Attendance for UCF? | The Boneyard

Attendance for UCF?

Reaction Score
What are your guesses for attendance for the UCF game? A good team is coming in for a Thursday night game just before Labor Day. How does it play out and why? I’m guessing 24,500 but fear worse. I’d love to see more but there’s just very little chance of that with kids not back at school yet and the holiday weekend distractions taking people elsewhere.

P.S. I plan to be there with two others but I’m not positive yet.

Reaction Score
27,000-29,000 range. I hope the students turn out and hopefully they stay put for more than a quarter. As much as we need numbers, we need lots of noise at the Rent.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What are your guesses for attendance for the UCF game? A good team is coming in for a Thursday night game just before Labor Day. How does it play out and why? I’m guessing 24,500 but fear worse. I’d love to see more but there’s just very little chance of that with kids not back at school yet and the holiday weekend distractions taking people elsewhere.

P.S. I plan to be there with two others but I’m not positive yet.
This is actually one game students actually do tend to show up for. A lot easier for most kids to get their on their own with their own cars than the bus fiasco.

Reaction Score
I'm more concerned about how many will be there at the start of the 4th quarter.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The last 20 home games have had the same attendance.

There is your UCF attendance.

Other than the friends and family that UCF brings there is literally not a single person who give a flying fig about seeing UCF.

BASKETBALL season tickets are down y/y and they hired Hurley. Stop worrying about the attendance. Just go to the games and try to have fun. The clock is probably ticking.

Reaction Score

Other than the friends and family that UCF brings there is literally not a single person who give a flying fig about seeing UCF.

BASKETBALL season tickets are down y/y and they hired Hurley. Stop worrying about the attendance. Just go to the games and try to have fun. The clock is probably ticking.

(Sorry OT; basketball)

I've been looking for stats re: basketball ticket sales post Hurley; where did you see that they're down?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
(Sorry OT; basketball)

I've been looking for stats re: basketball ticket sales post Hurley; where did you see that they're down?

Noted insider Chief posted it in the thread about seat picking times.

Assume it’s right.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Noted insider Chief posted it in the thread about seat picking times.

Assume it’s right.

This might be the biggest hit to Whalers credibility that I’ve ever witnessed...maybe worse than his Diaco post

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This might be the biggest hit to Whalers credibility that I’ve ever witnessed...maybe worse than his Diaco post

People love the Chief - what can you do?

Based on the context and detail he provided it didn’t seem like an 11:11 fiasco.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
People love the Chief - what can you do?

Based on the context and detail he provided it didn’t seem like an 11:11 fiasco.
I find the Chief shtick funny. Its pretty clear at this point the Chief account is a house account passed by Warde Manuel to AD David Benedict to troll the boneyard (and yes I am kidding).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think the fans will show well if we do a good job with our media partners promoting this game.

Our D coordinator is going to have the biggest test. I'd be rolling tapes for the players from Day 1 if I was Crocker. With some UCF losses on D we could have a productive day on offense.

Reaction Score
There is literally not a single person who gives a flying fig about seeing UCF.

I think the fans will show well if we do a good job with our media partners promoting this game.

Given the last few years of ineptness, flying figs will require a media advertising blitz to create interest. Benedict has the ability, if he chooses, to spend the money to create the buzz around seeing this year’s Huskies playing last year’s undefeated “champion” with their Heisman QB candidate. Absent that kind of hype, from all forms of media, attendance will likely be embarrassing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Given the last few years of ineptness, flying figs will require a media advertising blitz to create interest. Benedict has the ability, if he chooses, to spend the money to create the buzz around seeing this year’s Huskies playing last year’s undefeated “champion” with their Heisman QB candidate. Absent that kind of hype, from all forms of media, attendance will likely be embarrassing.

Can you point to a successful advertising blitz in the past?

They should spend 50k to sell 1k tickets?

Nobody in Connecticut gives a hoot about Milton. Other than hardcore gamblers I don’t know a single person who knows who he is that doesn’t post here.

Reaction Score
Maybe I am an optimist, but being an alum, living in NYS, and traveling 2.5 hours to every game since 2003, I am not as affected by the negativity surrounding the program. Knowing what we have done in HCRE’s first test here, I have to think that a team as good as UCF should bring out 30,000. And, that is not a really good crowd. Really, there has to be a UConn base plus students that can always produce this kind of crowd. Not fair for anybody who considers themselves part of the UConn base to insist on waiting until Edsall rights the ship. We’re all in this together and the Huskies need us now.

Reaction Score
Can you point to a successful advertising blitz in the past?

They should spend 50k to sell 1k tickets?

Nobody in Connecticut gives a hoot about Milton. Other than hardcore gamblers I don’t know a single person who knows who he is that doesn’t post here.

No, I can't recall any AD publicly hyping a game to generate interest. Unlike past FCS openers, our first game Aug 30 has enough importance (and a good back story) to warrant a strong promotional effort. I haven't done a cost benefit on the idea but the net cost may just be worth it. And as for nobody in Connecticut knowing who Milton is, you just proved my point.

Reaction Score

It's funny. I used to think your last name was Hathaway. After-all, he did reduce costs (and increase his bonus) by stripping the BB program of its academic and compliance support all while alienating most, if not all, of the most substantial boosters. He also attempted to shove his HoF coach under an NCAA bus. Tangentially, it was SH who kicked him, and his self-perpetuating one year extension, contract to the curb.

I've changed my mind. Your projections are so hyperbolically apocalyptic that I now think you're the second coming of John of "Revelations," and that you've added a fifth "Horseman.".

"Behold a red horse His name is fiscal calamity and 'Whaler11' follows with him."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's funny. I used to think your last name was Hathaway. After-all, he did reduce costs (and increase his bonus) by stripping the BB program of its academic and compliance support all while alienating most, if not all, of the most substantial boosters. He also attempted to shove his HoF coach under an NCAA bus. Tangentially, it was SH who kicked him, and his self-perpetuating one year extension, contract to the curb.

I've changed my mind. Your projections are so hyperbolically apocalyptic that I now think you're the second coming of John of "Revelations," and that you've added a fifth "Horseman.".

"Behold a red horse His name is fiscal calamity and 'Whaler11' follows with him."

LOL - sorry you can’t hack simple arthimatic.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

That supposed author is John of Patmos. Finally seminary coming in handy on here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom