Arizona in the Final Four in Phoenix. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Arizona in the Final Four in Phoenix.

Reaction Score
It's a borderline tragedy that the NYC metro, or the entire NE, doesn't have a venue that can host Final Fours. There's not even an east coast venue in any upcoming FFs. would be curious as to why they can't play the FF in Atlanta.
I agree that Atlanta is the glaring omission in terms of appropriate domed venues. The cost of construction in the northeast just keeps franchises from building the required domed stadium. Yankee Stadium in 2009 was $1.5B. MetLife was $1.6B in 2010. Mercedes Benz a state of the art domed stadium in ATL was $1.6B in 2019.

Reaction Score
And get this. The University of North Carolina has played a total of 69 NCAA tournament games in their home state of North Carolina.
I'm not surprised by either of those numbers for UNC and Dook. I doubt there's any other program that comes close. It's partly due to bias, but a lot to do with $$ since their fan bases fill up whatever sized venue in NC you put them in.

When it comes to regional final venues, no program should be given home cookin' year after year.

Reaction Score
Haven’t there been years where the UConn women play in storrs, then bridgeport, then Mohegan? I’m exaggerating but it does seem like that. And yes I understand why

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Um -- you may want to look up the definition of "native." Just saying.
Hey, if a person who was born in Connecticut identifies as an Arizona native I'm not sure we can question it.

Reaction Score
Haven’t there been years where the UConn women play in storrs, then bridgeport, then Mohegan? I’m exaggerating but it does seem like that. And yes I understand why
I think the recent was NC State complaining about Bridgeport. Which I get. And is ironic.

But yes, for the women's game - maximize attendance. And hopefully that grows and changes. For the Men's game, it seems that a NC location is not needed every year for attendance.

Reaction Score
If we play in Brooklyn and Boston, then we really have nothing to complain about.

But 2009 playing Mich St in Detroit was rough indeed.

I don't think that Arizona fans are nearly as obnoxious as Mich St fans though.
Or unc in Greensboro in 1998-elite 8
Or Texas in Dallas (I believe in 2003)-sweet 16
Or sd st in Cali in 2011 -sweet 16
Thought there was another one too that I’m missing

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Vs UCLA in Oakland in 96.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
How come MSG doesn't seem to be a final four venue?

Reaction Score
How come MSG doesn't seem to be a final four venue?
Not big enough. Think the NCAA says minimum seating for 40,000. Think the Trop in 1999 just made it. But you know they like the biggest venues because they're greedy.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Vs UCLA in Oakland in 96.

2003 vs Texas was in San Antonio.

We also were matched up against Ohio St in Cincinnati (1992) and Florida in Miami (1994).

Reaction Score
Hey, if a person who was born in Connecticut identifies as an Arizona native I'm not sure we can question it.
In AZ after completing five years of year round residency your an official native.
Snow Birds can never meet the requirements

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We got harassed after the game- a group of MState fans pushed my wife (there were too many for me to woop their ass). We booked the first fight we could to get out of there.
That entire Detroit experience was brutal. Not Detroit per se, Sparty. Every trip to the bathroom was a gauntlet of abuse. Nevermind before and after.

Reaction Score
If we play in Brooklyn and Boston, then we really have nothing to complain about.

But 2009 playing Mich St in Detroit was rough indeed.

I don't think that Arizona fans are nearly as obnoxious as Mich St fans though.
Saw them in Denver in 96. Their cheerleaders were quite impressive.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
That entire Detroit experience was brutal. Not Detroit per se, Sparty. Every trip to the bathroom was a gauntlet of abuse. Nevermind before and after.
100%. I ended up purchasing tickets through UConn despite zero university affiliation, and as I soon learned, so did the entire MSU student body. I held my own but it was unpleasant. I found my way to a UConn section for the second half.

Reaction Score
100%. I ended up purchasing tickets through UConn despite zero university affiliation, and as I soon learned, so did the entire MSU student body. I held my own but it was unpleasant. I found my way to a UConn section for the second half.
The strange thing is that after the game since they won you would have thought that they would have been cooler, but they were still even though they should have been happy that they won.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom