2020 Recruiting: - are we out of the picture with Cliff? (Moderator Cliff notes: Zionn reiterates for the 437th time post 7 this thread we are out!!) | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: are we out of the picture with Cliff? (Moderator Cliff notes: Zionn reiterates for the 437th time post 7 this thread we are out!!)

Reaction Score
just saw a Corey Evans 'Wednesday Leftovers' blurb on Cliff. Several schools mentioned as being in contention but no mention whatsoever of Uconn. So if we are out of it with Cliff who are we prioritizing to get on board for next year. There have been several teasers posted about a lot of action in Spring signings for us ....WHO?

Reaction Score
Basketball Recruiting - Wednesday's Leftovers: Clifford Omoruyi, Texas, Louisville, more

Here's the link to today's article. I read a similar Evans blurb 8 days ago. We got mentioned as being on Cliff's list of OVs.

Omoroyi took an official visit to Auburn in the fall and has seen UConn and Rutgers unofficially, but he’s about to enter visit mode. He’ll start things off on Feb. 19 when he hits Arizona State for an official visit. After going to Tempe, the plan is to hit (in order) Rutgers, UConn and Kentucky for official visits.

The article in the above link makes no mention of us at all. What changed over the last week?!

Reaction Score
Basketball Recruiting - Wednesday's Leftovers: Clifford Omoruyi, Texas, Louisville, more

Here's the link to today's article. I read a similar Evans blurb 8 days ago. We got mentioned as being on Cliff's list of OVs.

Omoroyi took an official visit to Auburn in the fall and has seen UConn and Rutgers unofficially, but he’s about to enter visit mode. He’ll start things off on Feb. 19 when he hits Arizona State for an official visit. After going to Tempe, the plan is to hit (in order) Rutgers, UConn and Kentucky for official visits.

The article in the above link makes no mention of us at all. What changed over the last week?!
Corey Evans getting annoyed at UConn fans all over his timeline last week, that's all.

Reaction Score
1582136692722.gif

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I get the feeling we’re out

Reaction Score
we've been out

This is what I’ve been saying for the past few months and it’s assuring hearing the same from a 10x more reliable source. Again, think however you want but having a senior C and another incoming freshman C is not attractive to recruits. Sanogo might be a different story. He strikes me as a guy who has the confidence to get big minutes no matter who he has to compete with.

Reaction Score

Please stop. Why in the world would you assume that something changed over the last week when no one tells you it has? Some of you treat these blurbs by "recruiting analysts" as if they're official Congressional reports. They're not. They're quick blurbs from people who have trouble earning a living trying to squeak one out. You don't need to hang on every single omission and if you do you don't need to bring it here. You think Brookfield or someone will have info they haven't shared but if you panic based on a tweet like this and ask then they'll tell us?

Reaction Score
Please stop. Why in the world would you assume that something changed over the last week when no one tells you it has? Some of you treat these blurbs by "recruiting analysts" as if they're official Congressional reports. They're not. They're quick blurbs from people who have trouble earning a living trying to squeak one out. You don't need to hang on every single omission and if you do you don't need to bring it here. You think Brookfield or someone will have info they haven't shared but if you panic based on a tweet like this and ask then they'll tell us?
You might want to go read Zionn's post a few scrolls up

Reaction Score
You might want to go read Zionn's post a few scrolls up

But he's been saying that for a while. I don't doubt him -- I still just don't see any reason to assume anything changed in the last week.

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t think this is one to sweat too much. I’ve seen him play and highly highly doubt he’d earn major minutes in his first year. Sanogo is a much better player and even if we miss out on him, I think we’ll survive a season with JC/Javonte Brown Ferguson as our centers. We stay on Etienne and he’s ours.

Reaction Score
But he's been saying that for a while. I don't doubt him -- I still just don't see any reason to assume anything changed in the last week.
Fair, I guess he has been saying we're out for a while. Though I don't see any issues with posting and asking, granted I posted this is another thread this morning so I was wondering the same thing

Reaction Score
how many big east wins constitutes surviving?

I’d be surprised if we had less than 12 wins in the BE next year. Let’s not forget the talent and depth we have at positions OTHER than the 5.

Reaction Score
This is what I’ve been saying for the past few months and it’s assuring hearing the same from a 10x more reliable source. Again, think however you want but having a senior C and another incoming freshman C is not attractive to recruits.

I hear what you’re saying, but that’s not the reason in this particular case.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom