Arkansas games this week | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Arkansas games this week

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I am not able to go pass Saturday on the ESPN app. I will definitely check later in the week, and post whether they will be broadcasting Arkansas vs UConn. I know that's how they broadcasted years before. ALL UConn games broadcasted on SNY were also broadcasted on ESPN3.
ESPN can't broadcast the SNY games on any of their networks because the Big East's main affiliate is FOX. They didn't broadcast any of SNY's games last year, because they were on the FoxSports1 app.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
ESPN can't broadcast the SNY games on any of their networks because the Big East's main affiliate is FOX. They didn't broadcast any of SNY's games last year, because they were on the FoxSports1 app.
UConn games broadcasted on SNY were also broadcasted on ESPN3 last year. I watched them both ways. The games broadcasted on FS1, FS2 and CBSSN ARE NOT broadcasted on ESPN3. As stated above I will check ESPN3 and ESPN+ later this week, because the schedule will not let me go pass Saturday.

Reaction Score
They were a very good team last year, many very good 3 point shooters, not sure how they lost 9 games last year. This could be closer than we like, could even put the 301 year streak of no two consecutive losses in jeopardy. Hopefully no Dungee cuts down on their foul shots and our foul trouble.

As good as they were against UConn and Baylor at home they stunk away from home.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
UConn games broadcasted on SNY were also broadcasted on ESPN3 last year. I watched them both ways. The games broadcasted on FS1, FS2 and CBSSN ARE NOT broadcasted on ESPN3. As stated above I will check ESPN3 and ESPN+ later this week, because the schedule will not let me go pass Saturday.
FOX owns the rights to all Big East games period. ESPN only broadcasted UConn games that were either away games such as Arkansas, Baylor, or games that ESPN has rights to such as "Play for Kay" games. Not one SNY game was carried on ESPN3 last year because the contract that SNY has with FOX stipulates that only FOX has the rights to broadcast their games to area's that's out of SNY's coverage area. ESPN3 did cover SNY when UConn was affiliated with the AAC. Go to ESPN's Division I Schedule for the 14th and this is what you will see for Arkansas at UConn. Any game that ESPN is covering has what partner it is on, the one below is blank. Meaning no ESPN or their affiliates.

Arkansas

#2 UConn
10:00 AMXL Center, Hartford, CT

Last edited:

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
FOX owns the rights to all Big East games period. ESPN only broadcasted UConn games that were either away games such as Arkansas, Baylor, or games that ESPN has rights to such as "Play for Kay" games. Not one SNY game was carried on ESPN3 last year because the contract that SNY has with FOX stipulates that only FOX has the rights to broadcast their games to area's that's out of SNY's coverage area. ESPN3 did cover SNY when UConn was affiliated with the AAC. Go to ESPN's Division I Schedule for the 14th and this is what you will see for Arkansas at UConn. Any game that ESPN is covering has what partner it is on, the one below is blank. Meaning no ESPN or their affiliates.

Arkansas

#2 UConn
10:00 AMXL Center, Hartford,

Thank you!! I see the Arkansas vs UConn game isn't being broadcasted on ESPN3 along with SNY. I guess I was spoiled last year :).

Reaction Score
Dauda is recovering from ACL injury and will not play this game (and probably not this season).
Correction: I heard now that she has just been medically cleared to play (she injured her knee last year in her senior high school season). However, no word whether she actually will play or take a redshirt. Regardless, she is unlikely to be in position to contribute meaningful minutes in the near future.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I just wanted to update my post. Arkansas vs UConn will not be broadcasted on ESPN3. The game is only being broadcasted on SNY. Maybe after the game someone will post it on youtube :). *I was spoiled last year, I could watch our games both ways.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I just wanted to update my post. Arkansas vs UConn will not be broadcasted on ESPN3. The game is only being broadcasted on SNY. Maybe after the game someone will post it on youtube :). *I was spoiled last year, I could watch our games both ways.
Hope SNY puts together a nice extended pregame (season opening) show. Anyone have any details?

Reaction Score
I watched the men's game on the Fox Sports App last night. Great broadcast, easy to navigate the app. Sunday's game will be on this app. The good thing about the app is that if you are joining late or miss it, the game is available for a couple of days.

Reaction Score
Last year they pulled Liv outside and had Dungee drive with wild abandon into the lane and none of our defenders could stop her. We gave them lots of free points at the foul line. We need to leave a big at home to stop that. They also killed us by hitting an unusually high amount of threes. How Geno defends this team will be interesting. He has so many more pieces to use as he said in his presser after the Fort Hays scrimmage he can change game to game or matchup to matchup. Now if I can get the game on anything other than Fox Sports app I will be in heaven. I used to miss parts of some games due to their streaming failures. I actually signed up for youtube tv after others said how good it was. I don't know if the shorts and sandals life is worth it in Fla. I might have to move back north but I gave away my shovels and ice choppers and salt.

Reaction Score
Ramirez is a great shooter, but she doesn’t present nearly the challenge that Dungee & Slocum presented last year. Ramirez is basically a catch and shoot 3 pt threat. Dungee and Slocum could beat defenders off the dribble.
true but she's the best three point shooter they have this season and she can go off for 20 plus points quite easily if not hounded.....

Reaction Score
Daniels last year stayed in the right corner and when the drivers were stopped or collapsed on they fed her and she was drillin and thrillin the crowd with corner threes. Aaliyah or Caroline are long enough if they zone them to get out and pull a long arm in her face.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If anything close to that happens on Sunday it will be mighty ugly for them. I am more interested in how we defend than in how we score.
I watched some of the game. Tarleton is not a good team. Many of Arkansas’s misses were wide open shots. UConn has significantly more length and athleticism and will challenge many of those shots.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Oh, Geno gets plenty of information and advice from the BY. He doesn't pay attention to any of it as his record will attest, but he gets a lot.
That’s right. Geno has a plethora of very capable and knowledgeable coaches and advisers at his disposal all season here in the yard if he needs us. He knows that. :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
For me, this is the first stop on the 'Unfinished Business Tour'. I want to see a manifestation of the killer instinct missing by our predecessor. I want to see Arkansas down early and the team have no letup in intensity. I want to see 'in your grill' defense on every possession and I want the offense to execute perfectly every time down the floor. I would like this team to announce to the WCBB world, 'do not judge this team on last year's team'. The Immaturity is gone we are back to playing UConn basketball.
HuskyinSC, I love this post, and agree 100% with its content and direction. I nominate it for Post Of The Day!! (POD) :) This should be a “statement“ game in more ways than one as you mentioned in the last two sentences.

Last edited:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
HuskyinSC, I love this post, and agree 100% with its content and direction. I nominate it for Post Of The Day!! (POD) :) This should be a “statement“ game in more ways than one as you mentioned in the last two sentences.
Thank you! That's high praise from the Great and Powerful, All-Knowing Carnac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom