Arizona Memories | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Arizona Memories

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
We've had some fun and memorable games against the Wildcats, what's your favorite?

Mine? My freshman year in December of 2000, an otherwise young and inexperienced Husky team pulls off the upset at home thanks in no small part to a phantom goaltending call on Loren Woods in the closing seconds. Probably the highlight of an otherwise disappointing season that had hints of some major success to come. Rushing the court was pretty fun! (I know, I know, act like you've been there before)

I was on the balcony of a condo in Maui watching that game. It was extra special watching it in paradise.

Reaction Score
Amazing that Gordon and Okafor weren't even top 50 recruits. Wonder when we'll get a pair like them again.

Reaction Score
2005 Maui invitational. Not greatest memory but another good guy win. Only thing I remember was being half asleep trying to watch it. A few beers in and this was when Maui games were played in middle of night east coast time.

Reaction Score
Been said 1000x over...they need to do a Sports Science segment regarding how that Horne 3 did not go in. Watching as a freshman at Storrs I fell to the floor in disbelief. No celebration just stunned silence in the room.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The wide open 3 at the buzzer was missed by Horne. I believe Okwandu contested a Williams 3 earlier in that possession. Who would have thunk Solomon Hill would have the superior NBA career of the Zona forwards in that game.

Most nut shrinking three in UCONN history for me (I think Chrissy L's make was a two?).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I just remember beating San Diego State in 2011 and waiting for the adrenaline to come back down while watching Zona-Duke. I'm pretty sure Duke had a close to 10 point lead at halftime, then Arizona just absolutely crushed them in the 2nd half. I was really nervous about playing essentially a road game against that team.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I just remember beating San Diego State in 2011 and waiting for the adrenaline to come back down while watching Zona-Duke. I'm pretty sure Duke had a close to 10 point lead at halftime, then Arizona just absolutely crushed them in the 2nd half. I was really nervous about playing essentially a road game against that team.

Williams statement game. Incredible how duke just could not stop him off the bounce. At all.

He had that jump stop going.

And he shot like 60% from 3 that year and he was a decent ft shooter.

I thought he’d have to be more of a wing to make it cause he didn’t really have any big guy skills like post moves or rim protection. But his game was built on drives. Not many 4s drive like that.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I still think Horne's shot is going in every time. I know it isn't. But...it still looks like it is, man.
Been said 1000x over...they need to do a Sports Science segment regarding how that Horne 3 did not go in. Watching as a freshman at Storrs I fell to the floor in disbelief. No celebration just stunned silence in the room.
Most nut shrinking three in UCONN history for me (I think Chrissy L's make was a two?).

Funny how so many of us feel this way... myself included. I can see the shot in my head clear as the day it happened. Once it missed and the game ended, I also didn't immediately celebrate because that shot scared the out of me so much. It was relief more than anything.

I think it was the TV camera angle which made the shot look good as soon as it left his hand. But it back-rimmed.

Also, I couldn't help but feel that after all of Kemba's late-game heroics that year that we were DUE for our own kick in the nads. Thank God it didn't happen.

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Funny how so many of us feel this way... myself included. I can see the shot in my head clear as the day it happened. And I also didn't even immediately celebrate because that shot scared the out of me so much.

I think it was the TV camera angle which made the shot look good on TV as soon as it left his hand. But it back-rimmed.

Also, I couldn't help but feel that after all of Kemba's late-game heroics that year that we were DUE for our own kick. Thank God it didn't happen.

It was definitely lined up. I will forever maintain lamb forced him to change his trajectory just enough to cause the misfire. Look at how high the shot goes to get over Lambs condor wings. A normal shot is sent back like Hakim Warrick on Lee in the 03 title game

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
It was definitely lined up. I will forever maintain lamb forced him to change his trajectory just enough to cause the misfire. Look at how high the shot goes to get over Lambs condor wings. A normal shot is sent back like Hakim Warrick on Lee in the 03 title game
Lamb's late contest with his go-go-gadget arms definitely was just enough to be the difference

Reaction Score
Beating them in Maui and watching Lute getting passed at Calhoun was fun.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Also, I couldn't help but feel that after all of Kemba's late-game heroics that year that we were DUE for our own kick in the nads. Thank God it didn't happen.

As it went up, my mind thought "really, this is how this is gonna end? this is fair?"

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Edmund Saunders almost brought the rim down.

Reaction Score
Loved the 2011 tourney runs. I watched every UCONN game at the Cask n’ Flagon. Kemba made that two weeks the greatest sports bar-watching experience of my life.

Reaction Score
As it went up, my mind thought "really, this is how this is gonna end? this is fair?"
it truly is terrifying watching it without seeing it hit the rim

Reaction Score
Will be interesting. AZ not ranked. At least UC has a few points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom