Assistant Coach Search | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Assistant Coach Search

Reaction Score
are we be reading into the coaching tags on these posts? Dennis Dottin-Carter being tagged is interesting. Would be a quality coach to retain

Reaction Score
So how many job postings are on the street besides the three analysts? Any? For each posting that hits the street you can prtobably back up a week or two from the posting date before an announcement can be made. In industry, postings in the past have often featured a note "a highly qualified candidate has been identified". Guessing that is not operative here. And I am not even sure that is still done in industry.

Reaction Score
So how many job postings are on the street besides the three analysts? Any? For each posting that hits the street you can prtobably back up a week or two from the posting date before an announcement can be made. In industry, postings in the past have often featured a note "a highly qualified candidate has been identified". Guessing that is not operative here. And I am not even sure that is still done in industry.
My bet is everything is officially announced on 12/1. Leaks may sneak out ahead of time like Marinelli did.

Reaction Score
See page 7 of this topic.
I think you meant to say Page 5. Page 7 has analyst and administrative positions. Page 5 has Assistant Coaches. Somehow I do not see a posting for Coordinators. But perhaps I have overlooked something.

Reaction Score
IMO, the most important assistant hire(s) has to be any and everything/body on the offensive side of the football. Can't go cheap on OC like we've been doing. If we haven't learned how bad an idea that's been we'll never learn....also, a QB Coach may be just as important

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think that we will know soon, maybe as soon as tomorrow

Reaction Score
Mazzone will be OC, Spanos will be DC.

Would not shock me if Spanos keeps a few guys.
Think the first part I suspect is a done deal. The second part would be a surprise.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Mazzone will be OC, Spanos will be DC.

Would not shock me if Spanos keeps a few guys.
He cannot be DC…the performance and recruiting has been awful. IF Mora keeps him in that role, then - on Day 1 - you are blowing up any narrative that results or performance matter.

Mora doesn’t strike me as that dumb. LB or Secondary coach seems fair to me if he wants to throw a life raft.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If he keeps Spanos that’s a massive mistake

While I appreciate his effort and how he kept the guys playing hard. The defense has been worst in the country over the last three years and a lot of it is on him. The comments from the Wyoming QB still bother me. If our scheme is so easy an FCS QB can pick it apart pre-snap, that's on the coach. Giving up 40+ a game is giving up 40+ a game. I don't care it it is an improvement on giving up 50 a game.

I also honestly can't think of one player I'd miss if they are leaving because Spanos is leaving. I'll back Mora on any decision he makes on both coaches and players.

1-11 doesn't earn any entitlements.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
While I appreciate his effort and how he kept the guys playing hard. The defense has been worst in the country over the last three years and a lot of it is on him. The comments from the Wyoming QB still bother me. If our scheme is so easy an FCS QB can pick it apart pre-snap, that's on the coach. Giving up 40+ a game is giving up 40+ a game. I don't care it it is an improvement on giving up 50 a game.

I also honestly can't think of one player I'd miss if they are leaving because Spanos is leaving. I'll back Mora on any decision he makes on both coaches and players.

1-11 doesn't earn any entitlements.
I’d say the opposite. 1-11 earns dismissals for everyone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom