Asia Durr narrows her list | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Asia Durr narrows her list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
So, I had never seen Durr live or via Memorex and maybe a few of you have not either. Here is what is billed as an AAU mix tape:

Ankles will be broken. That midrange pull up looks a little Kembaesque

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
So, I had never seen Durr live or via Memorex and maybe a few of you have not either. Here is what is billed as an AAU mix tape:

Those are some fantastic passes!!!

Reaction Score
When my oldest daughter was applying to college, there was a school in Oklahoma named Flaming Arrow University that accepted 324 out of 330 applicants. Competitive, huh?

Would love to have seen the records of the bottom 6 in the applicant pool.

WONK: I can't name names here and I don't have their records, but two of them are playing football at Florida State two at THE Ohio State, and the other three at Bama.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Sorry, but THE Ohio State U. is the epitome of unjustified arrogance.

THE Harvard University I could understand... Just saying.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but THE Ohio State U. is the epitome of unjustified arrogance.

THE Harvard University I could understand... Just saying.

PAP: My point.....along with "The U"

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She looks very good, especially for her age. The release is a bit low, but she uses both hands, can go left or right, and has both a nice repertoire and good range.

The video reminds me a bit of MoJeff's in terms of ball handling, moves, and repertoire.

Reaction Score
as a evaluator the first thing you notice is that in the highlight she never finishes with her off hand(right), doesn't drive right, but she is a talent and we would love to have her, but she is going to have develop that right hand, if she goes right she is going to shoot a jumper, she has to be a threat to attack the basket from either side and finish with either hand because of shoot blockers,

I have evaluated our top 5 prospects this past summer

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
now thats just crazy..... I just cant envision any scenario where a student applies to more than 10.... really cant see applying to more than 5. Perhaps things have changed since the late 1980's when i was going through that process.
Actually, with my daughters recently done with college, you can't imagine how many students apply to 10 or more schools. Some to see where they will get the most scholarship or financial aide. Others for other reasons!

Well you'd better enjoy it now :rolleyes:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
as a evaluator the first thing you notice is that in the highlight she never finishes with her off hand(right), doesn't drive right, but she is a talent and we would love to have her, but she is going to have develop that right hand, if she goes right she is going to shoot a jumper, she has to be a threat to attack the basket from either side and finish with either hand because of shoot blockers,

I have evaluated our top 5 prospects this past summer

Evaluated for whom?

Reaction Score
WONK: I can't name names here and I don't have their records, but two of them are playing football at Florida State two at THE Ohio State, and the other three at Bama.
Ummmm... That would be 7. That's just like Bama, inflating their 2 recruits into 3

Reaction Score
Ummmm... That would be 7. That's just like Bama, inflating their 2 recruits into 3

RW: another good grin here. Damn abacus.....lets me down every time I try to figger things without taking my shoes off.

Reaction Score

I have evaluated our top 5 prospects this past summer[/quote

GF: AND????? It's Christmas time, Man.....give us something...........

Reaction Score
It is very hard to narrow down your choices. For instance I narrowed my Christmas list down to 34 items and my wife also 'criticized':mad: me so I can sympathize with Asia. ;)

Reaction Score

I did give you something.....I've given you clues of who UConn considers the most important recruit in the 2015 class.

There are scouts like me all over, we are former college coaches and pro scouts for men's and women's basketball, we are at high school and AAU games because we have been given names to evaluate for college and pro potential, we don't carry a clipboard or anything, we watch for certain attributes and skills and then we write an evaluation of the player and there college and potential and report it to the powers that be,

That's why I said before do not put too much stock in the ranking that are open to the public because 95% of the people doing those ranking have never played or basketball, and have a pay for ranking mentality, if you look at some of the rankings they never give the player deficiencies they love to tell you how many points they score, and that doesn't mean you are a great players it mean they can score, there is much that go into a real evaluation, I watched the USA U16 team over the Internet and watched these players, one was MVP, one shot and made 3's, one was like the glue and could do a lot of things well, one has to get in better shape and increase her skill level, I could continue....

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I did give you something.....I've given you clues of who UConn considers the most important recruit in the 2015 class.

There are scouts like me all over, we are former college coaches and pro scouts for men's and women's basketball, we are at high school and AAU games because we have been given names to evaluate for college and pro potential, we don't carry a clipboard or anything, we watch for certain attributes and skills and then we write an evaluation of the player and there college and potential and report it to the powers that be,

That's why I said before do not put too much stock in the ranking that are open to the public because 95% of the people doing those ranking have never played or basketball, and have a pay for ranking mentality, if you look at some of the rankings they never give the player deficiencies they love to tell you how many points they score, and that doesn't mean you are a great players it mean they can score, there is much that go into a real evaluation, I watched the USA U16 team over the Internet and watched these players, one was MVP, one shot and made 3's, one was like the glue and could do a lot of things well, one has to get in better shape and increase her skill level, I could continue....

Is the period key not working on your keyboard?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Be careful around toll booths. Also steer with at least one hand. You can beat your chest with just one you know.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
We kind of already know that. She's probably "The Get" from 2013/2014/2015/2016.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
now thats just crazy..... I just cant envision any scenario where a student applies to more than 10.... really cant see applying to more than 5. Perhaps things have changed since the late 1980's when i was going through that process.
/quote]

More kids than you think get to at least 10. I agree that it's insane, but more common than ever. 5 or so used to be the norm. Kids usually know what school is a true "safety" school and certainly more than 2 of those is worthless. Ditto for a "reach" school, if a kid wants one or two. Than tops, 3 schools where the kid fits the acceptance profile from the middle percentile and up. More than that is a waste of application fee. Chances of getting into 1 of 3 well-identified places are good.

Recruited kids for sports I'm sure have an even more confusing time with x # of programs seeking them. They don't usually have the problem of figuring out who will take them, so really nobody recruiting them is excluded except by the player's own preference. I suppose an occasional athlete who is a being reasonably heavily recruited will go to a a "better" program or school not recruiting them and try to walk on, but I'd think it quite rare. If a kid is being offered by a Duke or a Stanford but is dying for Harvard or Yale or MIT, maybe they seek them out, but I'd think that those kids find a way to communicate to the schools and the coaches at the universities they want and probably aren't that focused on the sport as a professional option.

Reaction Score
I wonder why people are so hung up with her, UConn already has an excellent incoming class. Let other schools have some hope! Geno only needs one champion to make a statement. He can always get another star athlete for 2015 or 2016! Otherwise no other No 1 picks will choose UConn in those two years..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom