Are we gonna keep pretending... | The Boneyard

Are we gonna keep pretending...

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
it's March 1st, there's nothing left to pretend about

we are what we are, not very good

I'm numb, the losses don't even bother me anymore, I watched this entire game hoping for the best but with an indifferent attitude

Reaction Score
No no no no no!! You are absolutely not permitted to question Kevin Ollie. Not on this board anyway.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm pretending I'm not in this thread.

Reaction Score
We should be able to beat Ecu with our starting 5. This is unacceptable.

Lol at people acting like this is the upset of the century. We opened at two point favorites before Vital was out and Purvis got hurt. On the scale of upsets in college basketball today, this isn't even close to being the biggest one.

Reaction Score
Lol at people acting like this is the upset of the century. We opened at two point favorites before Vital was out and Purvis got hurt. On the scale of upsets in college basketball today, this isn't even close to being the biggest one.

It really isn't that much of an upset but that is depressing enough.

Reaction Score
Offensively I see 2 problems. One is that our 3 point shooters can't create the shot on their own unless wide open. We have no one that can dribble jump and get the shot off. 2 as good as Jalen is getting a midrange shot we have no guard that can drive to the hole and create a layup in traffic. ECU had players doing both of those things tonight. We also continue to allow wide open 3's as we have all season. The season is over, all but the crying, wait I'm done crying. Getting guys back but we need a talent influx in spots, big man and shooting guard.

Reaction Score
The coaching has left a lot to be desired, but if you think that is the only reason we stink then you do not know what you are talking about. All our best players are either out injured or playing injured. We have zero depth. Guys are playing 40 minutes a game and have to be exhausted. Coaching is a problem but not the only one.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What thread?
Rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat.

What's funny is there were a lot of posters in the UConn football forum who wanted Randy gone long before he left. Called those who wanted to keep Randy Apologistas. Randy of course left for different reasons, same that got bb in a mess (Hatha gave it all away) and then got PP and Diaco! Turned out real good for those guys. These people might want to go to that forum and check it out. Better yet maybe @businesslawyer could come here and explain it to them. Better still he should just stay away.

Reaction Score
It definitely leaves a sour taste in my mouth. But given the circumstances, the result wasn't completely out of the question coming into the game. Playing on the road when you only have six players and your best player is at 60% leaves you susceptible for an upset.

Losing to Wagner and Northeastern at home at full health is completely unacceptable. Given the circumstances tonight, I can't really say I'm surprised. They are historically banged up and it was a trap game.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

and we closed at 4, ECU is so bad the line still went up

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
These crazy runs every team goes on aren't a concern?

I know, the injuries, and they're tired, and blah blah blah. When it happens on a nightly basis for a few years in a row, maybe it is fair to question the coaches in this regard?

People get very, very mad when you suggest that maybe giving up huge runs every game might be a problem.

Just because even mid-majors have no problem running off 24-5 runs against us doesn't mean that the coaching staff isn't top notch in every facet of their preparation.

Even though Cincinnati is all but certain to pound us into a stupor for minutes at a time without the coaching staff twitching a muscle is in no way an indication that they aren't in complete control of their team.

No, sir. Those runs are not a problem at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom