Arkansas games this week | The Boneyard

Arkansas games this week

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
These are not designated as 'exhibition' games so I assume they are part of their
regular season schedule....prior to our game on Sunday November 14.

They play Tarleton State on Wednesday.
They play Arkansas Pine Bluff on Friday.
I would think some nosy Boneyarders...or even an Arkansas fan or two...might post those scores
here.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
They added Goforth from Oregon State and look to be a perimeter type team, no starters over 6’2”. Still have Ramirez who played well against us last year. No Dungee.

The two cakewalks they have before us gives UConn a good chance to scout them.

Reaction Score
They were a very good team last year, many very good 3 point shooters, not sure how they lost 9 games last year. This could be closer than we like, could even put the 301 year streak of no two consecutive losses in jeopardy. Hopefully no Dungee cuts down on their foul shots and our foul trouble.

Reaction Score
They were a very good team last year, many very good 3 point shooters, not sure how they lost 9 games last year. This could be closer than we like, could even put the 301 year streak of no two consecutive losses in jeopardy. Hopefully no Dungee cuts down on their foul shots and our foul trouble.
pretty simple........they are dependent on outside shooting..........if they don't shoot well against an efficient offensive rival they loose.......

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
They added Goforth from Oregon State and look to be a perimeter type team, no starters over 6’2”. Still have Ramirez who played well against us last year. No Dungee.

The two cakewalks they have before us gives UConn a good chance to scout them.
Arkansas has 2 very talented 6’4” freshmen: Wolfenbarger & Dauda. Both will see time against UConn. The good news is that they are both freshmen. Goforth is a nice addition to their team.

Ramirez is a great catch and shoot 3-pt threat, but not in the same class as Dungee or Slocum who could shoot off the dribble. I expect Christyn to neutralize Ramirez on defense.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In the Arkansas game last year, we got creamed in Q3 and had to mount a furious comeback in Q4 that fell short. Arkansas shot 13-23 from 3m which is an insane 57%. The reason they lost 9 games or so is because they did not shoot it that well in other games.

Dungee was 4-5, Ramirez 5-10, and Daniels 3-4. They did lose Dungee and Slocum, 2 starters. We not only bring everyone back, but have way better depth. Last year Griffin started. Ono had 2 points. I assume Griffin will be replaced by Edwards in the starting lineup. If Olivia falters at all, Dorka will jump right in. I will he SHOCKED if our MOV in a win is not larger than 20.

Also this is a home game for UCONN - at the XL center. Last year the loss was at Arkansas.

Last season, Arkansas lost by 22 to SC and 15 to Tennessee not to long after beating us. They hit 7 3's vs. SC and 9 against Tennessee. Slocum wasn't much of a 3-point threat, but without Dungee, it seems like they will rely mostly on Ramirez and Daniels. I'm REALLY looking forward to this game. UCONN will (or should) have revenge on their mind, and knows exactly how Arkansas beat us last season. Like I said, I will be surprised if this game is close.

Arkansas won their exhibition game vs. UAFS 114-55. Lots of players scored in double figures. Wolf played well.

Hogs Win Lone Exhibition, Take Down UAFS, 114-55

HOG HIGHLIGHTS
  • Fort Smith native Jersey Wolfenbarger nearly double-doubled against the Lions, going for 8 points and nine boards.
  • Redshirt senior guard Amber Ramirez lit it up to start the game, scoring eight straight. She would finish with 14 points and four triples.
  • Junior guard Marquesha Davis also got into double-figures, scoring 11 points.
  • Fellow junior Makayla Daniels did it all in this one, posting 11 points, while dishing five assists and nabbing a team-high six steals.
  • Freshman forward Emrie Ellis and junior forward Erynn Barnum each pulled down nine rebounds.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Among ESPN panel of expert’s picks for the upcoming season was Sean Hurd pickI got Wolfenbarger to be FOY.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The Tarleton State Texans women's basketball team represents Tarleton State University, located in Stephenville, Texas. Through the 2019–20 season, the team competed in NCAA Division II as a member of the Lone Star Conference. The Texans will begin a four-year transition to NCAA Division I in July 2020, joining the Western Athletic Conference.

Arkansas Pine Bluff is in the SWAC.

So a team transitioning to D1 and a D1 minnow.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In the Arkansas game last year, we got creamed in Q3 and had to mount a furious comeback in Q4 that fell short. Arkansas shot 13-23 from 3m which is an insane 57%. The reason they lost 9 games or so is because they did not shoot it that well in other games.

Dungee was 4-5, Ramirez 5-10, and Daniels 3-4. They did lose Dungee and Slocum, 2 starters. We not only bring everyone back, but have way better depth. Last year Griffin started. Ono had 2 points. I assume Griffin will be replaced by Edwards in the starting lineup. If Olivia falters at all, Dorka will jump right in. I will he SHOCKED if our MOV in a win is not larger than 20.

Also this is a home game for UCONN - at the XL center. Last year the loss was at Arkansas.

Last season, Arkansas lost by 22 to SC and 15 to Tennessee not to long after beating us. They hit 7 3's vs. SC and 9 against Tennessee. Slocum wasn't much of a 3-point threat, but without Dungee, it seems like they will rely mostly on Ramirez and Daniels. I'm REALLY looking forward to this game. UCONN will (or should) have revenge on their mind, and knows exactly how Arkansas beat us last season. Like I said, I will be surprised if this game is close.

Arkansas won their exhibition game vs. UAFS 114-55. Lots of players scored in double figures. Wolf played well.

HOG HIGHLIGHTS
  • Fort Smith native Jersey Wolfenbarger nearly double-doubled against the Lions, going for 8 points and nine boards.
  • Redshirt senior guard Amber Ramirez lit it up to start the game, scoring eight straight. She would finish with 14 points and four triples.
  • Fellow junior Makayla Daniels did it all in this one, posting 11 points, while dishing five assists and nabbing a team-high six steals.
  • Freshman forward Emrie Ellis and junior forward Erynn Barnum each pulled down nine rebounds.
Arkansas also lost a third starter in Thomas who did a lot of their inside work on defense and the boards last season.

Reaction Score
Is SNY the only way to watch the Arkansas game or is this going to be televised by FS1 or ESPN plus?

Reaction Score
Arkansas has 2 very talented 6’4” freshmen: Wolfenbarger & Dauda. Both will see time against UConn. The good news is that they are both freshmen. Goforth is a nice addition to their team.
Dauda is recovering from ACL injury and will not play this game (and probably not this season).

Reaction Score

HOG HIGHLIGHTS
Sasha Goforth was the leading scorer (17p, 5r, 3s, 2a, 2b in 20 minutes) and adds a lot to the team this year as a versatile scorer and strong defender. Elauna Eaton is back from injury and is an elite outside shooter. We (Arkansas) have better depth this year than last although certainly the loss of Dungee and Slocum hurts. In addition to RS Freshman Eaton, there are three freshmen who look to be significant contributors -- Wolfenbarger, Ellis, and Spencer with the latter two likely being much better than they were rated. I don't think we will win but I'm not expecting a blowout.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sasha Goforth was the leading scorer (17p, 5r, 3s, 2a, 2b in 20 minutes) and adds a lot to the team this year as a versatile scorer and strong defender. Elauna Eaton is back from injury and is an elite outside shooter. We (Arkansas) have better depth this year than last although certainly the loss of Dungee and Slocum hurts. In addition to RS Freshman Eaton, there are three freshmen who look to be significant contributors -- Wolfenbarger, Ellis, and Spencer with the latter two likely being much better than they were rated. I don't think we will win but I'm not expecting a blowout.
@Ozarkansas

Great job joining the BY in time give us the lowdown on Ark. :)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
For all our height even last year, the ONO and AE combo only scored 8 points for the whole game. I am thinking that ONO, AE, Dorka triumvirate will at least double that effort this year. Plus UConn committed an uncharacteristic 23 fouls to Arkansas 13... (hmm, SEC country home reffing?)...
You can't win without an experienced backcourt and I don't think this early season match-up helps Arkansas, add in the payback factor and this group will be motivated.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Is SNY the only way to watch the Arkansas game or is this going to be televised by FS1 or ESPN plus?
All games that are televised on SNY is carried only by FS1 via their app. ESPN and it's affiliates can not televise any SNY game because they don't have the rights to those games like they did when UConn was with the AAC.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am not able to go pass Saturday on the ESPN app. I will definitely check later in the week, and post whether they will be broadcasting Arkansas vs UConn. I know that's how they broadcasted years before. ALL UConn games broadcasted on SNY were also broadcasted on ESPN3.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
They were a very good team last year, many very good 3 point shooters, not sure how they lost 9 games last year.
The reason they lost 9 games or so is because they did not shoot it that well in other games.
Arkansas was a very good team in Fayetteville, mediocre at best everywhere else.

At home they went 12-1, including wins over two top-5 teams (Baylor and UConn), with their only loss by 1 point to Texas A&M.

They went 7-8 in road and neutral games. The best teams they beat out of these 7 wins were Wake Forest and FGCU (playing without Kierstan Bell) in late November.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
For me, this is the first stop on the 'Unfinished Business Tour'. I want to see a manifestation of the killer instinct missing by our predecessor. I want to see Arkansas down early and the team have no letup in intensity. I want to see 'in your grill' defense on every possession and I want the offense to execute perfectly every time down the floor. I would like this team to announce to the WCBB world, 'do not judge this team on last year's team'. The Immaturity is gone we are back to playing UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
It should be a nice early season match up for both teams. Our beloved UConn squad returns some solid experienced players going against Arkansas with a whole new set of players and talent. Both teams could be learning new offensive systems. I know Arkansas is moving away from most of their Dribble Drive stuff and moving to a more free flowing system. Like others have stated, and Coach Neighbors love the 3-Ball, Arkansas is going to launch some 3-point shots. Plus or minus, it is early, hopefully those shots are off and our UConn players get the ball and push the tempo. I am hoping that Coach Geno presses a little. We got a roster full of talented players. Use those rascals!! Get them out there and open up the game. Push the Tempo, Coach Geno.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom