Ashland @ Connecticut - 11/05/17 - Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Ashland @ Connecticut - 11/05/17 - Game Thread

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Won't Meg start next season irrespective of whether it's the 2 or the 3, Milford? A starting lineup of Crystal, Lou, Meg, Pheesa and Z would be potent. Would you rather see Meg at the 2 and Lou at the 3? I'm thinking it might work better the other way around but, from my perspective, both of them are 2.5s so it may not matter.
Meg certainly may. Unless Christyn is really, really, really good. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hadn’t thought about next year’s starting lineup yet - that one might be better than THIS year’s. In any case it’s so logical that it’s practically cast in stone already and, thankfully, there will be no need for any “starting lineup” debate on the BY next summer.

On edit: IF Z is still with us...
That doesn't mean there will be no debate. ;)

I'm picking Crystal, Meg, Lou, Pheesa, and Azura. I assume Z stays.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I always take the “under” on that “Will she return?” bet, and I’m way ahead of the house. WNBA has to look pretty glamorous to a college player (get paid, don’t have to go to class, no homework) (if they only knew how good they’ve got it now - 5 star hotels, chartered flights...). Anyway, I’m hoping Z is the exception.
Z can compare charter flights at UConn with being run over by the Greyhound bus at Duke. :)

Reaction Score
That doesn't mean there will be no debate. ;)

I'm picking Crystal, Meg, Lou, Pheesa, and Azura. I assume Z stays.
That is a very risky assumption. But obviously she would have to stay in order to be in the starting lineup ;)

Anyway I hope you’re right, but I’m going to enjoy watching her this year - just in case.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Tough grader! ;)

No. I just look at other things. They had a good game, just not an A game. It was their 2nd exhibition game, so next weeks game against Stanford, I expect they will definitely bring their A game.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
The first half was quite a display by the Huskies. Crisp passing, accurate shooting, a flock of take-aways, aggressive rebounding, and general UConn basketball smartness. When they are “on,” it’s like watching ballet.
I agree. But be careful: I said that last year and was rebuffed. (evidently basketball ain't ballet)

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I agree. But be careful: I said that last year and was rebuffed. (evidently basketball ain't ballet)

Well, at least you’re not alone in your madness. I find the movements of athletes entertaining, and beyond that, often quite beautiful. Watching Gabby fly to the rim is both powerful, yet beautiful. Same with Pheese in the paint. The blindingly fast movement of the ball, the tenacity of the defense, the magical assists are things that every team wants to get right, but relatively few can do...at least not to Geno standards. When the Huskies are doing their genuine best, they leave you saying just “wow.”

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That is a very risky assumption. But obviously she would have to stay in order to be in the starting lineup ;)

Anyway I hope you’re right, but I’m going to enjoy watching her this year - just in case.
I may be wrong, but here’s why I think she stays:

Geno wouldn’t have taken her without a commitment to play 2 years.

She can be a starter if she stays.

She’s having fun.

She’s attached to Lou and Pheesa.

As good as she is, she’ll benefit from another year under Geno.

A’ja Wilson may be the #1 pick in 2018.

Z could be the #1 pick in 2019–or part of a UConn 1-2-3 sweep again.

Reaction Score
No, that was a number given by the game crew today. I think Camara told them that but Geno said he didn't know after the game.

Thanks. I missed the portion of the game in which the announcer talked about her. Just heard it while watching the game tape.

So thankful that it wasn't an ACL tear. Must have been really frightening for that young lady at first. Best of luck to her. Let's hope that she doesn't rush anything and hurt herself more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom