Arizona getting devastated by Stanford | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Arizona getting devastated by Stanford

Reaction Score
If that is the best team I’m not worried about next year. Stanford is tall, not very athletic and doesn’t shoot it all that well. With the freshman and more experience that is hardly a team I would sweat coming into next year. Least impressive team I have seen in championship game

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Very true . What was Williams doing on Stanford’s last possession .

I haven’t seen a worse coaching and player decision since geno let Chong even touch the ball against miss st.

Just abysmal.

Williams was focused on burning the clock. It why was the play design brink catching the ball at the 3pt line with 3 seconds on the shot clock?

Reaction Score
I thought the last play was not drawn up well or executed well. Unfortunate to have a last second heave with 6 seconds left.
Stanford really defended the inbounds well & forced McDonald outside. I'm sure she wanted to catch it driving to the basket, but that was denied.

Reaction Score
If that is the best team I’m not worried about next year. Stanford is tall, not very athletic and doesn’t shoot it all that well. With the freshman and more experience that is hardly a team I would sweat coming into next year. Least impressive team I have seen in championship game
Agreed, and they lose their senior backcourt.

I think next year Uconn and South Carolina will be at the top with who they return and bring in. Stanford, Baylor, and Louisville all lose big time talent.

Congrats to Stanford and Tara, well deserved.

the Q

Reaction Score
Stanford really defended the inbounds well & forced McDonald outside. I'm sure she wanted to catch it driving to the basket, but that was denied.

She had a teammate wide open and instead attacked a triple team.

Barnes should’ve called time out when she was trapped.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that Zona got messed over by the refs the last 2:00+ minutes of the game, starting with the kick ball by Stanford that was called off of Zona. Then there were two fouls by Brink that weren't called, the first where she pushed the Zona player and the refs gave the ball to Stanford saying the Zona player landed out of bounds with possession of the ball. Second where she did a hard hip check on a Zona player and knocked her down, that was a illegal block. McDonald should have passed the ball at the end when Stanford triple teamed her instead of trying to dribble out and take a bad shot. By the way Stanford went 10 of 16 on their layups, if UConn had done that Friday they win. Oh and congrats to Tara and Stanford.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I can't believe or understand what Stanford's play was during their last possession, even after they took a timeout for the play. Their guard just stood there and dribbled the time away and then passed it (or tried to) a player that was half way between the 3 pt line and half court with only 2 or 3 seconds left on the 30 second clock.
They didn't earn the win, they lucked into it.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Should be noted Stanford's very young. They have a stockpile of talent on the roster and coming in.

Reaction Score
I can't believe or understand what Stanford's play was during their last possession, even after they took a timeout for the play. Their guard just stood there and dribbled the time away and then passed it (or tried to) a player that was half way between the 3 pt line and half court with only 2 or 3 seconds left on the 30 second clock.
They didn't earn the win, they lucked into it.

williams was pretty sub par the entire game

Reaction Score
isn't it amazing how the team that beats your team in the semis always "sucks" in the finals...........I think the correct medical term is the "if onlys".......... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

the Q

Reaction Score
I believe that Zona got messed over by the refs the last 2:00+ minutes of the game, starting with the kick ball by Stanford that was called off of Zona. Then there were two fouls by Brink that weren't called, the first where she pushed the Zona player and the refs gave the ball to Stanford saying the Zona player landed out of bounds with possession of the ball. Second where she did a hard hip check on a Zona player and knocked her down, that was a illegal block. McDonald should have passed the ball at the end when Stanford triple teamed her instead of trying to dribble out and take a bad shot. By the way Stanford went 10 of 16 on their layups, if UConn had done that Friday they win. Oh and congrats to Tara and Stanford.

On that kick, they called a foul. That’s why it was Stanford ball

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Very true . What was Williams doing on Stanford’s last possession .
Do you think Tara told Williams to do just that, or maybe Williams just did not pull off what she was told? The coach can tell them what to do, but the player has to execute.

Reaction Score
I thought the last play was not drawn up well or executed well. Unfortunate to have a last second heave with 6 seconds left.
Wasn’t even really a play - it was just Aari saying “I’m going to shoot”, and to heck with the open players all over the court. Of course if she gave it up, she’d be criticized for not taking the shot, so she was in sort of a no win situation there, unless she could free herself for a decent look. If she was 5-11 she might have had a chance to shoot a more clean shot.

Arizona‘s defense was flat out legit though. Last 17 games, the only time they gave up 60 in regulation was when Stanford had 62. That’s insane - given the quality of their opponents. I think we should be a little less harsh on ourselves for looking bad, since it’s a long time since anyone has looked good against them (although a couple more layups would have been nice). At a certain point, everyone else doesn’t have a bad day on offense every time they play you just by random accident.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom