Arizona Memories | The Boneyard

Arizona Memories

Reaction Score
We've had some fun and memorable games against the Wildcats, what's your favorite?

Mine? My freshman year in December of 2000, an otherwise young and inexperienced Husky team pulls off the upset at home thanks in no small part to a phantom goaltending call on Loren Woods in the closing seconds. Probably the highlight of an otherwise disappointing season that had hints of some major success to come. Rushing the court was pretty fun! (I know, I know, act like you've been there before)

Reaction Score
I agree. That game was the highlight of the season. Rushing the court and standing next to 7’2” Justin Brown was great. I don’t know if fans should rush the court two seasons after a title, but it seemed like the right idea at the time.

Reaction Score
I'd have to say the Elite 8 game in 2011. More on the line with that game. To this day I still have nightmares about Arizona's missed shot in the last minute. I thought that definitely was going down.

Another favorite was the game out in Tucson in 2002 when Ben and Emeka were freshmen and lead the team to the win. Ben had 23 points and 9 assists and Emeka had 19 points and 15 rebounds. That was their coming out party on national TV. I remember they interviewed both of them together on court after the game.

Reaction Score
I'd have to say the Elite 8 game in 2011. More on the line with that game. To this day I still have nightmares about Arizona's missed shot in the last minute. I thought that definitely was going down.
For reals, that 3 from Derrick Williams had me shook. I thought he would do better in the league. Seems like he turned out to be a tweener.

Reaction Score
The 100-98 game at their place in 02-03 remains one of the best games I’ve ever seen.
It was 2001-2002. January 26, 2002. The year UConn lost to Maryland in the Elite 8. That team was very young but stacked with talent. Caron and Taliek were sophomores and Ben and Emeka were freshmen. Tony Robertson was a junior.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It was 2001-2002. January 26, 2002. The year UConn lost to Maryland in the Elite 8. That team was very young but stacked with talent. Caron and Taliek were sophomores and Ben and Emeka were freshmen. Tony Robertson was a junior.
Oh. Yep.

Reaction Score
Still can’t believe that 3 didn’t go in.

I have nightmares about it.

Reaction Score
For reals, that 3 from Derrick Williams had me shook. I thought he would do better in the league. Seems like he turned out to be a tweener.

The wide open 3 at the buzzer was missed by Horne. I believe Okwandu contested a Williams 3 earlier in that possession. Who would have thunk Solomon Hill would have the superior NBA career of the Zona forwards in that game.

Reaction Score
The wide open 3 at the buzzer was missed by Horne. I believe Okwandu contested a Williams 3 earlier in that possession. Who would have thunk Solomon Hill would have the superior NBA career of the Zona forwards in that game.
Either way, I remember being really worried about Williams in that game. He was crazy good that year. I think he shot it over 50% from 3 that year. Thanks for the correction, I think my memory of it might be a bit beer addled from that run.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Honestly, it was almost hard to enjoy the win immediately after the buzzer in 2011 because of the horror of the thought of that last shot going in. I swear it's still going in.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Didn't Johnny Time have a great game?

Reaction Score
Yeah, it was truly Okafor's coming out party. I don't think anyone coming into the season had a clue that Okafor would turn out to be so good so fast.

Reaction Score
We've had some fun and memorable games against the Wildcats, what's your favorite?

Mine? My freshman year in December of 2000, an otherwise young and inexperienced Husky team pulls off the upset at home thanks in no small part to a phantom goaltending call on Loren Woods in the closing seconds. Probably the highlight of an otherwise disappointing season that had hints of some major success to come. Rushing the court was pretty fun! (I know, I know, act like you've been there before)

Few assistants of note with weasley Josh Pastner and our very own Tom Moore! Feels good to have him back where he belongs. Zona may have different thoughts. We should have an honor the feds day just for kicks before the game to see if Miller shakes at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom