Arkansas Scouting Report | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Arkansas Scouting Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The numbers are all well and good but in a one game scenario 1 or 2 3 pt. Shots made for either side make it not mean much. We don’t have drive and pop shooters, we score from inside and on putbacks and from 3, sometimes drive and dish. Just value the ball and don’t give them 2nd shots works for us.
Yeah it's more about recognizing tendencies than fortune telling.

Reaction Score
Bill Murray appreciates the nerds:
1679503350091.gif

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
One thing that worries me is that Joey and Alleyne have been making 3-4 3s per game lately and it’s hard to see them even getting shots up against the length Arkansas has on the perimeter.

Doomed

Reaction Score
One thing that worries me is that Joey and Alleyne have been making 3-4 3s per game lately and it’s hard to see them even getting shots up against the length Arkansas has on the perimeter.

Doomed
As long as we’re at it: one thing that worries me is if the game is close at the end, their guards ability to create on the open floor, and drive to the hoop will give them an advantage.

Doomed

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Arkansas fans are very aware of the fact that Musselman rarely loses in March when he has 5+ days of prep. But, I do expect UConn to win by a bucket or two and for this to be a rock fight and foul fest.
A foul fest is something I hope we avoid. When UConn went through it's rough stretch earlier this season they were fouling a TON. We lost to Marquette in the Big East Tournament because of foul trouble as well.

My biggest concern is how tightly the game is called, because if it's a tight whistle around the rim that favors the play style of Arkansas as a drive heavy team vs UConn who does not drive as much.

Should be a great game with tons of athleticism on display from both sides.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
We are 356th of 363 teams in 2 foul participation so Hurley hardly ever even plays guys with 2 fouls. Although he did it with Calcaterra last game and it worked
Joey is probably the 1 guy who you can do that with because of our depth at the 2 spot.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Karaban will make a few to take up the slack.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Arkansas fans are very aware of the fact that Musselman rarely loses in March when he has 5+ days of prep. But, I do expect UConn to win by a bucket or two and for this to be a rock fight and foul fest.
I'm guessing he needed at least eight days prep this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom