Status
Not open for further replies.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
1515gt.jpg

Reaction Score
image.jpeg
Hello UConn faithful! It's that time of year again, Cincinnati at UConn. 11:30AM. CBS Sports Network. This is what college football is all about. Bowl implications will be in the October air and The Rent will be absolutely rocking. UConn has given Cincinnati fits in recent years and this will be no different. Bob Diaco will have his squad ready to go and as a Cincinnati fan I'm very concerned with this game. The last time Cincinnati made the trek to the Rent we got the win but had to fight tooth and nail for it. I can't wait for the game, should be a great one.

Prediction: Cincinnati 52 UConn 3

Reaction Score
The only beating we're going to get is from slapping each other's hands in celebration after slaying the Bearcats. My prediction UCONN 28 Bearcats IDGAF. UCONN ROLLS
Well, you may want to GAF because if the Bearcats score more than 28, UCONN loses.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Diaco on Ray Dunaway this morning on 1080:

Ray- "Come on Coach let's put up 35 points already!" (joking)
BD- "Hahaha... 35 Points! Ray, I'd love to" (like it can't really ever happen with this offense)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Cincy's tallest wideout is 6'2". So we've got that covered. HCBD will have to come up with a different way to lose this one.
Their wideouts could be in body casts and the UConn secondary would have problems on coverage
Yep as HCBD said he's got guys in the secondary who will be working Sundays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (McDonalds? Subway?)

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Hate to break it to you, but the Bearcats aren't exactly world-beaters. Also, i take issue with your saying, "This is what college football is all about." If college football is about two middling teams matching up for an insignificant game while they simultaneously try to scratch and claw their way out of an equally insignificant conference, then sure, this is what college football is all about

Reaction Score
Hello UConn faithful! It's that time of year again, Cincinnati at UConn. 11:30AM. CBS Sports Network. This is what college football is all about. Bowl implications will be in the October air and The Rent will be absolutely rocking. UConn has given Cincinnati fits in recent years and this will be no different. Bob Diaco will have his squad ready to go and as a Cincinnati fan I'm very concerned with this game. The last time Cincinnati made the trek to the Rent we got the win but had to fight tooth and nail for it. I can't wait for the game, should be a great one.

I thought RutgersAl was bad.... This tops it.

I know you are joking, but for Rutgers Al's sake, I somewhat hope you actually believe what you wrote.

Reaction Score
I'm not quite drunk enough to think that we have a chance against Cincy. In fact, not sure I could get that drunk to think we an beat Cincy.

If memory recalls UConn has over the years beaten WVU (thank you lord), ECU, UCF, and UH. But Cincy is the golden ring, in sight but out of reach. Who knows maybe 2016 is the year that we take um. But my money line is 5:1 Cincy, maybe 7:1. Now I will check what the experts in vegas think, or maybe whaler will answer the arb.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm not quite drunk enough to think that we have a chance against Cincy. In fact, not sure I could get that drunk to think we an beat Cincy.

If memory recalls UConn has over the years beaten WVU (thank you lord), ECU, UCF, and UH. But Cincy is the golden ring, in sight but out of reach. Who knows maybe 2016 is the year that we take um. But my money line is 5:1 Cincy, maybe 7:1. Now I will check what the experts in vegas think, or maybe whaler will answer the arb.

Cincy is -3. -145/+125 on the money line or so. Not quite 7:1.

Reaction Score
So i bet cincy straight up $145 and if they win i get $125. And if they lose i forfit the $145? Jesus lot closer than I thought. Hmmmm

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So i bet cincy straight up $145 and if they win i get $125. And if they lose i forfit the $145? Jesus lot closer than I thought. Hmmmm

No you bet $145 on Cinci to win $100.

$100 bet on UConn wins $125

Reaction Score
OK so basically 1.50 to win 1 when i came up with bet 5 to win 1. Wow was I off.

I'm dumb, but I'm not that dumb. If someone asked me to handicap that game I would say Cincy -9. But I'm old enough to know when something looks way way out of line with what Vegas says stay away from that bet.

Cincy looks like give the points and bet the house, but that Vegas line scares me. Maybe UConn will surprise me......it would be about time given our putrid season so far..........can we be that bad. Vegas says maybe not.

Reaction Score
I won't bet UConn but you are missing that Cincinnati really isn't good.

I certainly will defer to your better knowledge of the teams.

The only bets i feel very comfortable with are when I am in the UK at a horse track with a local handicapper, that I know, who can narrow the field down to 3 possible winners. It's uncanny. nd its fun to stroll up and down the boxes to see who is giving the best odds. Also at tht prestigious track in NYC, Aqueduct, I have a similar handicapper who can look at a field of 10 horses and point out the only 3 (or 4) who can possibly win. It's almost like being in XYZ's trading room when they have a large order to sell GBP.

m

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I certainly will defer to your better knowledge of the teams.

The only bets i feel very comfortable with are when I am in the UK at a horse track with a local handicapper, that I know, who can narrow the field down to 3 possible winners. It's uncanny. nd its fun to stroll up and down the boxes to see who is giving the best odds. Also at tht prestigious track in NYC, Aqueduct, I have a similar handicapper who can look at a field of 10 horses and point out the only 3 (or 4) who can possibly win. It's almost like being in XYZ's trading room when they have a large order to sell GBP.

m

I used to travel the country to trade shows alone for work for years. I would go to the local tracks at night for something to do. I lost all my handicapping skills since I almost never go anymore - but I hit three straight tris at Lone Star once which was fun.

I don't have any special insight into Cinci - the market made it three. They can't run the ball at all, they have issues at QB and their talent at WR has fallen off badly. Tuberville commented on the receivers this week.

I suspect the game tomorrow will be close.

Reaction Score
wow - but actually looking at Cincy's performance you do have a good point.

A UConn W would bring some life back to this comatose board.

A beatdown by Cincy would similarly bring death back to this comatose board.

Let HCBD's future be dictated by the result. You have to keep him accountable for something.

Big 12 whatever its almost time for ESPN and CFB to take the next step to the oligarpy staus that they want. Perhaps UConn sneaks in or perhaps UConn is relavated to the cheap seats, with alot of other decent fb schools - but not overall great college catches. I use to believe UConn was UNC north (sans a semi upgrade in fb back in the Edsall days) and I do hang my hat on UConn's potential to be UNC north. But christ, we need some football magic dust.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

How does this clown have 65 likes here?

Reaction Score
I'm confused why some of you take issue with my original post. I know I'm an opposing fan but the only thing I wanted to do was come over and have an intelligent football discussion with you guys. This is going to be a tough game for my Bearcats, Bob Diaco has your program rolling right now and I could see this being only a 14-21 point Bearcat lead at the half. 11:30AM on the road is tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom