Are we about to go on an 8-game losing streak? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Are we about to go on an 8-game losing streak?

Reaction Score
I think we find a way to back into 2 wins next 9 games coming from the group of USF, Tulane, Memphis, & Temple.

Reaction Score
Damn I’m not expecting us to be a tournament team or anything either but I’m hopeful there will be some improvement going forward with young guys getting more experience and Adams ability to take over games sometimes. Winning 4 of those games seems reasonable to expect. The same guys saying we are going to lose before every game should not complain as much when we do lose.

Against Tulsa we had an 18% chance to win, remember? And then people watched the game and realized we should have won and complained relentlessly.

Reaction Score
Against Tulsa we had an 18% chance to win, remember? And then people watched the game and realized we should have won and complained relentlessly.
We lost to a team that's not ranked in the Kenpom top 100. Pretty, pretty sure folks are right to complain about that.

Reaction Score
We lost to a team that's not ranked in the Kenpom top 100. Pretty, pretty sure folks are right to complain about that.

Yes, if they weren’t just boasting that we had no chance to win the game anyway.

Reaction Score
Talk about terrible logic. "Well the program has fallen low enough that we only have an 18% chance to beat Tulsa but we almost won so we need to give the team & Ollie credit."

I didn’t say anything about giving Ollie and the team credit. My point is that people shouldn’t act shocked and disgusted when we lose if they think we suck so bad to begin with that we should have no chance against a team like Tulsa.

I don’t think uconn is a good team but I do think we should be able to beat a lot of these teams in our conference. The conference is better but it’s still not great at all and there are games to be won.

Reaction Score
I didn’t say anything about giving Ollie and the team credit. My point is that people shouldn’t act shocked and disgusted when we lose if they think we suck so bad to begin with that we should have no chance against a team like Tulsa.

I don’t think uconn is a good team but I do think we should be able to beat a lot of these teams in our conference. The conference is better but it’s still not great at all and there are games to be won.
I have low expectations and still somehow end up disappointed. I imagine most feel the same way. But the fact that an 0-8 stretch is reasonable right now just shows how bad of shape we are in.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Idk we always seem to have UCFs number. But in the past that had a lot to with Amida dominating Wacko Tacko.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
Now that the team has figured out how not to lose with an 8 point lead in the waning minutes, the Huskies should go 6-3 in this coming stretch.

Reaction Score
Probably! Here's our upcoming schedule:

1/10: vs. UCF
1/13: @ Tulane
1/16: @ Memphis
1/20: vs. Villanova
1/25: vs. SMU
1/28: @ Temple
1/31: @ UCF
2/3: vs. Cincinnati
2/7: vs. USF

The only team worse than us on this list, going by Kenpom, is Memphis. But obviously we're playing on the road where we're a disaster, and it'll be the second straight game on the road at that. Historically, KO's teams have not done great in those situations.

My guess is we don't win another game until February 7. And I think there's a decent chance we just saw Ollie's final wins as UConn head coach.
Except for Nova we can beat any of those teams. We won't win them all but we won't lose them all either. I'm guessing your guess is wrong.

Reaction Score
I'll be at the Tulane game, last time here was a nail bitter and Gibbs made a couple of tough 3's near end to get/keep lead. This will be part of the big UConn turnaround. No one wants to see UConn on their schedule!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We just started the first game of a 5+ game winning streak...

KenPom puts the chances of an 8 game losing streak at 5.4%. The chances of this being the first win of a 5 game winning streak is 0.6%

Reaction Score
Probably! Here's our upcoming schedule:

1/10: vs. UCF
1/13: @ Tulane
1/16: @ Memphis
1/20: vs. Villanova
1/25: vs. SMU
1/28: @ Temple
1/31: @ UCF
2/3: vs. Cincinnati
2/7: vs. USF

The only team worse than us on this list, going by Kenpom, is Memphis. But obviously we're playing on the road where we're a disaster, and it'll be the second straight game on the road at that. Historically, KO's teams have not done great in those situations.

My guess is we don't win another game until February 7. And I think there's a decent chance we just saw Ollie's final wins as UConn head coach.

Think we win at Memphis and Tulane, but 5 in a row seems like a lock.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
KenPom puts the chances of an 8 game losing streak at 5.4%. The chances of this being the first win of a 5 game winning streak is 0.6%

What is the +/- error bar look like on both? And I wonder what the percentage of a long win streak looks like in the absence of the Nova game?

Either way, you're saying I've got a chance... ;)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What is the +/- error bar look like on both? And I wonder what the percentage of a long win streak looks like in the absence of the Nova game?

Either way, you're saying I've got a chance... ;)

The plus or minus on it is how accurate are the KenPom game by game projections. So pretty accurate.

Your numbers on an AAC winning streak which ignores the 8% chance against Villanova:

2: 47%
3: 16%
4: 7.3%
5: 2.0%
6: 0.5%
7: 0.1%

If there is a 'must-win' to keep people from losing their minds it's Memphis on the 16th. They stink and if UConn doesn't get that one it could be a long 2.5 weeks.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The plus or minus on it is how accurate are the KenPom game by game projections. So pretty accurate.

Your numbers on an AAC winning streak which ignores the 8% chance against Villanova:

If there is a 'must-win' to keep people from losing their minds it's Memphis on the 16th. They stink and if UConn doesn't get that one it could be a long 2.5 weeks.

Lots of money to be made here, my friend! I'm hoping I won't have to use the phrase "double or nothing?"

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

giphy.gif

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

200w.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom