Are we gonna keep pretending... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Are we gonna keep pretending...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
When we lose to a hot shooting mid-major in November next year please don't tell me the team hasn't had the chance to gel.

Reaction Score
"Losing to Yale has got to be rock bottom for this program." - someone on here, probably (2015)

Those were the days, guys. Those were the days.

I still think it was actually... We lost at home to Yale. That trumps losing to Northeastern, Wagner, or on the road at ECU.

Reaction Score
The coaching has left a lot to be desired, but if you think that is the only reason we stink then you do not know what you are talking about. All our best players are either out injured or playing injured. We have zero depth. Guys are playing 40 minutes a game and have to be exhausted. Coaching is a problem but not the only one.
Well, we did lose the first 2 games when 1) everyone was healthy 2) we were at home and 3) we were playing 2 mid-major teams (the kind of "cupcakes" you line up to get a couple quick wins and for your team to get game action before the "real" season begins).

If AG and TL come back healthy next year and we don't come out winning, KO's fanny will be on the hot seat, no question.

Reaction Score
What was the excuse against Wagner or North Eastern? We had a full complement of players in those distasters.

I'd have to call lack of chemistry and familiarity with each other...these excuses can only go so far haha, but that is how I feel about it. Early in the season against 2 experienced teams with a little bit of parody, I don't blame them. Was at both of those games and the team did not look like they were gelling at all, wouldn't blame coaching in those 2.

Reaction Score
I still think it was actually... We lost at home to Yale. That trumps losing to Northeastern, Wagner, or on the road at ECU.

Yale was decent last year... won the ivy and made the tournament and made it to the second round. Losing to Wagner rpi 235 and ECU rpi 227.. far worse.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No, but to pretend that its ok to have 3 bad years in a row IS settling. I have seen nothing from KO over the last three seasons that gives me any cause for optimism. The guy is simply in over his head in lots of ways.
I don't believe anyone thinks it's ok to have 3 bad years in a row. There's just some of us who believe those bad seasons are primarily or exclusively the result of KO and some of us that believe things outside KO's control have impacted the ability of KO to implement things that could get the results we all want. No one is settling. No one is making excuses. And I'll ask for y'all's forgiveness because no one is acting hysterically. We all want the same thing - to get back to the glory days. What we are doing is factoring things differently and based on that difference suggesting different solutions.

Reaction Score
What we are doing is factoring things differently and based on that difference suggesting different solutions.

Some people eagerly declare that the glory days are firmly in the past and that it's unrealistic to strive for that level.

I thought that population was limited predominantly to Syracuse fans and ESPN employees (often one in the same), but there's a disturbingly large element among our own supposed fans.

Reaction Score
I'd have to call lack of chemistry and familiarity with each other...these excuses can only go so far haha, but that is how I feel about it. Early in the season against 2 experienced teams with a little bit of parody, I don't blame them. Was at both of those games and the team did not look like they were gelling at all, wouldn't blame coaching in those 2.
I think that's when you specifically blame the coaching! Part of his job is getting these guys to gel. Don't forget, these guys are playing pickup games well before official practice starts. Larrier practiced with the team last year. And by sheer talent alone we should have been able to survive both of those games. Not sure if you remember them, but as I recall we pretty much got handled by 2 mid-major teams. Not blown out, but handled. That should not happen to UConn. Ever. Sorry, no excuse for not having gel'd before the start of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom