2020 Recruiting: - are we out of the picture with Cliff? (Moderator Cliff notes: Zionn reiterates for the 437th time post 7 this thread we are out!!) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: are we out of the picture with Cliff? (Moderator Cliff notes: Zionn reiterates for the 437th time post 7 this thread we are out!!)

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I’d be surprised if we had less than 12 wins in the BE next year. Let’s not forget the talent and depth we have at positions OTHER than the 5.
Going .500 in the BE is tough. Same for Big 10/ACC. A .500 record in a legit conference is an accomplishment...especially with parity on the rise.

Reaction Score
Akok will be back in 6-8 months
The training staff should be fired if Akok is playing actual basketball games in 6 months.

Edit: I’ll clarify, there’s no historical precedent for someone returning to play actual games that quickly. thatd be reckless to do that with him. We got a first glimpse of KD and he’s at 9 months, still no real timetable of return to action.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This weekend didn't change Cliff's mind?

Reaction Score
6 months? Crazy talk. You're setting yourself up for disappointment. I think absolute best case scenario he comes back in January (if no red shirt) after 10.5 months recovery, based on what we've seen from other ball players with the same injury.
Some NBA players have come back in 7-8 months. The thing that's difficult to gauge how and when he'll come back is that there haven't been that many of these types of injuries and the guys it's happened to were almost all a lot older than Akok and near the end of their playing careers. Everyone who came back was pretty much a worse/much worse player except for Dominique who says he had his best season after returning. Again most were at the tailend anyway so it's hard to guage. Praying Akok will be helped in the process because of his youth and limited playing mileage.

Last edited:

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
I'm I the only one not drinking the Adama Sanogo Kool-Aid? I don't see anything that Carlton can't do, slow and big? Cliff is a different quicker big man, he would be a good fit...Can't we find a athletic big guy?

Reaction Score
I'm I the only one not drinking the Adama Sanogo Kool-Aid? I don't see anything that Carlton can't do, slow and big? Cliff is a different quicker big man, he would be a good fit...Can't we find a athletic big guy?
Yes, you are the only one. He's nothing like Carlton. Sanogo is better than Cliff and a lot better than Josh.

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
Yes, you are the only one. He's nothing like Carlton. Sanogo is better than Cliff and a lot better than Josh.
Cliff is being recruited by Kentucky - No one recruiting Adama is in the Top 25? I see things a little differently I guess :)

Reaction Score
Zion Next'd Cliff a while back and I just saw the title change for this thread :)

"But are we Out Out or just Out?" :D

Reaction Score
Cliff is being recruited by Kentucky - No one recruiting Adama is in the Top 25? I see things a little differently I guess :)
There's 3 schools recruiting him in this screenshot so try again
5A946840-8CA0-4BE0-8E50-466DD84B0748.jpeg

Reaction Score
Talked to a guy at a carwash about it. He said "leave me alone you weirdo." Read between the lines but take with a grain of salt.

fair response but I’m not trolling here.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I’d be surprised if we had less than 12 wins in the BE next year. Let’s not forget the talent and depth we have at positions OTHER than the 5.
Wow - what are you smoking?????
The 5 is going to be so important as is PG in the NBE - neither is a UConn strong point nor will be heading into next season. Gaff is so uneven and the other is new and untested

Reaction Score
The only thing I know for sure is that nobody knows nuttin

Reaction Score
Wow - what are you smoking?????
The 5 is going to be so important as is PG in the NBE - neither is a UConn strong point nor will be heading into next season. Gaff is so uneven and the other is new and untested

You and many others who are doubting RJ Cole are going to feel real foolish next season when he gets a chance to prove himself. He’ll be a top 3 Big East PG. Regarding the 5 spot, not every team is going to have skill and depth at all 5 positions. We have Cole + Gaffney at PG. Bouk + Adams at SG. Jackson + Wilson at SF. Whaley + Springs at PF. We have pieces to work with. The center will be our weak spot but that’s not to say every team doesn’t have a weak spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom