Are we above rushing the court? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Are we above rushing the court?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Well we sure will never see a storming at a women’s game in their dwindling lifetimes

At least the opposing team would have plenty of time to make it to the locker room.

Reaction Score
Instances where it might be acceptable to storm the court this year:
1. Had they beaten WSU
2. If they beat Nova
3. If they beat Cincy on a buzzer beater.
4. If they win the AACT.

Reaction Score
Thanks. That was a crazy crowd. I remember watching that game from Buffalo Wild Wings and thinking that has to be one of the rowdiest uconn crowds ever.
I'm fairly certain I have partial hearing loss from being in the student section

Reaction Score
Interesting question. I would say it's okay to rush the court. Villanova is #1, for goodness sake. We haven't had a truly amazing celebratory moment like that at home since probably "the Shabuzzer-beater" in December 2013 against Florida. (That is to say, not counting the Jalen full court shot which was in Orlando, etc.) And even then, Florida wasn't even ranked top 10 at the time!

The students and fans need this, they need this so bad. The whole state of CT needs this. I understand the counterargument of "Fans should act like they're rooting for a top team and not a huge underdog," but the simple fact is that we're not a top team and we are a huge underdog. We should act like that.

Although in practice I'd imagine the security staff at the XL Center would stop students from storming the court anyway.

Reaction Score
I will rush my tv if we beat Nova and send out a bunch of text messages to the Nova grads that I know.

Reaction Score
Because we’ve won 4 National Championships. We’re not CSU Northridge.
Agreed, but this group has never experienced winning. If we do beat Nova and if this happens...could be a big shot into the arm for both the players and the fan base...

Reaction Score
Thanks. That was a crazy crowd. I remember watching that game from Buffalo Wild Wings and thinking that has to be one of the rowdiest uconn crowds ever.

I was at the Texas game. Great crowd.

I lived in Milford for a fairly brief time that coincided with the 2011 run. Watched the first BE tournament game at BWW in the mall then every game there until we won it all. It had the mojo.

Reaction Score
There has never been a court rush at XL 99% sure

We won't have to worry anyway since the students average only about 40 in attendance and then complain there no way to get there when they actually have a plethora of options

Disclaimer they will show up Saturday because it's #1 but they should show up for every game if they cared so much about UConn basketball and the university

Reaction Score
We won't have to worry anyway since the students average only about 40 in attendance and then complain there no way to get there when they actually have a plethora of options

Disclaimer they will show up Saturday because it's #1 but they should show up for every game if they cared so much about UConn basketball and the university

I think students would be much more willing to ride 80 minutes round-trip in a school bus on a school night if the team was, you know, not painful to watch 80% of the time.

Reaction Score
I think students would be much more willing to ride 80 minutes round-trip in a school bus on a school night if the team was, you know, not painful to watch 80% of the time.

No sympathy from me i drive 1 hr+ each way for every game including the exhibition while getting up daily at 6 am.

You are either a fan or aren't there no middle ground. The Cleveland browns are horrible yet sell out every game

Reaction Score
I mean, normally I would say that would be unbecoming of a uconn fan since we have 4 national championships since 1999 and have produced nba all stars and a soon to be hall of famer.

But with our struggles the last couple years, having to take on last minute recruits to field a team, losing one of our most talented guys to injury again....if we were to beat Nova + lots of alcohol + our fans haven’t had a figurative ejaculation since 2014....maybe it would be ok just this one time???

Also..if rushing the court is ever ok, is there an age limit? Asking for a friend.
The student section in the XL is small. the kids will rush the court. the adults will stand and go crazy in our seats.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom