Are you ready for this beating? | The Boneyard

Are you ready for this beating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hello, UConn faithful!! I absolutely can not wait for late Saturday afternoon when the UConn Huskies make the trek to Nippert Stadium to face my Bearcats! I see Bob Diaco has your team moving in the right direction as you guys seem much, much better than that mess last year. This is why you come to UConn! This is why you come to Cincinnati! For games like this! 4:30. CBSsportsnetwork! Bowl aspirations in the air! As for the game I fully expect the Bearcats to absolutely embarrass the Huskies! Let's play a good, clean injury free game! Bearcats going to 4-3! Bearcats will win their fifth straight vs UConn!

Reaction Score
Hello, UConn faithful!! I absolutely can not wait for late Saturday afternoon when the UConn Huskies make the trek to Nippert Stadium to face my Bearcats! I see Bob Diaco has your team moving in the right direction as you guys seem much, much better than that mess last year. This is why you come to UConn! This is why you come to Cincinnati! For games like this! 4:30. CBSsportsnetwork! Bowl aspirations in the air! As for the game I fully expect the Bearcats to absolutely embarrass the Huskies! Let's play a good, clean injury free game! Bearcats going to 4-3! Bearcats will win their fifth straight vs UConn!

This is pretty weak stuff! In the old BE days the BY had real nut jobs like RutgersAL with which to contend. You my friend are not even a pale imitation of the greats who have tried to trash talk UConn fans on the BY.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This is pretty weak stuff! In the old BE days the BY had real nut jobs like RutgersAL with which to contend. You my friend are not even a pale imitation of the greats who have tried to trash talk UConn fans on the BY.
In England they'd call this 'great banter'

Reaction Score
WE aren't fat and happy coming off a win, WE are a deserved underdog but this isn't last years team and so WE are on to Cincinnati.

Reaction Score

I'm not here to talk trash. I'm here to talk football. I've watched UConn play Missouri, BYU and Army. The D looks really good at times as that is Diaco's calling card. The offense looks to be improving but to me it looks like it's in slow motion at times. I don't see any game breaking wide outs or running backs that can make big plays. If Diaco can bring some in you'll be on to something.

Reaction Score
Two things are as sure as the sunrise:

1. we will lose to Cincinnati in football;
2. we will beat Cincinnati in basketball

Happens every single year.

You're right about that. I saw your recruiting class for next year... Scary.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Have you blocked out all memories if the BCU trolls? They were breathtaking in their arrogance .

Reaction Score
I'm not here to talk trash. I'm here to talk football. I've watched UConn play Missouri, BYU and Army. The D looks really good at times as that is Diaco's calling card. The offense looks to be improving but to me it looks like it's in slow motion at times. I don't see any game breaking wide outs or running backs that can make big plays. If Diaco can bring some in you'll be on to something.

Please look up Arkeel Newsome. To say we have no game breaking RB's makes you look foolish.

By the way.....you screen name tells me you are either a student or new to college FB, or maybe both.

Reaction Score
Wow, you come on this board with that attitude. I think you must realize your team is 3-3 with a win over Alabama A&M and a 1-6 Miami of Ohio team. When I think Alabama A&M, I think of the great soccer games of the late 70's / 80's vs them.

Who knows you may be right and you give us a beating. But I would not be so confident if I was you. Plus even if you are correct, talking smack with your record is pretty foolish.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I don't think you used enough exclamation points.

Reaction Score
Wow, you come on this board with that attitude. I think you must realize your team is 3-3 with a win over Alabama A&M and a 1-6 Miami of Ohio team. When I think Alabama A&M, I think of the great soccer games of the late 70's / 80's vs them.

Who knows you may be right and you give us a beating. But I would not be so confident if I was you. Plus even if you are correct, talking smack with your record is pretty foolish.

I'm fully aware of the Bearcats struggles this year. I expected this team to be much better than they've showed through 6 games. You did neglect to mention Cincinnati's third win of the year over a decent Miami team, an opponent the Huskies couldn't dream of beating right now. UConn has wins over Villanova, Army and Central Florida. That's right, the two Division 1 teams UConn has defeated are a combined 2-12 and the Huskies' best win is against Villanova. That's sad. This will be the sixth straight year where UConn doesn't qualify for a bowl. Embarrassing. The saddest part of all is the 2015 season has to be considered successful so far because UConn has actually been slightly competitive in most games. What a sad sack program.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm fully aware of the Bearcats struggles this year. I expected this team to be much better than they've showed through 6 games. You did neglect to mention Cincinnati's third win of the year over a decent Miami team, an opponent the Huskies couldn't dream of beating right now. UConn has wins over Villanova, Army and Central Florida. That's right, the two Division 1 teams UConn has defeated are a combined 2-12 and the Huskies' best win is against Villanova. That's sad. This will be the sixth straight year where UConn doesn't qualify for a bowl. Embarrassing. The saddest part of all is the 2015 season has to be considered successful so far because UConn has actually been slightly competitive in most games. What a sad sack program.

You're garbage.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm not here to talk trash. I'm here to talk football.

The football to trash talk switch flipped quickly for ya, eh?

Reaction Score
You are one of the idiot Cincy fans who thought Sean Kilpatrick should win AAC player of the year aren't you? We all know how that one turned out...

Reaction Score
Please look up Arkeel Newsome. To say we have no game breaking RB's makes you look foolish.

By the way.....you screen name tells me you are either a student or new to college FB, or maybe both.
I looked him up. I'll admit it, I was wrong. Arkeel Newsome is an absolute stud. He almost has 400 yards already this year.. That's crazy. I know Leonard Fournette gets most of the pub because he plays on a nationally known team in the SEC but Newsome should get some Hesiman consideration for what he's done at UConn this year. He almost had 100 yards against Central Florida. I apologize, Newsome is a beast, but that's about your only weapon.

Reaction Score
I looked him up. I'll admit it, I was wrong. Arkeel Newsome is an absolute stud. He almost has 400 yards already this year.. That's crazy. I know Leonard Fournette gets most of the pub because he plays on a nationally known team in the SEC but Newsome should get some Hesiman consideration for what he's done at UConn this year. He almost had 100 yards against Central Florida. I apologize, Newsome is a beast, but that's about your only weapon.

Why I tried to communicate with an idiot, I'll never know. I won't even bother to tell you what you missed.

I need to learn to stop feeding the trolls.

Reaction Score
Have we ever won in Cincy?

No, no. The UConn Huskies have not ever won a football game in Cincinnati. The best chance UConn had was in 2009 when the Bearcats of Cincinnati were 9-0 and ranked number 5 in the country. Randy Edsall brought his troops into Nippert Stadium and the Bearcats mounted a comfortable early lead. The Huskies battled tough and made it into an intense nail biter as UConn was a two point conversion away from tying the game in the last 5 minutes. Cincinnati won the game 47-45 as they would finish the regular season 12-0 before getting embarrassed by the Florida Gators in the Sugar Bowl. UConn has beaten Cincinnati twice, 2008 and 2010 at The Rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom