Arkansas-Pine Bluff Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Arkansas-Pine Bluff Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Missed this one. Going have to fire up the DVR. What should I be looking for? What stood out? I read that Stewart got some minutes.

Stewart had an impressive 4-5 minute run with some very nice offensive moves. I was disappointed when he was taken out and didn’t see another minute in the first half. And especially around the 3 minute mark when Karaban came back in with 2 fouls. What better time not to ride the confidence of the young man. Then 2nd half early he came in for about a minute and was taken out. Strange but there’s others I guess too.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Stewart had an impressive 4-5 minute run with some very nice offensive moves. I was disappointed when he was taken out and didn’t see another minute in the first half. And especially around the 3 minute mark when Karaban came back in with 2 fouls. What better time not to ride the confidence of the young man. Then 2nd half early he came in for about a minute and was taken out. Strange but there’s others I guess too.
7 pts 2 rebs and a steal in 14 minutes; Hurley post-game said he earned more going fwd.

Reaction Score
I've been watching UConn for 40 years, and this offense (which really started early February of last year) is the best we've ever run. In terms of screen/cut/slip/curl, skip passes & hit-aheads etc., even our very best offenses under Calhoun weren't this unselfish and relentlessly good.

Not saying these are the best UConn teams ever, but goshdarn man, this is some beautiful ball.

This is from the other day, but it still stands up, obviously:

Incredible buy-in and execution from these kids at this point in the season. It took us til February last year.

So, you're saying all that movement is planned?:rolleyes:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I knew it wasn't Bilas. But I still keep thinking that was Bilas's voice.
Weird. After our game I was flipping between several games yesterday and in two games playing at the same time I thought Bilas was doing the commentary. And he was not at any of those games.

Reaction Score
Ha! Mrs TomTom asked me during the game “Why is Bilas doing this game?”
Thought it many times during the game. Intonation, detailed analysis, so similar. Thought he must have worked on an imitation of Bilas. Didn't even fast forward past the Yak-Yak of the announcers just before the start of the second half to see who it was.

I liked it.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
When you can run the half court stuff that we run, having a fast break is just icing on the cake. My guess is that it’s there if we need it as the season goes on. But we get layups, wide open 3s, dunks at will (even against best teams in the country) so why bother at this point?

The other thing it does is make teams play relentless intense defense for long and it takes a toll on them as the game goes on.

So darn impressive to watch. Love this team!
Amen. There is more than one way to wear down an opponent. The passing is something to behold. I think (it happened so fast) I saw Newton in mid air thread a one handed underhand fireball to someone right in traffic that led to a basket. Unreal.

Reaction Score
Its weird ,towards the end of the game when all of the reserves where in the game, that is what a half court set used to look like at Uconn. Lots of one on one and passing and cutting just to pass and cut.

But if you insert even one of Tristan, Alex or Cam into the game and the offense immedietly starts to flow. I love having these young guys around the veterans so they can see how an offense is supposed to work.

Fingers crossed that this becomes the norm as it relates to watching the Huskies run a half court set.

As far as the fast break is concerned ,as good of a shooter as Cam is i haven't seen him to have the ability that Hawkins or even Calcaterra had to hunt that on the move transistion three that lit teams up in transition.

That and of course Andre was just other wordly at grabbing the board pushing the pace and finding one of them.

Reaction Score
Pretty rare to find a player Diarra's size blocking 3 shots in a single game.

Earlier in the thread, the breakdown of defensive schemes against us by Kansas and UNC was absolutely excellent. Makes it clear why it can take quite awhile for players to smoothly execute the offense, and, understand what to do on defense in coordination with their teammates. Impressive that coaches can see this in live game action, scheme a response on the fly when needed, and coach their players to execute the desired actions in timeouts and halftimes, with constantly changing groupings of players.
This is done deal stuff that those less knowledgeable can comment on.
Your focus needs to be on finding us another Karaban!
(In case he develops so much, looks so good holding up this year's NC trophy and declares for the draft......):rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We win by almost 40 and just read an article an CTInsider titled, "UConn overcomes sluggish first half to get past Arkansas Pine Bluff". Get past??? We won by 38 points. Before I read the article I figured we won by 10.
Kind of reminded me of the scroll on the bottom of the screen yesterday during one of the NFL games, “Ravens stun rams in OT thriller, 37-31”. Ravens were almost 8 point faves and rams got a late fg to send it to ot. Why was it stunning ravens won? Cuz he ran back a punt in OT? Comical. Now if rams won , I cud maybe understand the headline.

Reaction Score
As far as the fast break is concerned ,as good of a shooter as Cam is i haven't seen him to have the ability that Hawkins or even Calcaterra had to hunt that on the move transistion three that lit teams up in transition.

IMG_3058.gif

I remember this because I stood up when it went in - my long ass arms actually make the tv broadcast @5:53 lmao - and also because the next time down the floor I thought a Joey C heat check was coming from Cam.

IMG_3059.gif

Reaction Score
Weird. After our game I was flipping between several games yesterday and in two games playing at the same time I thought Bilas was doing the commentary. And he was not at any of those games.
You realize he can do it remotely? And doesn’t even need to watch the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom