Arkansas-Pine Bluff Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Arkansas-Pine Bluff Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I thought it was funny. I think it was 2 games ago, I was watching the game with my dad and made the same comment the announcers did about Karaban might be a better shooter a good 3 or 4 feet behind the college arc.

The ball movement was impressive.

It's a little thing, but I want to see the players keep there hands up a little more on the defensive end on the outside guys. It seems like a few of the guys are getting into the habit of dropping them after an initial closeout.

The ball movement on the offensive end is really fun to watch. It is so much fun to watch a team, where every guy has bought into the system, and they look for each other.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Not sure Danny will be too happy about our 3 pt defense as it was a point of emphasis and we gave up quite a few

Reaction Score
We really also turned it around the boards. We were 3 down at half and then out rebounded them for the game by 14. That means we out rebounded them by 17 in the second which was needed to cut down their extra looks from 3 and blow the game open.

Reaction Score
We win by almost 40 and just read an article an CTInsider titled, "UConn overcomes sluggish first half to get past Arkansas Pine Bluff". Get past??? We won by 38 points. Before I read the article I figured we won by 10.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Trap game that first 15mins I guess, but full throttle easy 40pts in the end. Solo is looking good, Castle is sharpening up, Alex making up for his prior misses - man, I love this team. Stewart's and-1 was impressive, I think we're looking good for next year with him and Ball.

I'm with everyone else here - the fluidity of the offense is impressive. It's a bit different than last year but the overall premise of grinding down your opponent remains.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Missed this one. Going have to fire up the DVR. What should I be looking for? What stood out? I read that Stewart got some minutes.

Reaction Score
Our freshmen are growing fast right in front of our eyes.

Ball is very impressive with a monster block and coast to coast lay up. He will be ready earlier than expected.

Stewart showed promises to be next man off the bench and ready to contribute.

Castle’s defense is suffocating. Wait until he is fully healthy.

Reaction Score
You are No Tom! Tom would have had the box score with minutes to lead us off! I am spoiled
Unfortunately I don't know how to do that. Here's the link to the boxscore though:

When it comes to basketball topics I think I'm way better than Tom. When it comes to asking for advice about buying anything in my life then I come up way short to Tom. :)

Reaction Score
Pretty rare to find a player Diarra's size blocking 3 shots in a single game.

Earlier in the thread, the breakdown of defensive schemes against us by Kansas and UNC was absolutely excellent. Makes it clear why it can take quite awhile for players to smoothly execute the offense, and, understand what to do on defense in coordination with their teammates. Impressive that coaches can see this in live game action, scheme a response on the fly when needed, and coach their players to execute the desired actions in timeouts and halftimes, with constantly changing groupings of players.

Reaction Score
Pretty rare to find a player Diarra's size blocking 3 shots in a single game.

Earlier in the thread, the breakdown of defensive schemes against us by Kansas and UNC was absolutely excellent. Makes it clear why it can take quite awhile for players to smoothly execute the offense, and, understand what to do on defense in coordination with their teammates. Impressive that coaches can see this in live game action, scheme a response on the fly when needed, and coach their players to execute the desired actions in timeouts and halftimes, with constantly changing groupings of players.
He’s had 2 games with multiple blocks this year. Probably had to learn good timing being the smaller, younger brother lol.

Reaction Score
Not sure Danny will be too happy about our 3 pt defense as it was a point of emphasis and we gave up quite a few
He won’t be happy about it but we are the champs and teams are going to hit 3’s against us because they know they have to. That’s how it goes being the hunted

Reaction Score
I was just looking at the Play-By-Play with the boxscore. With 2:34 left in the first half the Huskies were up 33-31 after 2 free throws by APB. With 2:35 left in the 2nd half the lead peaked at 45, 101-56, after Diarra's 2 free throws. So over a 20 minute span the Huskies outscored APB 68-25. That's a pretty good 20 minutes of basketball.

Reaction Score
I've been watching UConn for 40 years, and this offense (which really started early February of last year) is the best we've ever run. In terms of screen/cut/slip/curl, skip passes & hit-aheads etc., even our very best offenses under Calhoun weren't this unselfish and relentlessly good.

Not saying these are the best UConn teams ever, but goshdarn man, this is some beautiful ball.

Incredible buy-in and execution from these kids at this point in the season. It took us til February last year.

I don't know if it's the best. Calhoun's offense's ran off of good defense with fast breaks and ball screens.

Calhoun's motion offense, when ran effectively with good guard play, big men inside and forwards slashing to the hoop was fun to watch.

Hurley's offense is brilliant, but I'm not sure if it's better than JC's offense of the past.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't know if it's the best. Calhoun's offense's ran off of good defense with fast breaks and ball screens.

Calhoun's motion offense, when ran effectively with good guard play, big men inside and forwards slashing to the hoop was fun to watch.

Hurley's offense is brilliant, but I'm not sure if it's better than JC's offense of the past.
It’s much better. Not for any reason than that modern offense is just much better than it was in the 90s and 00s. Analytics changed a lot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom