At the risk of sounding too cheerleaderish... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

At the risk of sounding too cheerleaderish...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Imagine Bria back to normal...

But, injuries and illnesses happen as do bad shooting nights. The Huskies not named Stef, Kaleena, Bria or Kelly need to learn how to deal with the possibility that someone else may have to step up - and it could be them. I hope folks remember how young many of the key players are and that they're still on a learning curve. This is a UConn team with tremendous upside.

IMO Bria was one of the problems. She had a poor game against Skylar both offensively and defensively. If she and Breanna had reasonably good games we would have one. Stef, KLM and Kelly played great.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Of course, the lump in the throat are the bad calls. We should have won with better calls...see Ice's observation after rewatching.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I am a firm believer in the concept of a 'good loss'. If our coaches and players do not learn from this loss, then it won't be a good one.
If we improve and get better due to the pain this one caused, then it will serve us well. If not...that is 'bad on us'.

Reaction Score
I had nightmares all night; really took this hard, and then travelling all day, but came home feeling much like Nan, and was going to write the same. Was really glad to see the message and to feel at peace with this, at least somewhat.

Semper and everyone else on the board that may have had alot hurt going on since the game! Semp I am glad you have gotten to Nan's place! It has been a little over 41 hours since the end of the game UGHHHH! I can't believe how slowly the time has gone! I have felt like I have been drowning in it! I came on the board yesterday and could feel the darkness on the board. I felt for Doggy who had posted how he was feeling! Then I left trying to escape the ongoing aftermath!

I am not going to bash any of the players or coaches! I know they have been feeling worse than me! I usually watch the game a couple of times over the 1st 2 days! I
am finally at a point where I can do that! I wish everyone on the board the best and hope this is a learning growing experience for the players!

Glad it is not the end of the season;) 7NCs and counting;)
Ira

Reaction Score
Teams are like roulette wheels, with different numbers of pockets depending on the skill of the team. A team like UConn might have a wheel with 18 pockets. A team like a mid-major might have a 36 pocket wheel. Each possession is a bet on a single number in a spin of one’s own wheel. Looked at in this manner, it is easy to see that the 18 pocket wheel is highly likely to be the money winner, but it is also obvious that the laws of probability will find the 36 pocket team a winner occasionally.

I believe research has shown that players deemed to be good in the clutch are actually no better or worse in critical moments than they are at any other time in a game. Think about it, there are no bench-riders who only come it in when that “must have” basket is required, because at other times they can’t make a shot. Allowing a perceived clutch shooter to take a shot because in two previous games they hit the shot at the buzzer, is not necessarily a valid strategy.

We lost to ND, in part, because on that particular day, we missed a bunch of 3 pointers in a row. In a task with a success rate of less than 50% on average, missing 10 in a row should occasionally be expected. Our best shooter took the shot. A good gamble.

I’m certain this isn’t a popular view. It’s so unemotional, so mathematical. Who wants to think our future is governed by a set of probabilities and not because of a heroic performance, but I believe Breanna will soon be removing another pocket from our wheel.

Reaction Score
supposing kaleena's shot at the end goes in, and uconn wins, this team (including coaches) still needed a wake up call. whether they won that game or not, they still are not playing well enough to win a national championship. i really don't think the loss is a big deal. what they all do now , though, is a big deal. and i really feel that they will wake up, and start doing some things that are needed to be done. and i just have this feeling that this will be a very, very strong team come tourney time. as time goes on bria and breanna are going to get better and better. just my thoughts and feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom