Athletic takes down Cuse | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Athletic takes down Cuse

Reaction Score
Why even spend so much time going down that path?? Good grief. It was 30 years ago. I would say probably 99% of the population who is over 55 or 60 probably wouldn't "survive" today if did the same things as they did 30 years ago. Frankly, I had no idea. And could have easily gone the rest of my life with out that info.

Bringing it up and continuously discussing Geno in light of what happened 30 years ago to try to prove you are right is just pointless. It's the type of thing I'd expect out of the Tin Foil Orange Brigade, not out of a UCONN fan. Head bang
So your posting “Regardless of the truth, there is some ugly $#it going on at Syracuse” is supposed to have credibility, even though you don’t have a clue about ANY facts, but a poster proving a point you argued with by using a DIRECT quote from Auriemma’s own book regarding a very similar type accusation has no merit?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So your posting “Regardless of the truth, there is some ugly $#it going on at Syracuse” is supposed to have credibility, even though you don’t have a clue about ANY facts, but a poster proving a point you argued with by using a DIRECT quote from Auriemma’s own book regarding a very similar type accusation has no merit?
If you bothered to read, or had reading comprehension skills, you would see I was referring to the fact that apparently 12 players decided to transfer, and it appears the University is launching an investigation. That seems pretty serious to me, but maybe my English is a little different than yours.

You quoted a different post of mine, but in the one where I mentioned the "serious $#it" at Syracuse, I also discussed the comments by Tiana and Rebecca on one had, and the investigation and accusations on the other hand.

Reaction Score
The number is actually 12 not 11.
(1)Emily Engstler (2)Kiara Lewis, (3) Digna Strautmane, (4)Maeva Djaldi-Tabdi, (5)Amaya Finklea-Guity, (6) Taleah Washington, (7)Lauren Fitzmaurice, (8) Kiara Fisher, (9) Faith Blackstone, (10). Khamya McNeal (11) Maud Huijbens (12) Kamilla Cardoso. At least five of the Orange's latest transfers will stay within the conference. Kiara Lewis to Clemson Tigers. Digna Strautmane will head to Georgia Tech. Emily Engstler, Amaya Finklea-Guity, and Maeva Djaldi-Tabdi are taking their talents to Louisville, Duke, and Miami, respectively. Cardoso of course landed at South Carolina. Taleah Washington is transferring to Old Dominion. Kiara Fisher transfed to Marist College.
As of June 4th Lauren Fitzmaurice is the only former Syracuse player remaining in the transfer portal who hasn’t announced a decision.

You also bring up an interesting point regarding the remaining players decision-That decision must be made today because all transfer decision for all sports must be made by July 1st .
Thanks for the update! I must have had an old article...

Reaction Score
Another excerpt from "In Pursuit of Perfection". Again as a point of clarification for the posters that have comprehension issues - I'm simply pointing out that Auriemma would probably not survive given the current climate if he behaved as he did 30 years ago.

"CD, who makes a living out of being able to communicate with players, is so bothered by this group. She just can’t reach them. She sits in the bleachers with tears in her eyes. She says more than once that season, “If this is how it’s going to be, I’m getting out of coaching.” What she doesn’t realize is that’s what these kids want. They want to get us fired. At the end of the season, a group of them go to our athletic director, Todd Turner, and complain about how we run the program. They tell Turner we are physically abusive with our players, and bring up the incident with Kris Lamb back in December in Hartford. I am stunned."

Fortunately, the allegations from the players were dismissed by Turner. I'm not so sure that they would be dismissed so readily today. I think 7 or 8 players left the team that year. Only 2 by graduating.
I don't know the answer, but am wondering where the non-graduates went from that original team, what their new playing times were, and what the records of their new team were when each player was actually playing more than 20 minutes a game.

Probably a very small sample size of games with more than 20 minutes per player...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Perhaps it is your characterization that the “accusation is similar” that has no merit?

Reaction Score
I don't know the answer, but am wondering where the non-graduates went from that original team, what their new playing times were, and what the records of their new team were when each player was actually playing more than 20 minutes a game.

Probably a very small sample size of games with more than 20 minutes per player...

I’m not sure ANYONE could survive, members of this board included, if we failed to adapt in the past 30 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom