Arizona Memories | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Arizona Memories

Reaction Score
We've had some fun and memorable games against the Wildcats, what's your favorite?

Mine? My freshman year in December of 2000, an otherwise young and inexperienced Husky team pulls off the upset at home thanks in no small part to a phantom goaltending call on Loren Woods in the closing seconds. Probably the highlight of an otherwise disappointing season that had hints of some major success to come. Rushing the court was pretty fun! (I know, I know, act like you've been there before)

I was a freshman then also. I vividly remember pushing Richard Jefferson out of the way as I rushed the floor and he kinda looked at me and laughed. Great memory. I still am laughing about the yellow jacketed security trying to stop everyone.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We've had some fun and memorable games against the Wildcats, what's your favorite?

Mine? My freshman year in December of 2000, an otherwise young and inexperienced Husky team pulls off the upset at home thanks in no small part to a phantom goaltending call on Loren Woods in the closing seconds. Probably the highlight of an otherwise disappointing season that had hints of some major success to come. Rushing the court was pretty fun! (I know, I know, act like you've been there before)

I won four second row, mid-court tickets for that game in a charity auction. Brought three friends and we had a great time; the thing I remember most was one of my friends yelling “Fudge!!!” at Billy Packer, who was right in front of us, right as the mayhem broke out when we won. Packer looked horrified. We laughed for years about that.

Reaction Score
What’s crazy about that 2000 game was the talent AZ had. Forget Loren Woods who never amounted to anything, they had Richard Jefferson, Gilbert Arenas, Wright, Walton, etc. UConn had Butler, a freshman Taliek, Selvie, Robertson. Caron was best on the floor but damn looking back Zona should’ve run us off the floor.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
it truly is terrifying watching it without seeing it hit the rim

We've sent people to the Hague for less than this terrorism.

Reaction Score
My favorite Arizona memory is also my favorite Syracuse memory:

4>1.

C

Chief00

I was looking for that!
Loren Woods ducking for cover! LOL!

What this game illustrates to Chief is the value of a number of tough rebounding/ shot blocking Bigs that you can rotate at the 4 and 5 positions. That is a vulnerability this season and I know the coaches are working hard to fortify that those positions. .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom