people elsewhere.

P.S. I plan to be there with two others but I’m not positive yet.
First game of the season to open as a 23 point dog, makes selling tix difficult.

Reaction Score
Student section year before last during the 2nd quarter.

Attachments

• 20160901_200704.jpg
    20160901_200704.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 146
Reaction Score
My official guess is 21,000 tix sold and maybe 18,000 thru the turnstyles. But who cares? It'll be a nice summer evening, the beer will taste exceptionally good, and we BY fanatics will have the binoculars out watching UConn's line play on both sides of the ball.

UConn should score enough that we should all take UConn and the points. I doubt that the D can get enough stops to actually win the game though. Final score? How about 28-42?

Reaction Score
This is good. LMAO

Furman could have more. They are playing Clemson. We are playing UMASS.
Ever been to Furman? Close to the most beautiful campus in the nation.

Reaction Score
Attendance will be 23,234. And honestly I am being optimistic. However as I have said I am done worrying about it and focusing on my own experience which is always fun.

Reaction Score
Student section year before last during the 2nd quarter.
the student section is always filled the first weekend because they entice the freshman to go. I bet 60-70% of the people in that picture were freshman

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Seating chart looked more promising than that last week.
Can't ever go off the seating chart. Remember BYU? It looked like a near sellout 4 days before the game. Then the school released about 18,000 tickets about 36 hour before kickoff.

Reaction Score
Uggh. Hopefully, that was a lesson learned and not the case this time.

Reaction Score
Uggh. Hopefully, that was a lesson learned and not the case this time.

What lesson learned? Why do they have to "release" 18k tickets early if there are still 5 or 6k single games tickets they are trying to sell first?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This is good. LMAO

Furman could have more. They are playing Clemson. We are playing UMASS.
They’re playing Clemson on the road and we play UMass a different day, but other than that it’s a solid anology.

Reaction Score
What lesson learned? Why do they have to "release" 18k tickets early if there are still 5 or 6k single games tickets they are trying to sell first?

Because more choice can induce more sales in a situation in which you have too many seats. They should just release them and always have a handful heavily discounted. If it results in selling a few extra tickets, its worth it. There really isn't any point in holding back in the age of online ordering and print at home tickets.

And....maybe just maybe, it can help the school and local media guilt a few more people into heading out to the game to help the cause. Honestly, we should be pleading with local sportscasters/writers to plug the game and how great tailgating etc. is.

Reaction Score
Because more choice can induce more sales in a situation in which you have too many seats. They should just release them and always have a handful heavily discounted. If it results in selling a few extra tickets, its worth it. There really isn't any point in holding back in the age of online ordering and print at home tickets.

And....maybe just maybe, it can help the school and local media guilt a few more people into heading out to the game to help the cause. Honestly, we should be pleading with local sportscasters/writers to plug the game and how great tailgating etc. is.

But you act like there is no reason to be holding them. They hold them so that someone who wants a season ticket last minute can get the seat before someone who wants them for one game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom