Asia Durr to Louisville | The Boneyard

Asia Durr to Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Great Pickup for Jeff Walz. He needed to improve his recruiting to keep pace with ND & Duke in the ACC. North Carolina has had great recruiting classes as well.

HGN

Reaction Score
Great get for Louisville !! If it wasn't going to be The Huskies , I was pulling for the Cardinals or Baylor. In that order.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Congratulations to Jeff Walz and the Cardinals.

Now that's over, let's get this season going !!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good for Louisville and Durr. Looking forward to seeing her play.

Reaction Score
DeGrate is an impact post player ? really, I have not seen her rated very high anywhere.

if Louisville is going to contend for a National Championship they need a lot of help inside

DeGrate is a space eater. She will rebound on the defensive end and score a few points. That's it.
Durr, however, is the real deal. I think there was a chance of her going to UConn but not after signing 4 guards in the 2014 class. A link to DeGrate and Brown.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I'd love to see Jeff Walz take over at UConn when Geno decides to step down. I know we'd like to "keep it in the family", but he has a similar personality to Geno and I think he could have a lot of success at UConn. (Not that he hasn't already, but maybe get over the hump and win some NCs.)

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I'd love to see Jeff Walz take over at UConn when Geno decides to step down. I know we'd like to "keep it in the family", but he has a similar personality to Geno and I think he could have a lot of success at UConn. (Not that he hasn't already, but maybe get over the hump and win some NCs.)
When Geno retires, he will get over the hump, no need to leave Louisville then. :) Will be poised to be the next dynasty. That is a ways off, but, I can see it happening. He is a great "x's and O's" coach, a very good recruiter and gets more out of his roster of kids than most do with with 2-3 times the talent.
We know what he can do with less talented kids, now we have a chance to see what he can do with an elite program changer.
I, for one, can't wait.

Reaction Score
The idea that Louisville hasn't had talent has always made me laugh. They had 3 players drafted off their team last season into the WNBA. Two made rosters. If anything, they've had more talent than most. Bria Smith, Sara Hammond, Vails and others were Top 25/30 recruits. Smith was Top 10. Angel is one of the top 5 players in the world. Schimmel was a Top 10 player and All-American by some lists.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Hope we renew the series, because Jeff is a great competitor and he seems to be getting/having some weapons.....

Reaction Score
what were Dolson's HS numbers?
I only have Parade from 2010. She was 4th team.
I also have the number 39 next to her name, so maybe that's what she was in BlueStar.

Reaction Score
The idea that Louisville hasn't had talent has always made me laugh. They had 3 players drafted off their team last season into the WNBA. Two made rosters. If anything, they've had more talent than most. Bria Smith, Sara Hammond, Vails and others were Top 25/30 recruits. Smith was Top 10. Angel is one of the top 5 players in the world. Schimmel was a Top 10 player and All-American by some lists.

Bria Smith was overrated, she has no OUTSIDE SHOT. Vails was not in the top 25/30. Hammond is solid, but not a top 10 talent.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I only have Parade from 2010. She was 4th team.
I also have the number 39 next to her name, so maybe that's what she was in BlueStar.
From Stef's UConn Bio: Selected as a USA Today All-USA Third Team member ... Honored as a Fourth-Team All-America pick by Parade Magazine ... Ranked as the 39th-best recruit nationally and rated as the second-best center in the country by ESPN Hoopgurlz ... Ranked No. 24 nationally by Blue Star and No. 12 by the All-Star Girls Report. LINK (look under the 'High School' heading near the bottom.

Reaction Score
Bria Smith was overrated, she has no OUTSIDE SHOT. Vails was not in the top 25/30. Hammond is solid, but not a top 10 talent.

I guess that was why HoopGurlz ranked her #12. Apparently, that was high enough for UConn to offer her a scholarship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom