Ashlynn Shade at game today | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ashlynn Shade at game today

Reaction Score
Hmm ... I am not saying this happened and I certainly hope it didn't, but if Ashlynn walked out of Gampel yesterday and said to her parents, "Oh well, forget them", or if her parents told her that Geno is such a jerk that they would never allow her to play for him, then I wouldn't expect to see her at the Butler game. If she does come to that game, then we can be pretty sure that neither of those things has happened.
Geno was pretty mellow yesterday in my opinion. He knows how short-handed the team is and how hard the players are trying, and it looks like he is letting them play without blowing his top. If he yelled at someone on the team, I must have missed it.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
He was mellow, noticed it right away. I actually enjoyed his presser, you could understand him, not a lot of breaks between words, didn't spend a lot of time with his hair, in other words, he acted like most other coaches talking after a game. I liked this guy, he really sounded genuine with his answers. Sometimes his sarcasm ruins the interview, but this one was actually enjoyable to watch. Maybe the problems with the team is making him humble, on second thought, Naaa.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Oh no, although the walk back from it might not stop at the pew. More typically just before the recessional hymn, I'm not much of a singer anyhow. And the one to worry about was Mother Helena Mary, Irish brogue and all.
True story: i pulled that move (left mass early after communion by walking by pew) once. I was focused on watching an early NFL game that was being played in London The trouble was my daughter was one of the alter server for the mass and I was supposed to bring her home with me. She caught a ride home with a neighbor found her mother and the two began an intervention. They began by turning off my game to make sure they had my full attention.

Reaction Score
True story: i pulled that move (left mass early after communion by walking by pew) once. I was focused on watching an early NFL game that was being played in London The trouble was my daughter was one of the alter server for the mass and I was supposed to bring her home with me. She caught a ride home with a neighbor found her mother and the two began an intervention. They began by turning off my game to make sure they had my full attention.
You left your own daughter standing at the alter ?? That's a lot of purgatory time.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Question. What is a potential recruit allowed to do on an unofficial visit? More to the point, can she talk to the current players?

Exact dates are proscribed by the NCAA. See the above for the dates and descriptions of allowable activities.

Recruits can take an unofficial visit any time she likes. Here’s a link to the rules on official visits.

Regarding contact, a recruit or her parents may initiate contact at any time, even during a dead period, however any coach or representative of the program is limited in their communication. They can answer questions but they can’t actively recruit. I remember seeing Chris Daily at a game and a recruit’s mother went up to her and gave her a big hug. This was during a dead period. CD gingerly gave a brief hug, nodded and smiled, but backed away as soon as manners allowed. That’s the rules.

Speaking of NCAA rules, fans need to keep their distance from recruits, no matter what point in the recruiting calendar. Don’t offer ANYTHING to the recruit, no food, no t-shirts, no gifties of any kind. Well, you can give her a Kleenex if she sneezes but NOTHING else. It’s best to do nothing more than smile and say welcome, if you must, but don’t do anything that the NCAA or unfriendly fans of other teams can point to as “recruiting”.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/11

NOBLESVILLE — The Mt. Vernon girls basketball regular-season schedule was built to test the team before the postseason in February.

On Tuesday night, the host Class 4A No. 4 Noblesville Millers provided the 4A Marauders with an impactful lesson.

Millers’ standout guard Ashlynn Shade, a 5-foot-10 junior, scored a game-high 34 points with University of Connecticut women’s coach Geno Auriemma in attendance, and the Marauders’ came up short, falling 64-30.

Reaction Score
1/11

NOBLESVILLE — The Mt. Vernon girls basketball regular-season schedule was built to test the team before the postseason in February.

On Tuesday night, the host Class 4A No. 4 Noblesville Millers provided the 4A Marauders with an impactful lesson.

Millers’ standout guard Ashlynn Shade, a 5-foot-10 junior, scored a game-high 34 points with University of Connecticut women’s coach Geno Auriemma in attendance, and the Marauders’ came up short, falling 64-30.
This would seem to be an extremely good sign! I'm starting to believe the rumors!

Reaction Score
I've probably spent about 2 hours watching Ashlyn Shade videos today and reading about her. That girl is a tremendous athlete. Even as a Freshman she had a great handle and I don't see her making a lot of turnovers. Her dad is a solid coach and she's had professional training. Fundamentally very sound. She's a lot like Paige in her overall game ( really ). Great pull up jumper, and the quickness to create it. Possibly the best thing about her is her defense. She has Nika's defensive intensity and is in such good shape that girl just doesn't stop. It is rare but she is defensively very gifted. She's the total package folks and if she does come to Uconn as has been indicated recently she would be a huge asset. Of all the players on Uconn, the player she reminds me of the most is Paige. She's probably a better overall athlete than Paige with maybe not quite the shooting touch but quicker and stronger with similar skills. If you watch her game closely she has obviously put in a similar amount of work as Paige in developing her game. No one on Uconn has her handle already except Paige ( even better than Azzi). She's that advanced. I know that is shocking but watch her workouts even as a Freshman. The best comp I can think of would be Texas's Rori Harmon but she's probably better overall than one of this year's great freshmen. I know this is a rave review. She's probably not Paige overall ok, but she has a lot of similar abilities and personal attributes and one of them ( I bet ) is her willingness to work hard to get better. She lives and breaths basketball and appears to put in the time to improve. She is an athlete who is already optimized to get the most out of what she has to offer. One thing that is pretty surprising is you don't see a lot of internally created hype for her. Her hype looks real and organically created. She is getting street cred just from being damm good.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I've probably spent about 2 hours watching Ashlyn Shade videos today and reading about her. That girl is a tremendous athlete. Even as a Freshman she had a great handle and I don't see her making a lot of turnovers. Her dad is a solid coach and she's had professional training. Fundamentally very sound. She's a lot like Paige in her overall game ( really ). Great pull up jumper, and the quickness to create it. Possibly the best thing about her is her defense. She has Nika's defensive intensity and is in such good shape that girl just doesn't stop. It is rare but she is defensively very gifted. She's the total package folks and if she does come to Uconn as has been indicated recently she would be a huge asset. Of all the players on Uconn, the player she reminds me of the most is Paige. She's probably a better overall athlete than Paige with maybe not quite the shooting touch but quicker and stronger with similar skills. If you watch her game closely she has obviously put in a similar amount of work as Paige in developing her game. No one on Uconn has her handle already except Paige ( even better than Azzi). She's that advanced. I know that is shocking but watch her workouts even as a Freshman. The best comp I can think of would be Texas's Rori Harmon but she's probably better overall than one of this year's great freshmen. I know this is a rave review. She's probably not Paige overall ok, but she has a lot of similar abilities and personal attributes and one of them ( I bet ) is her willingness to work hard to get better. She lives and breaths basketball and appears to put in the time to improve. She is an athlete who is already optimized to get the most out of what she has to offer. One thing that is pretty surprising is you don't see a lot of internally created hype for her. Her hype looks real and organically created. She is getting street cred just from being damm good.
This is your second reference to Ashlynn Shade as having acquired "street cred". I'm curious to know what you mean by this, why it would be a desirable thing. and what it has to do with her immense basketball abilities.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is your second reference to Ashlynn Shade as having acquired "street cred". I'm curious to know what you mean by this, why it would be a desirable thing. and what it has to do with her immense basketball abilities.
I think he means a solid reputation but chose to use some slang instead.

Reaction Score
866E18C9-F297-44C8-8D5F-E3E37A721DEB.jpeg

Reaction Score
A good guide of what is allowable on unofficial visits is at this link:

A guide to official visits is at this link:

Not only can recruits talk to members of the current team this is highly encouraged so that the recruit can get an idea of what the campus life is like outside of the basketball program. Based on the negative comments from Saylor's mother this was clearly something that Saylor did now get done during her visit to UCONN.
i think saylor was a bit too young maturity wise. not all young recruits can adapt quickly

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom