Ashlynn Shade at game today | The Boneyard

Ashlynn Shade at game today

Reaction Score
Figured I'd make a separate thread so this didnt get buried in the recruiting thread. Too bad she wont be experience the student section being filled up but glad she made the trip to Storrs! Especially since she been to Tennessee multiple times already.

Reaction Score
Figured I'd make a separate thread so this didnt get buried in the recruiting thread. Too bad she wont be experience the student section being filled up but glad she made the trip to Storrs! Especially since she been to Tennessee multiple times already.

She and her dad wear UConn sweater already ...

Reaction Score
Nice to see her visit. But would she want to play behind Caroline and Azzi?!?!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This was an "unofficial visit," so my gut is she/dad picked up the sweatshirt on the family Shade dime. I've also seen her in Volunteer Orange.
This was definitely an unofficial visits because Shade is class of '23 & cannot take official visits until April 8th of 2022. Regardless if the visit is official or unofficial that sweat shirt "must" be paid for by mom, dad, or Ashlynn. Sweatshirt, team gear & swag bags are not permissible expenses during a recruiting visit. The only allowable expenses during unofficial visits are tickets to school athletic events. For official visits the allowable expenses get expanded to travel, room, meals and reasonable entertainment.

Reaction Score
This was definitely an unofficial visits because Shade is class of '23 & cannot take official visits until April 8th of 2022. Regardless if the visit is official or unofficial that sweat shirt "must" be paid for by mom, dad, or Ashlynn. Sweatshirt, team gear & swag bags are not permissible expenses during a recruiting visit. The only allowable expenses during unofficial visits are tickets to school athletic events. For official visits the allowable expenses get expanded to travel, room, meals and reasonable entertainment.
Question: with some other teams when they get a recruit to visit, we see pictures of the recruit in that team uniform...who pays for that?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Question: with some other teams when they get a recruit to visit, we see pictures of the recruit in that team uniform...who pays for that?
That process is entirely voluntary and paid for by the school. The recruits don't get to keep those uniforms and the NCAA says that you cannot put the recruits name on those uniforms.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pretty sure UConn does, but the player doesn’t get to keep the uniforms.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That process is entirely voluntary and paid for by the school. The recruits don't get to keep those uniforms and the NCAA says that you cannot put the recruits name on those uniforms.
I feel like that was Tennessee’s go to move for a while, putting kids names on a uniform. One of our players relayed that when she talked about how Tennessee recruited her in high school.

Anyone else remember that?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I feel like that was Tennessee’s go to move for a while, putting kids names on a uniform. One of our players relayed that when she talked about how Tennessee recruited her in high school.

Wasn’t it Shea? I think she said something along the lines of, “It was like Orangeman went in there and threw up everywhere “. Coulda been Tamika, too.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

I thought it was Ann Strother

The entire Tennessee team wore T-shirts with Strother's baby picture on it during her recruiting visit. Somehow those T-shirts found their way in to Strother's suitcase for the plane ride home.

Reaction Score
Glad to see her at the game. Thought Tennessee had a lock on her based on the number times she visited there. Just goes to show you it’s never over until the fat lady sings.
Was this her official visit? If it was and they left after 3 periods without closure with Geno or CD, it doesn’t look to good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom