Are we above rushing the court? | The Boneyard

Are we above rushing the court?

Reaction Score
I mean, normally I would say that would be unbecoming of a uconn fan since we have 4 national championships since 1999 and have produced nba all stars and a soon to be hall of famer.

But with our struggles the last couple years, having to take on last minute recruits to field a team, losing one of our most talented guys to injury again....if we were to beat Nova + lots of alcohol + our fans haven’t had a figurative ejaculation since 2014....maybe it would be ok just this one time???

Also..if rushing the court is ever ok, is there an age limit? Asking for a friend.

Reaction Score
We stormed the court when we were ranked #21 in 2010 and beat #1 Texas, although there have been two more National Championships since then, I would say we are not above it

Thanks. That was a crazy crowd. I remember watching that game from Buffalo Wild Wings and thinking that has to be one of the rowdiest uconn crowds ever.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Bah some people are too easily embarrassed.

That said, the team with the most natties in the last 18 years shouldn't be surprised by beating any other team.

Reaction Score
Act like you been there and belong. It's embarrassing to see a team/ program of UConn caliber storming the court. Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas would never do that

If you want to belong with the blue bloods act like you are a part of the exclusive club.
The current crop of students haven't been there before and may not know how to act. If they do court storm, some of us will be like parents feeling ashamed/embarrassed, but happy that they are enjoying it. These current students could use a taste of the real UConn basketball good feelings.

Either way ain't no force on this Board is going to stop them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Act like you been there and belong. It's embarrassing to see a team/ program of UConn caliber storming the court. Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas would never do that

If you want to belong with the blue bloods act like you are a part of the exclusive club.

Well sadly most of the current students haven’t been there before.

Reaction Score
I’d love to say that we’re above it.

But we are 0-13 against RPI top 50 teams over the past 1.5 years and we’ve lost every one of those games by 8 points or more.

At this point, I’m worried about a Stanford band scenario in which we storm the court 20 seconds into the Nova game because we manage to hit the first bucket.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
No and hell no. I dont care if it takes grizzly bears in bikinis riding unicycles, get these kids excited. Excited kids rub off on excited adults. Theres no instant gratification in sports and our fanbase needs to learn / remember that.

Its time we get back to choppin wood.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It would be monumental if this team beats Nova.

If we beat Nova, we rush the court and I have no issue with it. I'm all for it. Nor would I have an issue if the roles were reversed.

No disrespect to Nova, I have a lot of respect for them.

Reaction Score
As a student I’d rush the court. And I wouldn’t give a flying scalatio about what you stuck up “blue blood” “adults” thought about it lol. They’re college kids, let them have fun. Don’t over analyze

Reaction Score

Everybody storms the court

According to this link it looks like all those programs have rushed the court fwiw

Reaction Score
Rushing the court would inject some life into the players and the fan base. I assume alcohol consumption will be at a high level, which obviously helps.

The hard part is winning the game.

Reaction Score
I’m glad that I made this thread... I thought most of you guys were boring and too conservative for this behavior! I apologize. I was wrong. I’ll see you as we rush the court on the 20th!...and then at the Mynx.
Mynx is a given if we win. Need to figure out a way to ditch the wife after the game though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom