Arizona writer takes a shot at Taurasi | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Arizona writer takes a shot at Taurasi

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Does anyone expect a thread to maintain only one course? If it's an interesting thread there are typically a few detours.
There are detours and then there are complete divergences...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I actually tend to agree with you. I know we all talk generally about the big 3 from the senior class this year who will be drafted, but there's no indication EDD wants to play pro ball, nor that she'd consider traveling any distance from home to do so. Heck, a 4 hour drive from Delaware to UCONN was too much for her. I could see her only going to the Mystics since i think DC is a lot closer to Delaware than UCONN is.

Right now the bottom 4 teams are NY, Washington, Phx and Tulsa. If it stays that way, it's possible EDD could say "Washington or no one". If anyone else drafts her, they'd need to trade her to the Mystics.

The WNBA does not require the time commitment that being a college student does. It is a pretty short season and EDD would have more freedom to travel to DE. Playing at UCONN was a much bigger time commitment.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
There are detours and then there are complete divergences...

That's why being a good passenger who enjoys the scenery along the way is a valuable asset. There is always a task-master willing to get you back on course.

Reaction Score
I must be the only WCBB fan that thinks Delle Donne may not want to play pro ball.

I'd be concerned about using a high pick for her unless I was near Delaware...even if she decides to play for the money...she make take the Summers off with the exception of USA Team activities. It will be interesting when she starts talking about it!

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I actually tend to agree with you. I know we all talk generally about the big 3 from the senior class this year who will be drafted, but there's no indication EDD wants to play pro ball, nor that she'd consider traveling any distance from home to do so. Heck, a 4 hour drive from Delaware to UCONN was too much for her. I could see her only going to the Mystics since i think DC is a lot closer to Delaware than UCONN is.

Right now the bottom 4 teams are NY, Washington, Phx and Tulsa. If it stays that way, it's possible EDD could say "Washington or no one". If anyone else drafts her, they'd need to trade her to the Mystics.

She has been quoted to have said that she will play wherever she's drafted. But she most likely will not ball overseas.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, here in AZ, the summer is "at worst" no worse than in the NE (we think it is better) and there is no comparison when it comes to winter.
Then 'splain something to me. I went to Phoenix over New Year's weekend 2010/2011 to see UConn play in the Fiesta Bowl and stayed with my brother while I was out there. His pipes froze because of the low temps overnight! Of course, it didn't help that the pipes run outside of the house but, geez.

(My apologies to Alex for dragging the thread further afield. Such is life on the Boneyard)

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Then 'splain something to me. I went to Phoenix over New Year's weekend 2010/2011 to see UConn play in the Fiesta Bowl and stayed with my brother while I was out there. His pipes froze because of the low temps overnight! Of course, it didn't help that the pipes run outside of the house but, geez.

(My apologies to Alex for dragging the thread further afield. Such is life on the Boneyard)

If pipes were on the outside of a house in northern Connecticut, there's a good chance they would freeze in November, rather than waiting until January. Therefore, the "no comparison when it comes to winter" statement holds.

Reaction Score
If pipes were on the outside of a house in northern Connecticut, there's a good chance they would freeze in November, rather than waiting until January. Therefore, the "no comparison when it comes to winter" statement holds.

I remember my brother-in-law telling me it was 115 degrees and two percent humidity when he was moving into his new home in Phoenix. Not sure that's a push with a New England summer...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
That's how it was in Texas. Pipes on the outside must be wrapped before a freeze and the water left trickling in each faucet. I've been in Denver 12 years and never worried about a frozen pipe.

Reaction Score
I find it difficult to disagree with the article. He has a salient point.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

Like someone said, the pipes outside need to be wrapped. There are some "hard" freezes at times as they call them, but for instance last winter there were none. A "hard" freeze is when it is cold long enough to freeze pipes, etc. A more common "soft" freeze means the temperature drops to below freezing, but doesn't stay there.

Daytime is typically in the 50's at worse. A dusting?? of snow. In NJ, we measured snow in inches. There were weeks where we didn't see 50. Nuf said.

t-gal

T for Trouble
Reaction Score
Craig Fouhy must have never served in our military. Clearly Dee, appreciates all who has.. Not to show off, I think she gets U....S.....A....! :)

dandI.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't think EDD is a good fit for Phoenix. The run'n'gun style goes completely against her nature. New York on the other hand, running Whisenant's half court game, seems like a very good place for her, especially because defenses will have to keep collapsing on a driving Cappie. All EDD has to do is spot-up at the arc weak-side and wait for Cappie to kick out. Deadly combination.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I don't think EDD is a good fit for Phoenix. The run'n'gun style goes completely against her nature. New York on the other hand, running Whisenant's half court game, seems like a very good place for her, especially because defenses will have to keep collapsing on a driving Cappie. All EDD has to do is spot-up at the arc weak-side and wait for Cappie to kick out. Deadly combination.

I'd like that combo also.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

Using info from another thread, I suggest that Master Baiters realize it is good to have your pipes cleaned, regarding the reduction of winter freezes.

Reaction Score
Using info from another thread, I suggest that Master Baiters realize it is good to have your pipes cleaned, regarding the reduction of winter freezes.
Must you bring up Jerry Sandusky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits