Arizona getting devastated by Stanford | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Arizona getting devastated by Stanford

Reaction Score
Baylor and South Carolina are kicking themselves after watching this
Why? They lost. They probably would have gotten their butts kicked as well. The message, paraphrasing Horace Greeley: “Go west, young girl, go west.”

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Then why was the ref signalling that the ball was kicked by Zona?

One ref called a foul. The first was up and they reported numbers to the table.

Reaction Score
That last minute was just abysmal coaching by everyone.

Horrid job by both coaches down the stretch
That's the play called by AZ coach. Stanford had 3 players defending McDonald. Have her throw it underneath for a layup. And on previous play, Stanford dribbles the ball without even trying to take a shot for a shot clock violation. No wonder it took Stanford all those years to win another championship.

Reaction Score
Big difference in winning or losing a poker game or a neighborhood ball game with some kids.... as opposed to a National Semifinal or Final.
Not so much.
Someone wins.
Someone loses.
Someone is gracious.
Someone sticks out the middle finger and shouts “ You!”
Real winners will tell you “ act like you’ve done it before,”
Arizona Coach->Classless.
{out}

Reaction Score
After her last shot, Aari McDonald was wondering, "Where is Dee Kantner when I need her?"

Reaction Score
On that kick, they called a foul. That’s why it was Stanford ball
No foul with 2 min. 3 seconds left it was kicked out of bounds by Lexie Hull but they said out of bounds on Arizona. Refs couldn't look at replay until 2 minutes left. Replay showed off Stanford.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a huge blowout. Did Arizona even bother coming back on the court for the second half?
I think they did because luckily they didn't read my post..... ( I already admitted i erred in my rush to judgement and the foolishness of my post.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
No foul with 2 min. 3 seconds left it was kicked out of bounds by Lexie Hull but they said out of bounds on Arizona. Refs couldn't look at replay until 2 minutes left. Replay showed off Stanford.
OTOH, Arizona got 18 free throw attempts and Stanford got 2. And half our starters spent a significant portion of their time on the bench w/ foul trouble on the basis of a few questionable calls. So it's easy to pick and choose what should or should not have been called. That was definitely a blown foul, but on the whole, I don't think the officiating decided that game.

Reaction Score
OTOH, Arizona got 18 free throw attempts and Stanford got 2. And half our starters spent a significant portion of their time on the bench w/ foul trouble on the basis of a few questionable calls. So it's easy to pick and choose what should or should not have been called. That was definitely a blown foul, but on the whole, I don't think the officiating decided that game.
Never said it did just described that play.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Check the game log at 2:03.

They called a foul on Thomas.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The OP was a day early and had the wrong 2 teams, but otherwise accurate. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom